Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
You're mistaken. Obama's official website is run by his campaign. They, and they alone, determine the website's content and links. THEY placed the ad there.....
Please. Have you been there? I have a "dashboard" entry just like they do, only my face is there instead of their logo. It doesn't cost anything, just an email address. They could remove it, and you can report it if you like, but they have chosen not to. There are literally thousands and thousands of individual and group pages just like theirs and mine.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM

640 posts, read 461,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Please. Have you been there? I have a "dashboard" entry just like they do, only my face is there instead of their logo. It doesn't cost anything, just an email address. They could remove it, and you can report it if you like, but they have chosen not to. There are literally thousands and thousands of individual and group pages just like theirs and mine.
Yes, I've been there. My point - it's OBAMA's official website. They can control WHO and WHAT is posted there! If they wanted it removed, they would remove. They haven't. By not removing it, they are fulling accepting it....

Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Yes, I've been there. My point - it's OBAMA's official website. They can control WHO and WHAT is posted there! If they wanted it removed, they would remove. They haven't. By not removing it, they are fulling accepting it....
Oh. Because your point earlier was that it was a paid advertisement that the campaign put up. They actually do not control who and what is posted, but yes, they can remove posts and groups if they like.

The Obama campaign believes in free speech and is not policing the groups on its site for opinions they do not agree with.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 PM

5 posts, read 7,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
So if my mother happens to be associated with Black Panthers I'm supposed to reject and denounce her. Sorry, I don't think so!

When you give a speech saying you want to improve race relations, and you do nothing to denounce a racially motivated group, you look like a hypocrite!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM

558 posts, read 385,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Dear Lord in Heaven....Obama supporters (don't want to offend by saying you people) overlook every thing that is pointing directly at what the man is - a divider of people. You all claim to be so much more highly intelligent and open minded but all you are doing is showing your blind faith in a politician when it's obvious he has sold you all a pack of lies. Sad thing is you still believe. What is happening to this country?
Oh Dear Lord in Heaven....Please help make these Clinton supporters realize that the Clintons really don't care about us...all they care about is their political power and dynasty and will destroy whoever or whatever (DNC) gets in their way.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
How interesting.
If Hillary Clinton was associated with a hate group, I think there would be a big arguement about this. Why not for Obama?

I'm a undecided voter
She is associated with a hate group! Two of the top members are Bill and Geraldine Ferraro!

And she's married to a husband who is a liar and cheater! That's way (lying) his was impeached! And then everyone talks about guilt by association with Obama. Then she is guilty too but staying married to him!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM

5 posts, read 7,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
Oh Dear Lord in Heaven....Please help make these Clinton supporters realize that the Clintons really don't care about us...all they care about is their political power and dynasty and will destroy whoever or whatever (DNC) gets in their way.
But some of us aren't Clinton, Obama, Bush, or McCain supporters. Oh Dear Lord in Heaven, please don't let Obama be the anti-christ!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:34 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,606 times
Obama's speech today in Charlotte was not to a filled to capacity Grady Cole Center. Obama gave the abreviated version of his campaign stump speech. He drew the usual hoots and hollars from a raucious crowd from "DA HOOD" that was present. Then he took questions for a few minutes. The questions about Wright appeared to stun him. He said he would not turn against his friend even though he disagreed with him. He tried to spin one question about the influence of a pastor into something rambling about Jerry Falwell and Jim Bakker. He left so fast that Charlotte Black Caucus members who were to meet him were left watching the Secret Service file past them and out of the doors.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:35 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,370,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuckraw View Post
I understand that anyone can endorse, but to keep it posted on his official website. He wants to improve race relations, then take the endorsement off the site. Its makes it look like he is running a campaign of hypocracy.
Can you provide a link to the list of endorsements on his official website that you are referring to? Did you actually see them yourself?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuckraw View Post
But some of us aren't Clinton, Obama, Bush, or McCain supporters. Oh Dear Lord in Heaven, please don't let Obama be the anti-christ!
Nice.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections