Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,701,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You understand rigged means cheating right ????

Superdelegates are part of the process, free to support who ever they want
lol you are so naive, you have no understanding about how the Democratic party machine works, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 03:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
lol you are so naive, you have no understanding about how the Democratic party machine works, do you?
Looks like he understands completely on how it works... Biden is so old, he would probably be dead before 2020... another WHITE man... seems like the Democratic is not as diverse as it claims...

Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 15 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,521,666 times
Quote:
You have put forth no evidence that anyone cheated, your argument is that you have mentally created a rule that superdelegates either cant endorse or have to do so after their own states primary and vote how the people of the state did.

neither of which is true. I get that you are upset, but at least attempt to back up your claim before trying to call other people wrong.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:16 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,033,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!! and you think that's why he didn't run? He was told to sit this one out by Hillary and the DNC.
Sorry, but Biden doesn't listen to anyone. If he wanted to run he would have run. Put yourself in his shoes. If your son died during election season would you want to be their for family or would you want to go on the road. I would hope you would choose family over politics. And that's exactly what he did.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:43 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,701,269 times
Quote:
You have put forth no evidence that anyone cheated, your argument is that you have mentally created a rule that superdelegates either cant endorse or have to do so after their own states primary and vote how the people of the state did.

neither of which is true. I get that you are upset, but at least attempt to back up your claim before trying to call other people wrong.
I'm not upset in the least, actually quite content that Trump won because that's exactly what the left deserved. Not sure why you keep harping on this "cheating" theme, something subconscious perhaps? Hillary stepped aside for Obama and it was understood in the Democratic party that the next candidate was Clinton and she was not to be opposed. The super delegates dutifully fell in line and pledged their votes before even seeing any of the results of what the electorate actually wanted. The Repubs did the opposite, and let their primaries develop organically. Even with a ***-for-brains candidate they let the voters decide and guess what low and behold allowing market forces to work resulted in their winning.

Like I said, well deserved. 3.25 years left (7.25 if you're not careful)

Old 09-10-2017, 11:27 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,033,622 times
[quote=BlakeJones;49482041]I'm not upset in the least, actually quite content that Trump won because that's exactly what the left deserved. Not sure why you keep harping on this "cheating" theme, something subconscious perhaps? Hillary stepped aside for Obama and it was understood in the Democratic party that the next candidate was Clinton and she was not to be opposed. The super delegates dutifully fell in line and pledged their votes before even seeing any of the results of what the electorate actually wanted. The Repubs did the opposite, and let their primaries develop organically. Even with a ***-for-brains candidate they let the voters decide and guess what low and behold allowing market forces to work resulted in their winning.

Like I said, well deserved. 3.25 years left (7.25 if you're not careful)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no way. I would like to thing our country is smarter than that.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not upset in the least, actually quite content that Trump won because that's exactly what the left deserved. Not sure why you keep harping on this "cheating" theme, something subconscious perhaps? Hillary stepped aside for Obama and it was understood in the Democratic party that the next candidate was Clinton and she was not to be opposed. The super delegates dutifully fell in line and pledged their votes before even seeing any of the results of what the electorate actually wanted. The Repubs did the opposite, and let their primaries develop organically. Even with a ***-for-brains candidate they let the voters decide and guess what low and behold allowing market forces to work resulted in their winning.

Like I said, well deserved. 3.25 years left (7.25 if you're not careful)
3 problems

1. As I said, you are mentally creating a rule that superdelegates must vote as the primary voters did, that is not true.

2. Hillary CLinton won the popular vote in the primary, she won the majority of delegates, Your argument doesnt work even in the construct you have created .

3.The republican party has many win all primaries, that means the will of the people was not done. In states were trump got 30% of the vote, he got 99% of the delegates.

Your entire argument is based on you having no idea on how the primary system works.

Let me also say this

Hillary Clinton won 56% of the vote in the Democratic Primary(thats the popular vote, not the delegate vote)

Trump won 45% of the Republican Primary vote.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,073 times
Quote:

Hillary Clinton won 56% of the vote in the Democratic Primary(thats the popular vote, not the delegate vote)

Trump won 45% of the Republican Primary vote.

comparing apples and oranges.......Clinton was in a 4 candidate primary.....while Trump was in a 17 Candidate primary.........the more people in a primary the less % you will get.....its like a Pizza pie....I'm sure they taught you that in elementary school.

Quote:
The republican party has many win all primaries, that means the will of the people was not done. In states were trump got 30% of the vote, he got 99% of the delegates.

isn't that how it resembles the general election, winner takes all the state's E.C. .....it doesn't matter if you win by 1 vote or 4 million votes.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:51 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, but Biden doesn't listen to anyone. If he wanted to run he would have run. Put yourself in his shoes. If your son died during election season would you want to be their for family or would you want to go on the road. I would hope you would choose family over politics. And that's exactly what he did.

it doesn't work that way.....he ran in 1988 and 2008 on his own and he sucked at it.....he knew that to beat Hillary he needed money, once he knew he couldn't match Hillary, not even 1/3 of what she had he knew he couldn't beat her.

this b.s. that he didn't run because of his son is B.S.....if Hillary didn't run, Biden would be the Democrat establishment choice and all the donors would go to him. The establishment wasn't giving Bernie the Nomination. ...he knew if he ran, he couldn't beat Hillary but split the vote and give Bernie the nomination, another reason he didn't run.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
comparing apples and oranges.......Clinton was in a 4 candidate primary.....while Trump was in a 17 Candidate primary.........the more people in a primary the less % you will get.....its like a Pizza pie....I'm sure they taught you that in elementary school.

That 17 number(18 officially) doesnt really fly because most dropped out.

Before Iowa, 6 candidates had dropped out.

After Iowa, but before New Hampshire, another 3 dropped out

After New Hampshire, but before South Carolina, another 3 dropped out.

South Carolina forward, there werre only 6 candidates still in the race

And lets be clear, not all of the 18 were even on every Ballot. The day after Super Tuesday, we officially had 4 candidates left.

so for 56 of 58 contest, Trump only had 4 opponents.

and no,, the Piza Pie thing isnt true, we arent equally dividing people, if you cant get sizable support that means people support other candidates

There is no Pizza Pie in a political race. Its either NY or California that has 30 minor candidates on the ballot in both parties, should they have equally divided the pie or do you see the flaw in your argument when more than big names are the topic of discussion ????
Quote:
isn't that how it resembles the general election, winner takes all the state's E.C. .....it doesn't matter if you win by 1 vote or 4 million votes.
Reread the post I responded to, that person is trying to claim the superdelegates tipped the scale, but Clinton won in a land slide.

Trump's win is the one that actually has the finger on the scale to support it.

IM not attacking the Republican system, only arguing that in context, it is far worse than the democratic one based on the criteria the previous poster says he doesnt ;ole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections