U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,427,851 times

Advertisements

When your name is "Flake" and you were born in "Snowflake", and your destiny is to manage a star, a little Senate campaign is nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 AM

18,686 posts, read 6,742,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Are you saying you are an old age hater?
No, I am a Joe Arpaio hater, and I honestly think that politicians should have an age limit of 75. No one else (save for actors) still work after that age, why do they? Hell, if I'm still alive at 92, I plan to have been retired for over 20 years!

Old 08-29-2017, 05:54 PM

29,722 posts, read 16,475,984 times
I feel like Flake just must not care. He knows what his numbers are and still he stands against Trump. As he should. Perhaps he has a Plan B in mind.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:28 PM

6,900 posts, read 1,737,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Arpaio, meanwhile, was easily ousted last year after 24 years in office as Maricopa County sheriff. Democratic challenger Paul Penzone won 56% to Arpaio's 44%.
Hard to win a race with a investigations and legal troubles surrounding you. Just ask Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:31 PM

6,900 posts, read 1,737,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, I am a Joe Arpaio hater, and I honestly think that politicians should have an age limit of 75. No one else (save for actors) still work after that age, why do they? Hell, if I'm still alive at 92, I plan to have been retired for over 20 years!
I think we should have term limits. Since must of these aging politicians have been in office forever like Pelosi and McCain. One term and run for something else after you finish your term. Let someone else get a shot.

What other career but politics can someone get paid to try to acquire a different job.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-29-2017 at 06:41 PM..

Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 PM

7,186 posts, read 2,740,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
He would be 92 years old at the end of his first term IF he won. He is delusional
Wonder how many of the crowd that praised the pardon because the old guy would never make it in prison are willing to vote for him, and expect him to do anything resembling a good job for them.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:36 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,767,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some poll results:

Question 1: Do you approve or disapprove of the job performance of President Donald Trump?
Approve 76% Disapprove 21% No Opinion 3%

Question 2: If the Republican primary election for US Senate were held today, which candidate would you support?
Ward 47% Flake 21% Tutora 3% Undecided 29%

Question 3: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Jeff Flake?
Favorable 22% Unfavorable 67% No Opinion 9% Never Heard 2%

Question 4: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Kelli Ward?
Favorable 43% Unfavorable 23% No Opinion 23% Never Heard 11%

Question 5: Do you think that Senator Jeff Flake should be the Republican nominee in next year's Senate race, or would you favor someone else?
Renominate Flake 22% Someone else 66% Undecided 13%

Exclusive

Yes, it's early. But, those multi-term Republican Senators who live in the DC bubble which includes the media better snap out of it or start job hunting.
Trump isn't going to win a second term. Don't any of you get tired of the me, me, me rallies he does in red states. Did you even see his speech in Texas. It was all about him lol

Old 08-31-2017, 07:21 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,397,177 times
I cannot remember a President who was not all about me, me and me, again. As an example check out the first person usage in President Obama's farewell address. Or even some of President George W. Bush's addresses. Who else would put up with abuse a President receives, but an egotist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump isn't going to win a second term. Don't any of you get tired of the me, me, me rallies he does in red states. Did you even see his speech in Texas. It was all about him lol

Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 AM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I enjoy the rallies more than anything. It's what I miss most from campaign season. Trump always says, "We." He even has a hand gesture that goes with it. He makes a circle with his finger.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:34 AM

3,337 posts, read 4,308,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I think we should have term limits. Since must of these aging politicians have been in office forever like Pelosi and McCain. One term and run for something else after you finish your term. Let someone else get a shot.

What other career but politics can someone get paid to try to acquire a different job.
I think 12 years at any one spot is reasonable. 2 senate terms, 6 house terms, 3 term governor. Too be honest that is actually generous. I think simply capping consecutive terms would do- 2 in senate, 3 to 6 in house, 2 in governorships. Sometimes there really is someone with that much skill. But usually they simply become entrenched... like a bug on a fly strip. You can't remove them without things getting very ugly.

I think Flake is going to be knocked out in the primary but would win a general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections