Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

This just in Obama makes racist remark against his mom and half of himself.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

474 posts, read 601,176 times
Expat2007: Here I go again. My nephew returned a few months ago from Iraq. He served there fifteen motns. The people he met were very grateful to be rescued from the barbarians that ruled their country.
If you think our democracy is lousy, then please send all American dollars back to us. Cancel your passport, stay over there, and if war breaks out in your country, please don't seek asylum here. We have more than our share of people from foreign countries coming here under the guise of asylum and then run straight to the nearest welfare office for all of our benefits. At least two of the terrorists were on welfare, they said, they needed the money while they used their daylight hours to plan our demise. Wake up. Open Borders invite all kinds of intruders without benefit of criminal background search, health search etc. It is my understanding that Europe is suffering the from the same invasions. Don't call us when it becomes problematic for you. Defend your own country. Pay your own bills. Keep your troublemakers there!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 AM

jnestor: You mean like Clarence Thomas and the stoning he got during his confirmation hearings? I am weary of all these accusations of racism if we "white folk" say anything about Obama, Oprah, O.J. et cetera. There is no slavery today. Today is what we are dealing with. What if every Italo-American Christian wanted "justice" from the early Romans who fed them to the lions? Come on, let the past be the past. If we concentrate on being Americans, the past will be the past. Let us move on to new fronteirs led by people who appreciate the American Experience.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
It's amazing....
We ALL have someone close to us that is racist (whether you know it or not). Don't just jump on him because the media is telling you to.
He made that speech because it was comming, folks. I mean seriously, this is the closest a black man has come to becoming president... don't tell me none of us saw this comming... As long as this country exists, race will be a huge issue.

And that's NOT a racist, Anti-American statement.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM

JJG: I would have been in front of the parade to elect Colin Powell or Denzel for that matter! Why should we consider the first one regardless of his qualifications to be President? Obviously, Obama has serious issues. His inexperience to handle the Pastor thing is showing. How will he abe to handle Chavez, Putin, and other dictators? He was a practicing lawyer while he was a legislator and I am sure he learned to speak from any angle...and should have been able to repudiate the pastor with grace.
He is too impetuous, thin skinned, defensive and INEXPERIENCED. Yes, it is coming, I will wait for the next one, please.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Double standards do exist and this is a prime example. He can have racist pig friends and mentors but I would be willing to bet if Clintons pastor said these exact same lies about blacks she would have be gone within hours.
He should not be able to continue his lies and get away with it. He had me so fooled I feel terrible about even voting for this man in our election. He fooled me once, but he wont fool me again because I know what he is about and he has the same hate in his heart that his moronic racist pastor does.
It is a shame that Obama supporters went after Mitt Romney because he was a mormon and dirtied him up for it, but now you have this racist man who has hidden his real beliefs and people think it is ok.
20 years he has belong to this church, so this man really believes in what this pastor says. It's a shame that we all fell for this liar.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
JJG: I would have been in front of the parade to elect Colin Powell or Denzel for that matter! Why should we consider the first one regardless of his qualifications to be President? Obviously, Obama has serious issues. His inexperience to handle the Pastor thing is showing. How will he abe to handle Chavez, Putin, and other dictators? He was a practicing lawyer while he was a legislator and I am sure he learned to speak from any angle...and should have been able to repudiate the pastor with grace.
He is too impetuous, thin skinned, defensive and INEXPERIENCED. Yes, it is coming, I will wait for the next one, please.
I think he's handled a lot of obstacles extremely well so far. If we were to judge all politicians this closely no one would be given a chance.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I think he's handled a lot of obstacles extremely well so far. If we were to judge all politicians this closely no one would be given a chance.
What are you talking about??? Hillary has been castigated for not leaving Bill when he cheated but that's ok because it's Hillary, right? Obama is just starting to feel the heat both Hillary and McCain (as well as Romney, et. al.) have been feeling all along. This defense doesn't stand. Politicians should be held to a higher stand. They represent us and unfortunately, many do a poor job of representing the very people who elect them. Obama is not above the scrunity others have had to endure.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
What are you talking about??? Hillary has been castigated for not leaving Bill when he cheated but that's ok because it's Hillary, right? Obama is just starting to feel the heat both Hillary and McCain (as well as Romney, et. al.) have been feeling all along. This defense doesn't stand. Politicians should be held to a higher stand. They represent us and unfortunately, many do a poor job of representing the very people who elect them. Obama is not above the scrunity others have had to endure.
Yes but I was speaking more to the point that the poster was overlooking how he's handled well some of the other things that have been thrown at him. He's handled it better than Hillary I'd say. I'm not saying he's above scrutiny, but I do feel it is a bit ridiculous to make judgments on how well he'll be able to handle Chavez and Putin based on how he's handled this situation.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
And to the moron expat, I know that gangbangers are taking over in lots of areas around here. I also know it was a 17 year old gang banger who shot and killed the white student body president at UNC and a graduate student of Indian decent at Duke a week later. I choose to live in an area where hopefully I won't come in contact with them.
And an Asian student shot and killed 32 college students -- mostly White; what's your point really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections