Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:09 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
LGBT, Confederate statues, Russia, sexism, open borders, etc doesn't put food on the table, pay the rent, nor keep anyone safe from terrorism, or illegal alien crime.
Correct.

Bill Clinton's mantra "It's the economy, stupid" is issue #1 always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But if you honestly arent racist or homophobic/transphobic, then why would a person being Trans bother you ?
It doesn't bother me per se, but...

A) It does bother me that they seem to be the focus of one of our politcal parties when it should be jobs, the economy, etc.

B) There is an enormous law of unintended consequences going on there that that no one wants to talk about. In Cali, the bathrooms are all supposed to be unisex now, and there are places that I do not even take my wife and mom since the bathrooms are now so univerally filthy from men pissing all over the toilet seats and worse. What is more, I don't want men to be in the bathrooms with them, even if they are pretending to be women.

They have a mental health issue, and I don't hate them for it, but that is something for them to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Like any fringe group, they merit no special treatment. I'd favor a 3rd bathroom for them personally.

As for political conventions, they should stick to mainstream American issues, the stuff the MAJORITY have a vested interest in.
Nor is this a solution. This wlll force businesses to bear the burden of space and expense to accomodate them. Not all businesses will be in the financial postion to comply.

The answer is that they deal with their own mental health issues and let the rest of us worry about more important things.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Lol. I love these threads predicting politics and gloom and doom. People do this to reinforce their own sense of insecurity and what might happen with their own party.

Were you guys not born in 1991 or just too young to remember? In 1991, George H. Bush had super high approval ratings and it was thought that no Dem could run against him and win--everyone was intimidated. The Dems were kind of a joke. The front runners were Mario Cuomo and Bill Bradley and I think Harkins was around.

Along came Ross Perot and then Bill Clinton emerged in the spring of 1992. The rest is history.

You guys knock yourself out with your 'predictions.' It is very entertaining.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. I love these threads predicting politics and gloom and doom. People do this to reinforce their own sense of insecurity and what might happen with their own party.

Were you guys not born in 1991 or just too young to remember? In 1991, George H. Bush had super high approval ratings and it was thought that no Dem could run against him and win--everyone was intimidated. The Dems were kind of a joke. The front runners were Mario Cuomo and Bill Bradley and I think Harkins was around.

Along came Ross Perot and then Bill Clinton emerged in the spring of 1992. The rest is history.

1,100 seats flipped to GOP. That is not a prediction. Its reality. Giant gains in House & Senate=reality.

It already happened.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

Born in 1961. I will not vote for a party that is no different than the other party outside of a few fringe issues. Address what I want to see addressed or it's third party again.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:

Threads like this one is becoming very easy to get thru... This one after 14 posts I could only actually read 2!! It tells you.. Trumpet's are panicking .. and spreading so much BS/Propaganda and backing their "Unhinged Cult Leader" to the mat!!

The Russian Investigation" is getting to close for comfort for Trump and his Cultists.. so are trying to spread yet more really FAKE Cr@ppo$$la to Divert!! If this wasn't such a dangerous situation.. I'd LOL.. but unfortunately it appears to becoming a " Homeland Security" issue and POTUS unhinged with CODES is being duly noted by responsible Government Officials!!!

My question NOW is... Just who are the SNOWFLAKES ??? POTUS is no Leader and has Zero Credibility .. so guess what... the world today is Global interactive.. It's not the time to try and go back to pre-Globalism.. But demented-in-chief doesn't get that!! He's in UUUGE problems with his TRADE MARK.. as are his adult children and associates.. Best Trump claim something to declare himself " Unfit" and unable to make decisions for himself".. LOL.. Yet this idiot insights riots/deflects all responsibility ( as he has done ALL his life) Embraces Oligarchies and dictators.. BUT poor TRUMP due to oath of office~~ Has a Constitution that will deny his agenda!! Poor poor Donny ~~ Take him somewhere he cannot inflect further DAMGE!! PLEASE!

Old 08-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It doesn't end the wars. It doesn't help one make ends meet. It didn't assure people of being able to see a doctor when they get sick.
In some states you can be fired/not hired without reason, so all the things you just named are tied to being able to get and keep the job in the first place.

So you are missing a step, and there lies the problem with trying to attack"identity " politics. It is at its heart, an economic issue.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:46 PM

25,571 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Lol. I love these threads predicting politics and gloom and doom............
But that's what you do.
Go back and read your own posts where you have consistently forecast gloom and doom and pointed to Trump as the cause.

You are not amused. You are panicked. NOTHING has worked out the way you said it would.

i.e. Who's the President?

Old 08-25-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
In some states you can be fired/not hired without reason, so all the things you just named are tied to being able to get and keep the job in the first place.

So you are missing a step, and there lies the problem with trying to attack"identity " politics. It is at its heart, an economic issue.
an economic issue of the .0001%.

That loses far, far, far more votes amongst 99.9999% who understand their concerns are ignored.

Had Democrats focused on overall economic issues, w/o regard to he .0001%, they might have won.

A rising tide lifts all boats, and must be the sole economic focus. Not who sits where.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

You can't address the needs of the .05% and expect to win. You can address the needs of the majority and include the .05% and win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections