U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times

Advertisements

John Hagee on the Issues…

Hagee on Hurricane Katrina
"All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on Islamic Beliefs
Fresh Air host Terry Gross asked if Hagee believed that "all Muslims have a mandate to kill Christians and Jews," to which Hagee replied, "Well, the Quran teaches that. Yes, it teaches that very clearly." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on African-Americans
The San Antonio Express-News reported that Hagee was going to "meet with black religious leaders privately at an unspecified future date to discuss comments he made in his newsletter about a 'slave sale,' an East Side minister said Wednesday." The Express-News reported:

"Hagee, pastor of the 16,000-member Cornerstone Church, last week had announced a 'slave sale' to raise funds for high school seniors in his church bulletin, 'The Cluster.'

"The item was introduced with the sentence 'Slavery in America is returning to Cornerstone" and ended with "Make plans to come and go home with a slave." [San Antonio Express-News 3/7/96]

Hagee on Catholicism
"Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews." [Jerusalem Countdown by John Hagee]

Hagee on Women
"Do you know the difference between a woman with PMS and a snarling Doberman pinscher? The answer is lipstick. Do you know the difference between a terrorist and a woman with PMS? You can negotiate with a terrorist." [God's Profits: Faith, Fraud and the Republican Crusade for Values Voters, Sarah Posner]

"[T]he feminist movement today is throwing off authority in rebellion against God's pattern for the family." ["Bible Positions on Political Issues," John Hagee]

Hagee on LGBT Americans
"The newspaper carried the story in our local area that was not carried nationally that there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came. And the promise of that parade was that it was going to reach a level of sexuality never demonstrated before in any of the other Gay Pride parades. So I believe that the judgment of God is a very real thing. I know that there are people who demur from that, but I believe that the Bible teaches that when you violate the law of God, that God brings punishment sometimes before the day of judgment." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on Iran
"The coming nuclear showdown with Iran is a certainty," Hagee wrote [in 2006] in the Pentecostal magazine Charisma. "Israel and America must confront Iran's nuclear ability and willingness to destroy Israel with nuclear weapons. For Israel to wait is to risk committing national suicide." [The Nation, 8/8/2006, http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060814/new_christian_zionism] (broken link)

The Democratic Party | John McCain Should Denounce Hagee Endorsement, Anti-Catholic Remarks (http://www.democrats.org/a/2008/02/john_mccain_sho.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
How do people like this get such a huge following?
Doesn't anyone ever sit in those pews thinking "this guys a complete idiot?"

Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,744,549 times
No surprise, the gop is the theocrat party.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:23 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,786,557 times
TV news talking head: "Senator McCain, in light of the racist and sexist comments made by Pastor Hagee why are you accepting of his endorsement?"

McCain: "Well, you know I was a POW for 5 1/2 years".

golfgod

Old 08-26-2008, 02:28 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,212,349 times
Wow, you people are worried about the Ayers thing coming out.

And I have asked many times, has McCain ever attended his church?

Of course no one has an answer.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:36 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,185,013 times
This would be very disturbing if McCain had been mentored for 20 years by Hagee. Considering no one can even definitively say if McCain has set foot in Hagge's church even one time, this is a non story.

I hate McCain, but the left simply has no credible way of defending Obama's 20 year mentorship from a hatefilled racist pastor. They keep trying to throw the Hagee and Parsley thing at the wall, but it won't stick. Must be frustrating trying!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,163,252 times
Well, if McCain doesn't know this guy's position shouldn't he find out what he's about before accepting his endorsement? This guy's anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-Catholic, thinks slavery is something to be joked about, and thinks New Orleans was destroyed by God. Good to know a member of the nutjob contigent seems to like McCain.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 PM

11,459 posts, read 8,135,725 times
Well. at least he didnt say "GOdD*MN AMERICA"

Old 08-26-2008, 03:50 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times
I think McCain did reject the endorsement of Hagee, when it turned out Hagee wasnt going to fly even with what McCain perceives to be his base. He was for him before he was against him.

Lieberman, however, went on to speak at Hagee's "Christians United for America" in July.
"No, I don't agree with everything that Pastor Hagee has ever said." Some of Hagee's words, the senator said, "were hurtful and offensive to some people."

Lieberman again drew a parallel between Hagee and biblical figures, this time saying biblical heroes, unlike the demigods of Greek mythology, "are humans -- great humans, but with human failings." Lieberman said that Moses had his shortcomings, too.

"Dear friends, I can only imagine what the bloggers of today would have had to say about Moses and Miriam."

Lieberman: Hagee Like Moses, Bloggers Would Have Bashed Him Too
Hmm, "dear friends..." that sounds familiar. (And I dont mean from Firesign Theatre.)

Moses and Miriam

Old 08-26-2008, 04:30 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,185,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Well, if McCain doesn't know this guy's position shouldn't he find out what he's about before accepting his endorsement? This guy's anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-Catholic, thinks slavery is something to be joked about, and thinks New Orleans was destroyed by God. Good to know a member of the nutjob contigent seems to like McCain.
Not the point. Obama was mentored for 20 years by a guy who there is plenty of video and audio of him spewing hate.

I really don't pay that much attention to who Barry panders to seeking endorsements as pretty much all politicians will whor* themselves out to get votes from whomever they think might benefit them.

I've never said a single word about any of Barry's endorsers with whom he is not close with as I don't expect him to study the beliefs of everyone he ask to vote for him and then endorse their views just because they say they'll vote for him.

But having a mentor of 20 years with warped, hateful ideas is quiet a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or