Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

Excellent piece from the former assistant director of the NAACP.
Obama blew it - Los Angeles Times

--"Well, I am black, and I can't relate to a "black experience" that shields and explains old-style black ministers who rant and rave about supposed racial differences and about how America ought to be damned. I long ago broke away from all associations and churches that preached the gospel of hate and ethnic divisiveness -- including canceling my membership in 100 Black Men of America Inc., when they refused my motion to admit women and whites. They still don't. I was not going to stay in any group that assigned status or privileges of membership based solely on race or gender." --

Thank you, Mr. Meyers. You answered my questions and we view the speech in the same light. And imagine that, Rev. Wright -- A black man and a white woman with the same POV. Impossible in your twisted and hateful world.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I was listening to NPR's Here And Now segment with. One of her guests was a woman who wrote a book about her experiences when she spent a year exploring the different Judeo-Christian churches in her area. And it was a very positive experience for her. It also makes me even less understanding of why Obama would be a member of that awful church for 20 years AND subject his young daughters to that experience.

The whole radio show will be available to listen to online later on this afternoon.
WBUR: Here and Now with Robin Young

Quote:
21 PEWS: We talk with Ruth Laker, a licensed psychologist from Kimberton, Pennsylvania, who visited 26 different churches and synagogues in 12 months with a checklist, trying to find spiritual fulfillment, clean bathrooms and good parking. She wrote about what she found in her self-published book: "How to Choose a Church or Synagogue, a Twenty One Pew Adventure (http://bookwire.com/bookwire/bowkerrecommends/july2006/how.htm - broken link)."

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
It's a good thing that Obama has already repeatedly repudiated Wright's divisive comments, then.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Thanks for participating. This type of discussion is already being handled in many other threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections