Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Barrack Obama resign?
Should he resign from his run for the Presidency? 46 46.94%
Should he continue to run for the Presidency? 52 53.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:27 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,798,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You actually have a point. Ferraro simply stated that as a matter of fact, Obama would not be receiving the huge support that he's receiving from the minority community.

Wright made outright racial and anti american statements, and its Ferraro getting criticized and being pushed under a bus?
I don't know if you are distancing yourself from the fact but what Ferraro said that was Obama would not be where he was if he wasn't black. Perhaps let me put it this way for more clarity" "He would not be where he is if he were a white man or a woman of any color". I sure don't wanna criticize you for anything but if you can't understand a simple statement such as this one........I ummm...don't know!! Okay, I will help. It means that he would not be where he is if it wasn't for affirmative action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,601,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This is easily the most ridiculous poll that I have ever seen on the internet. Barack is LEADING and well on his way to the nomination while Hillary is desperate having failed to prove on the merits that she is more deserving.

The more appropriate question is "Should Hillary concede now that her pastor probe has failed?"

The answer is, absolutely.
Must not be too ridiculous when half the people have voted for his to resign!

So, what your saying is just because he is leading means he is untouchable?
What if he commits a crime, will you still believe he is the leader?
He has lied to us, therefore he has lost his trust he had with many people.
Just because you are leading doesnt mean diddly. Then you have to look at all those people he lied to who already voted for him and ask them if they have changed their minds, I voted for him and I wish I could take back my vote. Things change and the more comes out what this man really is about the more you will see his "lead" drop.
How come no one is asking him about his lying?
How come no one has asked if if he personally believe the same as his pastor?
Stop protecting him people, he is no different then anyone else and he is one of the three left who has been caught lying to us.
And yes, many people would love to take back their votes, therefore this lead means nothing at all.
In a horse race does the lead horse on turn 2 automatically get the win if he cheats? No ! This race is very close, closer then many Obama followers like and are very uncomfy about it. My guess is that it will fall even further from this.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I didn't say I know better but I have an opinion and didn't find it so awe inspiring to hear that I'm at fault for not understanding that his preacher and spiritual advisor is a low class, racist, anti-American.

And on CBS Early Show this morning, they had an analyst on there saying it wasn't that great. The main thing I caught was about how he didn't look into the camera but kept looking at the teleprompters which make it look like he wasn't being honest. I can't post links or anything b/c this is the only thing I can get to at work. But not all media is under his spell. I said yesterday the speech was good but I don't buy it. My choice. I don't need anyone to tell me anything about it. I make up my own mind.
I posted earlier that my hubby is a speaker and he watched the speech and even caught that he never looked into the camera. He said this is a sign that the speaker doesn't believe himself what the speech is about and shows signs of dishonesty or no confidence in what you are saying.
Lets face it, he lied to us and not one single media outlet has the guts to call him on it. Roll the tapes of his crazy interviews from Friday and then compare to yesterdays. He flat out lied!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:46 PM

775 posts, read 575,059 times
This last post must have turned people off. Close thread.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:50 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,785,542 times
Or move it to the humor forum, where it belongs...

Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM

558 posts, read 381,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am not a Clinton supporter and I was an Obama supporter. Why on earth do all the Obama followers take offense to a simple questions.
For me, he should resign because I believe he lied to us all and he has not only proven to have poor judgement of character but did not have the guts to stop this hate filled church from allowing such racism to be carried on for more then 20 years, either that or he believed it himself.
He either has a very poor judgement of character or he lied to us when he said he had never heard this man talk like this when he know he did.
Cannot have it both ways.
For me, he has ruined the democratic party for a long time to come because the country is more divided right now then even before, now we have our own democratic party attacking each other right here on this board. Now how are we suppose to build any bridges when none of us can get along?
This has shown me racism is alive and well in America and this pastor is the perfect example of how it continues to grow as he teaches it.

So, my question again was should he or shouldn't he resign. Why? Because he either lied to us ( I think he did and todays speech showed his lie ), his poor judgement of character and chosen people he calls mentors is beyond what we need in our White House, or the man has no guts to stand up to someone he knows is wrong and this itself shows me he cannot run an entire country if he cannot even fix a racist and hate filled church in one town.

Don't slam my husband, why make it personal like that? My hubby could give a speech that would make even Obama down to his knees. He is a consultant that teaches companies how help employees become more productive in a positive manner and he is very good at it. He is a motivator for many large companies and gives speeches that would put you in awe. Many companies hire him over and over again because they see the large difference in people's work once he has had time with them. Even employees thank him for his positive speeches and self motivation speeches.

See, he is a speaker and a teacher and knows when someone is not sincere. He tells me that Obama almost never looks straight into the camera so he thinks he doesnt believe himself what he is saying.

Anyway, I think he should resign before he is totally embarrassed as more stuff comes out about him and his life and he is given the total blame for destroying the democratic party. If you guys want to give him credit for something he hasnt done yet you had better be prepared to give him the blame when we lose the election because of his problems.

By they way, just so the attackers will know, I voted for him in my election here and will not vote for him again. I made that mistake once and will not do it again. I personally believe he has the same racist hate filled heart that his bigot mentro pastor does but is smart enough to hide it.

Only a fanatic Hillary supporter would write all that.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I posted earlier that my hubby is a speaker and he watched the speech and even caught that he never looked into the camera. He said this is a sign that the speaker doesn't believe himself what the speech is about and shows signs of dishonesty or no confidence in what you are saying.
Lets face it, he lied to us and not one single media outlet has the guts to call him on it. Roll the tapes of his crazy interviews from Friday and then compare to yesterdays. He flat out lied!
My hubby is a speaker. Look into Obama's eyes. Hubby said, it and he knows. He's also a Tarot reader.
Sunshine Chick

Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
My hubby is a speaker. Look into Obama's eyes. Hubby said, it and he knows. He's also a Tarot reader.
Sunshine Chick
Not a Hillary supporter and it is a total shame that Obama followers will not allow a very good legit thread to go on without your attacks. Looks to me that 26 of us already have voted that he should resign and 27 say he shouldnt. So, appears to be more people who think he should then I do.

Hubby does know, he teaches people how to talk to people and to be positive about their job so they can be more productive to his/her employer, thus comes more pay with the more production. They pay him big bucks to give speeches and he more then you and I knows that this man will not look at the camera.
By they way, he is the authority on speeches, why? Google paid him tons of bucks to speak to a group of 500 employees to motivate them and it must have worked he goes back in a few weeks to speak to more then 1500!

So, yes Obama is done and shoulid resign. I am sorry the die hard Obama people cannot stand that people like me have changed our mind because he not only lied to us all, but he was given a golden chance to "denounce" the racist buddy and mentor of his and all he could say was to slam to his own white grandmother.

Either Obama is a racist or he is a very poor judgement of character, both along with his lying to us is enough to see him resign. He dont need liars or racist in the white house, we have one in there right now and we all know what that did.

I think he is done no matter what the attackers feel. People simply will not allow a racist liar in the White House.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I don't know if you are distancing yourself from the fact but what Ferraro said that was Obama would not be where he was if he wasn't black. Perhaps let me put it this way for more clarity" "He would not be where he is if he were a white man or a woman of any color". I sure don't wanna criticize you for anything but if you can't understand a simple statement such as this one........I ummm...don't know!! Okay, I will help. It means that he would not be where he is if it wasn't for affirmative action.
It has absolutely nothing to do with affirmative action. It had everything to do with the large number of supporters Obama has essentially taken from the Clintons. Hillary just assumed that she would be the nomination because she assumed that her husband "the first black president" would be a huge help.

The fact is, if he was a white man or female, blacks would not be turning out in large numbers to vote for him.. That is an argument thats not deniable.

Affirmative action has nothing at all to do with running for President. Jessie Jackson has ran numerous times and has gotten no where because of his racial slurs against "white man"

Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Not a Hillary supporter and it is a total shame that Obama followers will not allow a very good legit thread to go on without your attacks. Looks to me that 26 of us already have voted that he should resign and 27 say he shouldnt. So, appears to be more people who think he should then I do.

Hubby does know, he teaches people how to talk to people and to be positive about their job so they can be more productive to his/her employer, thus comes more pay with the more production. They pay him big bucks to give speeches and he more then you and I knows that this man will not look at the camera.
By they way, he is the authority on speeches, why? Google paid him tons of bucks to speak to a group of 500 employees to motivate them and it must have worked he goes back in a few weeks to speak to more then 1500!

So, yes Obama is done and shoulid resign. I am sorry the die hard Obama people cannot stand that people like me have changed our mind because he not only lied to us all, but he was given a golden chance to "denounce" the racist buddy and mentor of his and all he could say was to slam to his own white grandmother.

Either Obama is a racist or he is a very poor judgement of character, both along with his lying to us is enough to see him resign. He dont need liars or racist in the white house, we have one in there right now and we all know what that did.

I think he is done no matter what the attackers feel. People simply will not allow a racist liar in the White House.
No they won't -- but they will allow Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections