Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you favor?
Roy Moore 33 28.45%
Doug Jones 83 71.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
trash, do you really think this is just one sided? of course there was a reason he was exposed so late. Does this make what he did right if he did what he accused of? Certainly not, but there was a method to this madness, of course the attempt was to make certain there would no way to get a better candidate on the ballot.

Gee, we didn't see you complaining when HILLARY was accused at the 11th hour of her election ! Where were you then ?

Old 12-13-2017, 06:16 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bull crap.

The tax plan is NOT unpopular amongst most Americans.

Get a clue!
So, cite me a credible poll showing its massive popularity? No, Breitbart does not qualify.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That can't be much comfort to the GOP leadership. They are literally a dying class of voters. A party that is losing the young and minorities as well as the educated is not going to do well in the coming years.
This x 1,000,000.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think you can say, many came out big for Moore, not even Trump. If you listened to his speech or what he said afterwards, you would see his concern was more with holding onto the seat not supporting Moore because he believed in Moore. Remember he didn't support Moore in the primary. I doubt any single Republican was really excited with Moore as the candidate, certainly not in the past few weeks.

BTW. Thrump's appearance in Fl was more a rally for himself and what has been accomplished in his first year than a real push for Moore. Did you even watch the rally by any chance? I doubt it.
Trump pushed hard for Moore in the waning weeks leading up to election day. He WANTED desperately for him to win. This is a rebuke of Trump and Moore. Both are sleazeballs and even the reddest of the red states are starting to come around to reality.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:21 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
A lot of us voted for Jones or just stayed home. I'm not voting for someone who has been removed from his job twice and is a constant embarrassment to my state.

Oh yeah, and I'm gay, so Roy Moore thinks I should be in jail. That pretty much done it for me.
Wanna hear something sad?

I know at least one gay person who was hoping Moore would win, in spite of loathing him. Just didn't want the Republicans to lose a Senate seat.

Every time we talk politics, I stare at this person in astonishment, wondering how on earth anyone could hate themselves so much.

Thanks to you, and all other Alabamans who did the right thing.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bannon is blaming the GOP for Moore's loss but he didn't name Trump, but Trump did some pretty large waffling on this election. This was around a 40% swing from the last election, credit the decent people from Alabama that came through.
Bannon + Trump + Moore are all losers this morning. And for that, we have much to be thankful for!

Old 12-13-2017, 06:24 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I don't know who he will blame, but he certainly won't take any responsibility because Trump is a coward and a small, petty little man-child.

Sadly, Trump voters also won't blame him, nor will they see the connection between how electing a sexual predator in Trump gave the Republicans the green-light to run other sexual predators, like Moore. Honestly, what the Republican party said by backing Moore is "Republican voters are so dang stupid we can run a kiddie-diddlerly, and they'll still vote for us - losers!" But I don't expect Republican voters to figure that out, sadly.
Moore's accusers did not come forward until after he won the primary. It would be nice if people researched before they posted.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:25 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
The Black vote is a sleeping giant in the south. This election is a wakeup call for the GOP to stop running candidates who will rally black voters by commenting on slavery. Bringing in Bannon who is aligned with the alt-right was a shot in foot also.

The Republicans as of late are fast becoming the GAG (Guns Abortion Gays) party instead of the GOP. Those issues take up all your available messaging time with the voters and the Dems can get out ahead with messages on more practical issues.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:26 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Wanna hear something sad?

I know at least one gay person who was hoping Moore would win, in spite of loathing him. Just didn't want the Republicans to lose a Senate seat.

Every time we talk politics, I stare at this person in astonishment, wondering how on earth anyone could hate themselves so much.

Thanks to you, and all other Alabamans who did the right thing.
Speaking as a gay person, I have met plenty of self hate gay people. Nothing new.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:27 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Trump pushed hard for Moore in the waning weeks leading up to election day. He WANTED desperately for him to win. This is a rebuke of Trump and Moore. Both are sleazeballs and even the reddest of the red states are starting to come around to reality.
What bothered many of us was the fact that Trump was not for Moore to begin with. In the primary he supported Luther Strange. In a radio talk show out of Birmingham Trump called Roy Moore Ray Moore. He was obviously only for Moore because he was the only Republican option. It had nothing to do with Moore himself and what kind of man he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections