Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:56 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,047,583 times

Advertisements

Reliving the panic of Election Night 2016

"At Clinton's victory party, Rahim remembered people were "sobbing and literally couldn’t move because they were so distraught."

"People were throwing up. People were on the floor crying," Traister recollected.

On a train from Brooklyn, BuzzFeed News editor Shani O. Hilton observed "at least three people sitting by themselves, just weeping silently."

Separated from this hysteria by nearly one year, the relevant question seems to be whether these actors, and the many others who experienced election night with similar shock, have put themselves in a better position to understand what happens outside of Brooklyn, or to better understand, at least, why their certitude was so misplaced. Unfortunately, I think the sad truth is that most have not.?"

Lol

Good for a laugh

Old 12-24-2017, 08:03 AM

44,942 posts, read 59,942,524 times
Some have, many have not and, in fact, have doubled down on the pillorying and insulting of their fellow citizens.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Some have, many have not and, in fact, have doubled down on the pillorying and insulting of their fellow citizens.
Oh come on... lol

It was the never before seen level of emotional drama that was so funny.

Reminded me of a Sicilian funeral with all of the melodrama.

Have a sense of humor.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Oh come on... lol

It was the never before seen level of emotional drama that was so funny.

Reminded me of a Sicilian funeral with all of the melodrama.

Have a sense of humor.
I do have a sense of humor. I thought you were asking a serious question, not attempting to make some sort of obscure point about something or other.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I do have a sense of humor. I thought you were asking a serious question, not attempting to make some sort of obscure point about something or other.
Yeah, you sound like it...

Good grief

Old 12-24-2017, 08:31 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,870,470 times
The first words out of Dems that night was "Impeach".

Old 12-24-2017, 08:41 AM

@ North Beach Person...

I actually do want to apologize to you if the election affected you that much.

It is just difficult for me to fathom people getting that surprised / upset by a political election.

I guess if poking fun at something actually causes someone actual damaging emotional pain, then it is wrong.

I think what has made so many on the right revel in rubbing peoples noses in what happened last year is the smugness of those we saw on TV (liberal reporters) leading up to the election.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Yeah, you sound like it...

Good grief
Please explain the point you're trying to make.

The essential question in your original post was if those who were emotionally devastated by Clinton's loss have recovered.

I postulated that some have while many have not.

Since you're making unfounded assumptions about me and are the edge of being insulting I have to assume you're in the "have not" category.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Please explain the point you're trying to make.

The essential question in your original post was if those who were emotionally devastated by Clinton's loss have recovered.

I postulated that some have while many have not.

Since you're making unfounded assumptions about me and are the edge of being insulting I have to assume you're in the "have not" category.
Point taken and apologies.

You are just so dead pan though.

Hard to read.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:45 AM

25,625 posts, read 21,800,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The first words out of Dems that night was "Impeach".
I am sure that was the next "to do" on the Democratic list. Had those "hit so hard" by Hillary's loss been a little more educated (plus had an ounce of commonsense), they would have realized that that polling was not reliable and that Hillary was the worst candidate for POTUS in the history of our country and not have found themselves sobbing/vomiting or whining endlessly over the election over a year later.

I remember elections back to 1972 when I first voted and.......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections