Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:45 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I meant other than Gabbard. Im just trying to pick your brain.
As of right now there is no one I'm enthused with. I'll watch and listen to what Sherrod Brown has to say but I've not seen him discussing the wars much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Right now, the Democrat party is going far left that moderates are leaving. I don't think the party would split because former Democrats are going independent or Republican.
With the Trump elitist aftermath, I don't think there are too many Democrats attempting to lean towards the right anymore. Even the centrist are leaning left just to establish a more American equilibrium.

It's Bernie time!

If Bernie is not given Democratic priority after what the DNC did to him in his last campaign, then he could quite easily take many Democrats to the Green Party. The Green Party has been trying to woo him for a fews years now anyways....

I believe that the only reason Bernie has not gone Green can be attributed to the fact that Americans are so tied to the two-party system as to make a legit run for the presidency an unrealistic objective.

Last edited by zeliner; 12-22-2017 at 05:35 AM..

Old 12-22-2017, 08:07 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
The two parties will be here forever. Their iterations may change over time, perhaps even their names, but I think it'll be a two-party system for a looooong time.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:12 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Lot's of coverage locally concerning Brown's arguments for CHIP. I find it sad how many on the right will condemn abortion (I am also pro-life but I realize we are not going to ban abortions) but don't get more upset at the Republican's dragging their feet getting health care coverage for kids extended.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:23 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I know it came the closest in 1860, with basically two Democrats running against Lincoln (and some other guy whose name I cannot recall). The two Dems (one of them Douglas) split the vote and allowed Lincoln to win and give the Republicans a third party victory. That was the last third party victory in the US Presidential election that we've ever had by the way.

Other times I think it might have been close was around the turn of the 20th century when there a standoff between the Cleavland Democrat and the pro-Progressive Democrats. And, I think after that, there was a standoff between the JFK Democrats and the New Left LBJ Democrats.

I think that the 2016 election, with the fierce standoff between the, possibly dying New Left, and the New New Left of Bernie Sanders opens the door once more for the party possibly splitting in two.
And if the extreme leftists keep acting like they've been acting, versus the few that actually do lean towards the center, then I think you could see a potential split of the Dems in 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections