Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:22 AM

25,731 posts, read 21,885,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
hilarious and will easily fail
Losers just don't get the message anymore, maybe that is because they are slow from the get-go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I don't know, most Americans are ready for compromise.
Kasich was a Democrat running for the Republican ticket. He leaned so left, he fell down. Now, he wants to be an Independent. He isn't likeable to the majority of people, has problems in his own state, embraces fracking which is poisoning the water supply, embraces illegal aliens, just "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
They'd have to start the platform now to garner support.
They would have to be able to raise a ton of money, which I don't see happening. I have no use for Kasich and have no idea who the other one is, and I suspect many others see this matchup as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I have a lot of respect for Kasich. He didn't get nearly enough credit for sticking to the issues in a series of very nasty debates.
Well, had he been a Democrat, sticking to the issues would have helped him. He had mostly a Democratic platform, perhaps that is where he fell short.

Quote:
Kasich on top. He has the ability to garner cross over votes from moderates on either side plus independents.
No, not really, but it is good to have a dream. How many potential nominees not getting the party's nomination went on later to win the presidency? I know a few that didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No

In reality they are both democrats.
If they run as independents it would be good. It would split the democrat vote. It would guarantee a Trump win. IMO
Exactly. Kasich didn't do that well pulling votes for the GOP, but branded himself as a Republican with a left-leaning platform. I don't see him as being any use to anyone in either party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is a reason Kasich drew zero interest as a presidential candidate. He would need a very strong showing from the Baby Boomers and after robbing Social Security, he is never going to get it.
He won't get support of the Baby Boomers, 2 in our household, aware of the needs/issues, and we don't want him.

Quote:
The problem with the far right is that they keep espousing that everyone 'not exactly like them in lock step' is not a Republican. You are a RINO, or a Democrat.

The Republican party is pretty fractured, so I tend to disagree with that broad assessment.

I'm a registered 'R' that identifies as an Independent. There are a lot of us. A lot of us...
I have a registered "everything" so far. And the far right is a minority of the party. Is this about "pot"? Is everything about "pot" or are we talking for amnesty for illegal aliens that Kasich wanted to give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
It wouldn't guarantee a Trump win. The way things look now Trump might not get the Republican nod. Funny you call Kasich a Democrat while Trump is the biggest RINO of them all.

We need something to unite us and bring us back from the darkness Trump is leading us into.
Don't kid yourself, Trump, if he wants it, will get the nomination. Kasich had a mostly Democratic platform, so "if it walks like duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck!" Supports amnesty for illegal aliens, supports common core, allow abortions up to 20 weeks, wants to limit the power of unions, etc. I oppose boots on the ground to fight ISIS - our troops will die at the hands of those savages, but Kasich wants to do that.

Kasich jokes "I ought to be running in the Democratic primary": http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...cratic-primary (NOT A JOKE KASICH).

And, there is something about him that just gags me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This isn't a 'Unity Party'; it's an 'Open Borders Party'. There are one-world-government types that are going to shove cheap labor on us regardless of what the voters/citizens want. The rich elitist want to become richer and they are doing everything they can do to stay in control. They spent over one billion last election to open up our Country even further. They love to talk about raising the minimum wage; but they want illegals to steal the last jobs remaining.

If the Democrats ever want another chance; work for the people that built your Party. Work for the workers in this Country and not the ones in other countries! I will never come back home to the Democratic Party until they see the light!
YOU GOT IT!

Say "NO" to globalists: Kelleigh Nelson -- Ted Cruz, Kasich, Bush and George Soros - Partners in Globalism and Kasich: U.S. 'crazy' to 'retreat from world' under Trump | WKYC.com These people are "wolves in sheep's clothing"! Globalism means the 1% win, and the rest of us lose who we are, throw away all that our ancestors have done to make the country what it is, don't vote for anyone that would throw "us" away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 11:37 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,149,230 times
For all you nay-sayers out there.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-third-3.html

Seems like a pretty popular idea.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 PM

21,698 posts, read 24,894,730 times
Possible, although it would depend.

Kasich seemed okay. Economically he's fairly good. Environmentally he's a little weak but fairly balanced between economic exploitation and preservation. Globally he's all over the place. We're not the world police but we need more ground troops fighting ISIS and need to invade Syria and get rid of Assad and need to posture to show the Chinese whose boss. Basically he has no policy there. Free trade he's fairly good but for the wrong reasons. It's more about strengthening our position to get in a trade war with China than because he believes in free trade. Religion... well, he's a bible thumper but fairly moderate as bible thumper goes.

I don't really know anything about Hickenlooper. I assume he's more moderate as Colorado is fairly moderate.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:07 PM

10,817 posts, read 14,885,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A Republican and a Democrat running together as independents. Sounds good to me

Source: Kasich, Hickenlooper consider unity presidential ticket in 2020

Under this scenario, Kasich, a Republican, and Hickenlooper, a Democrat, would run as independents with Kasich at the top of the ticket, said the source, who cautioned it has only been casually talked about.
I would vote for Maxine Waters first.

Kasich is the very, very bottom of my list.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,180,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I feel like this would be a very strong ticket if it were to happen. People are fed up with partisanship.

I disagree with several of Kasich's policies but I like him as a person. I would consider voting for this ticket.
+1

There needs to be a return to the middle, and some common sense. I would rather people work together to make things happen, and start thinking of issues as right or wrong, not right or left.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:17 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,330,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A Republican and a Democrat running together as independents. Sounds good to me

Source: Kasich, Hickenlooper consider unity presidential ticket in 2020

Under this scenario, Kasich, a Republican, and Hickenlooper, a Democrat, would run as independents with Kasich at the top of the ticket, said the source, who cautioned it has only been casually talked about.
Count me in, I am sick of the extremists on both sides. American Democracy has jumped the shark, it is time to try something new. It can't get much worse, the existing two party system is so broken that Americans thought it would be a good idea to vote for a racist buffoon suffering from mental illness.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:20 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,797,757 times
"The idea of a joint ticket has been discussed, but not at an organizational or planning level,"

That's really all you need to know. Also from a CNN "source" so probably fake.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:26 PM

19,562 posts, read 22,441,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
"The idea of a joint ticket has been discussed, but not at an organizational or planning level,"

That's really all you need to know. Also from a CNN "source" so probably fake.
No kidding Sherlock. That was pointed out in threads first post itself.

The premise is interesting..

Here's why Kasich-Hickenlooper 2020 rumors continue to swirl

Here- more fake news. Eat it up. Take small bites though, wouldn't want anyone to choke on the fine print.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
I know of very few people in support of that, regardless of political affiliation.
The overwhelming vast majority of people are for it or it would have stopped. Trump was cheered on when he bombed Afghanistan.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:04 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,386,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No

In reality they are both democrats.
If they run as independents it would be good. It would split the democrat vote. It would guarantee a Trump win. IMO
Or you could say in reality they are both Republicans. I like Hick, but he's a fairly conservative Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections