U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2017, 05:49 PM
 
18,662 posts, read 7,250,336 times
Reputation: 7978

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Why do righties keep insisting that right wing sources are good and accurate sources of information about liberals and the Democratic party? Just like you guys listen to everything that NYT and WaPo and msnbc say about conservatives and take that as gospel, right?
Historically, this is a centrist columnist who the Post simply includes on occasion in their paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2017, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,001 posts, read 11,624,951 times
Reputation: 31846
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Historically, this is a centrist columnist who the Post simply includes on occasion in their paper.
Odd because he calls himself a conservative Republican, in this piece where he explained he registered as a Democrat solely to try to influence the Democratic primary to help his chosen Republican candidate and who continues to remain

Quote:
a registered Democrat who hopes the Democratic Party nominates someone bound to repel average Americans

The joy of voting in the Democratic primary as a conservative Republican | New York Post

So no, not a centrist, and not someone whose opinion of what Democrats should do has any validity since his avowed goal is to help defeat Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2017, 06:36 PM
 
18,662 posts, read 7,250,336 times
Reputation: 7978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Odd because he calls himself a conservative Republican, in this piece where he explained he registered as a Democrat solely to try to influence the Democratic primary to help his chosen Republican candidate and who continues to remain




The joy of voting in the Democratic primary as a conservative Republican | New York Post

So no, not a centrist, and not someone whose opinion of what Democrats should do has any validity since his avowed goal is to help defeat Democrats.

Best Dems continue on their 10 year path having lost 1,100 statewide plus DC seats, including approximately 80 of the 535 on Capitol Hill.

Plus over a dozen governors offices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,001 posts, read 11,624,951 times
Reputation: 31846
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Best Dems continue on their 10 year path having lost 1,100 statewide plus DC seats, including approximately 80 of the 535 on Capitol Hill.

Plus over a dozen governors offices.
Nice attempt at deflection. He's not a centrist and you were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2017, 06:41 PM
 
18,662 posts, read 7,250,336 times
Reputation: 7978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nice attempt at deflection. He's not a centrist and you were wrong.
The reality is his points are spot on. 2016 was not the first "DNC in deep trouble" moment. The GOP takeover started in 2010. I am enjoying it immensely, btw. However, I do think the Republican party needs an effective opposing party. Right now, they have none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 07:08 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,449,206 times
Reputation: 3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
lies




not sure why the image wont work, but the GOP home page has the exact same things


"RNC women" https://www.gop.com/groups/rnc-women/
"GOP Hispanics" https://www.gop.com/groups/gop-hispanics/
"Black Republican Activists" https://www.gop.com/groups/black-republican-activists/
"GOP Faith" https://www.gop.com/groups/gop-faith/
"GOP Millennials" https://www.gop.com/groups/gop-millennials/
"Asian Pacific Americans " https://www.gop.com/groups/asian-pacific-americans/
The difference is the GOP has a clear cut platform and uses these groups to help Republicans network with like-minded people, whereas the Democrats have no idea what issues to prioritize and have outsourced policy to these various groups that all want their issues to be the most important.


I just got a survey from the Democrats about which issues they should prioritize, and it is literally all over the place with tons of different issues and says "choose 3." I'm not going to respond. If they don't know by now that this approach doesn't work, they never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 04:27 PM
 
6,933 posts, read 2,473,969 times
Reputation: 3500
Both the Republicans and Democrats play the identity politics game and always have. The difference is that the D's are focusing on growing groups while the R's focus on dying ones.

Another factor is Donald Trump and whether over the long term he adds to or detracts from the R brand. He has his strongest appeal with older voters with a short shelf life and terrible favorably with younger voters. If that takes hold the long term impact of the Trump Era on the R brand is likely to be devastating.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 08-28-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,476,545 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
The difference is the GOP has a clear cut platform and uses these groups to help Republicans network with like-minded people, whereas the Democrats have no idea what issues to prioritize and have outsourced policy to these various groups that all want their issues to be the most important.
I disagree . But the kicker is that even If I did agree with you, the OP argued that the Republicans never split people in the first place.

It was a lie plain and simple, and it wasnt even the OP's fault, but he chose to defend the lie once it was shown to be one.


Quote:
I just got a survey from the Democrats about which issues they should prioritize, and it is literally all over the place with tons of different issues and says "choose 3." I'm not going to respond. If they don't know by now that this approach doesn't work, they never will.
You are making the same flawed argument the OP is making as I get the same letters, robocalls and emails from Republicans asking me which 3/5/10 things do I think they should be prioritizing .

I get that you have to be a real political junkie to subscribe to both sides. But you should never make a "only one side does it" argument without proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 08:13 PM
 
18,662 posts, read 7,250,336 times
Reputation: 7978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Both the Republicans and Democrats play the identity politics game and always have. The difference is that the D's are focusing on growing groups while the R's focus on dying ones.

Another factor is Donald Trump and whether over the long term he adds to or detracts from the R brand. He has his strongest appeal with older voters with a short shelf life and terrible favorably with younger voters. If that takes hold the long term impact of the Trump Era on the R brand is likely to be devastating.
Yes those Transgenders really mattered at the polls in 2016 in electing Clinton...NOT!!!!!!

Much to your dismay, the wwc is still a large voting bock especially in the Rust Belt the region that cemented Clinton's demise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2017, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,476,545 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Yes those Transgenders really mattered at the polls in 2016 in electing Clinton...NOT!!!!!!

Much to your dismay, the wwc is still a large voting bock especially in the Rust Belt the region that cemented Clinton's demise.
What is sad is that you support the discrimination of people who dont fit your "WWC" model, funny how you always talk about identity politics, and then use that term.

It would be more truthful if you called it "minority politics"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top