Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 04:34 PM

1,018 posts, read 510,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The keyword here is "YOU". You could have said "It was a great night for ME". You didn't though.
And, WE, the people who despise Obama, were not happy with the results, but we moved on, realized we would have to deal with it, and there was 2016, why can't you all do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 04:37 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
And, WE, the people who despise Obama, were not happy with the results, but we moved on, realized we would have to deal with it, and there was 2016, why can't you all do the same?
Amen. GOP worked hard, behind the scenes, immediately after 2008, which resulted in the wonderful 2010 election results.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:44 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen. GOP worked hard, behind the scenes, immediately after 2008, which resulted in the wonderful 2010 election results.
The only thing the GOP worked hard at was sexually harassing people, and hurting the middle class and working poor!

Old 11-20-2017, 04:45 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Moved on? All I saw on city-data those years (and I've been on city-data since March 2007) was a bunch of threads complaining about former President Obama. Don't come here telling me to "get over it". I've pretty much said "I'm stuck with Trump, nothing I can do now". I don't even talk to other people about the election for the most part, unless I know they will agree with me. Most of what I have to say, I limit it to city-data. I've brought up reasons why I didn't want Trump to be the President. That said, I'm not the one taking to facebook and Twitter and saying "(hashtag) not my President". You see, I understand I'm stuck with Trump. What I don't get is this borderline worship of Trump.

You brought up why you voted for Trump, and why for you as a White male, you wouldn't vote for Democrats. I still don't see why I should even like Trump. No one has given me a good reason why I should have voted for Trump based on what's in it for me.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The only thing the GOP worked hard at was sexually harassing people, and hurting the middle class and working poor!
Like Al Franken, and Bill Clinton, right?

Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Wrong again. They put forth a tremendous 2 year long grass roots effort and reaped the rewards November, 2010.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Moved on? All I saw on city-data those years (and I've been on city-data since March 2007) was a bunch of threads complaining about former President Obama. Don't come here telling me to "get over it". I've pretty much said "I'm stuck with Trump, nothing I can do now". I don't even talk to other people about the election for the most part, unless I know they will agree with me. Most of what I have to say, I limit it to city-data. I've brought up reasons why I didn't want Trump to be the President. That said, I'm not the one taking to facebook and Twitter and saying "(hashtag) not my President". You see, I understand I'm stuck with Trump. What I don't get is this borderline worship of Trump.

You brought up why you voted for Trump, and why for you as a White male, you wouldn't vote for Democrats. I still don't see why I should even like Trump. No one has given me a good reason why I should have voted for Trump based on what's in it for me.
We may have complained via City data, but we weren't in the streets setting cars on fire, burning buildings, breaking windows, crying about the results, quite a difference. No one has given me a reason to vote for the dems.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:56 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
We may have complained via City data, but we weren't in the streets setting cars on fire, burning buildings, breaking windows, crying about the results, quite a difference. No one has given me a reason to vote for the dems.
After the 2008 election, there were certainly alot of incidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKkzQgwAbM

Cross burned on lawn of Obama supporters in Hardwick | NJ.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjPHAg0T64

https://newsone.com/36552/racist-ter...obama-victory/

Old 11-20-2017, 05:00 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Boss1234 likes to ignore such things.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Boss1234 likes to ignore such things.
Ignore what? The fact that you *******s think that Bill Clinton and Al Franken committing such acts is acceptable, but not Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections