Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I found it hilarious that Obama was insulting Trump back in 2011 at the correspondent's dinner, and insulting him via Twitter, only to have Trump come in, take his job, and wipe away his legacy. I bet Obama felt like the biggest idiot after that, and it was awesome.
Obama insulted Trump's hair after 6+ years of Trump saying over and over that Obama was not a citizen and was born in Kenya. Trump called many times for Obama to show his birth certificate (which eventually he did). Trump is a big baby who needs constant adoration and love (narcissist) and couldn't take a snide little remark from Obama.

Trump did not take Obama's job. His term was over. Try to learn the history of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 02:25 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
It was the best night of my life, knowing that the evil lying criminal known as Hillary Clinton won't be president.
You think Hillary was a lying criminal--what about this crazy narcissist we have in the White House who lies every single day. He'll be proven to be a criminal of the worst kind when Robert Mueller is done with him.

Absolutely NOTHING has been proven about Hillary Clinton committing a crime, even after 7 of the Bengazi investigations and millions of $$'s spent. Give it up. You claim Hillary is a criminal because she is so much smarter than you and you can't stand it.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:08 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has been in office for a year now. Can you tell me what amazing things he has done for you.
I'm not a Trump supporter, but the bolded is a large part of the problem with progressives like you. You are looking at what the government can do for you.

Some of us just want to pay less in taxes (not saying that Trump has done anything re this, nor that I like the proposals in the pipeline), and have the government leave us alone to live our lives.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:09 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I actually think that it would not have been as bad. We moved on after Obama became president pretty quick. Yeah, we were pissed but we also weren't in the streets setting things on fire.
Unlike the lefties protesting, rioting, destroying property, we had work to go to the next morning.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:12 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You think Hillary was a lying criminal--what about this crazy narcissist we have in the White House who lies every single day. He'll be proven to be a criminal of the worst kind when Robert Mueller is done with him.

Absolutely NOTHING has been proven about Hillary Clinton committing a crime, even after 7 of the Bengazi investigations and millions of $$'s spent. Give it up. You claim Hillary is a criminal because she is so much smarter than you and you can't stand it.

Um, not a crime? Benghazi, Uranium, Clinton Foundation, Emails. And that's just the beginning.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Obama insulted Trump's hair after 6+ years of Trump saying over and over that Obama was not a citizen and was born in Kenya. Trump called many times for Obama to show his birth certificate (which eventually he did). Trump is a big baby who needs constant adoration and love (narcissist) and couldn't take a snide little remark from Obama.

Trump did not take Obama's job. His term was over. Try to learn the history of the Constitution.

Me try to learn the Constitution? You Libs have been complaining nonstop about the 12th Amendment!!!

Old 11-11-2017, 03:15 PM

691 posts, read 419,927 times
i dont remember one year ago tonight. what i do remember about a year ago is i didnt pay attention to who was going to win, and neither one winning or losing mattered one bit. the problems of this country are bigger than the little "elections game"

there are faults we have that even made it a game in the first place.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:16 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:

It's quite evident that you still can't stand that your queen was denied her throne.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's quite evident that you still can't stand that your queen was denied her throne.
And thank god she was. We don't need someone who is a threat to our National Security to be in charge of our country.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Because I don't watch much MNBC there was a good amount of footage in the second video that I had never seen before, so thanks for posting. A few thoughts:

1. Watching the video reminded me of just what an extraordinary feat Trump accomplished. He was a successful business man living a very comfortable life of privilege. He stepped out of that world and willingly spent the next 18 months in a meat grinder. Surrounded on every front (media, entertainment, Democrat party, Republican party) by people who loathed him and wanted to take him down any way they could. He defied every odd, every expectation, every scandal (some of them manufactured by detractors and some of them self-inflicted), and the campaigns of multiple well funded and politically experienced competitors. For a man of such privilege he worked his a$$ off and took nothing for granted. He had boundless energy, criss crossed the country non-stop, and worked until the last minute to earn every vote he could. No matter what you may think of Trump, nobody can take that away from him.

2. The media missed the biggest story of their careers. The story COULD have been about the first woman president but it wasn't. It COULD have been about the first woman to win the nomination of a major party for the presidency of the United States. It could have been that if she hadn't been so corrupt. If the media hadn't already been in the tank for her. If the DNC hadn't stacked the deck for her so that no other candidate ever had a chance of winning (nobody else was ever going to be the nominee for that party - nobody). The biggest story of their careers was that a politically inexperienced billionaire citizen decided to run for the highest office in the land, beat every odd placed by every expert, and won. And the media missed the entire, extraordinary, unlikely, historic journey.

3. I continue to feel beyond proud of the 63 million people who held their cards close to their chests, who were undeterred by the tidal wave of bad news about Trumps ability to win the election, who were wholly engaged in the process, and who went out and voted their conscience.

4. I have been continually disgusted since the election with so many liberal entities who threw the "when he goes low we go high" BS out the window the moment the election results were in. Hollywood actors making videos imploring congress to find ways to not inaugurate Trump. Singers and comedians making videos that include presidential assassination images. Disaffected Clinton voters smashing businesses, beating Trump supporters, injuring police officers. The dismissive, non-stop name calling of Trump voters - we're stupid, we're uneducated, we're racist, we're haters, we're Deplorables. The media coverage of Trump that is predominantly (by far) negative coverage. The unending toxic drum beat of negativity when the guy is just trying his damndest to follow through on some of the promises he made during the campaign. Yes.......he still has a propensity for self-inflicted wounds, but he's not the devil incarnate that liberals have made him out to be.

The pure, unvarnished, primal hatred for an American citizen who beat the odds, beat the political elite, defied the media, pundits and polling narratives, and turned the political world and entire country on its head, is both amusing and unseemly at the same time.
I agree with all of this - the 2016 Republican Primary and following Election was truly HISTORIC in many ways.

The biggest story that the Leftist Media ignored was that a Non-Politician did what the Leftists have demanded for decades - He Self-Funded. No pacs, no Lobby money, not Corporate or Wall Street money. The group that to this very day - screams about the Supreme Court Citizens United decisions ..... totally ignore the Candidate that did it all on his own. In view of all that ..... Exactly why should we believe these clowns today??
The same clowns that are pushing the Fake RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA and IMPEACH!!!! stories?
They are using the same polling methods that said "he has zero chance" - WHY would we believe them now?

That very "Self Funded" may actually be what has scared the pants off of all the Political Elite in both parties,
and the Leftist Media that makes a fortune off of the Elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections