Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 05:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'd be happy to support a Democrat. They just have to get off that open borders, open bathrooms, antifa supporting agenda they have embraced for the last 8 years.
Well that was the question... would Democrats move center or further left. It's obvious they've moved further left. I live in an area where the people were long time Democrats. They now say the way they're acting they won't be voting Democrat any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 05:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
They need to have a freaking message before I will decide to attack, Giving them a chance to get their head out of their azz and actually find some sort of message.

Here is ant: every single democrat will always push an "anti American" just to think globalisn id cool
NOPE you are not here to discuss you are here to attack and muddy waters. If you were here to discuss you would be discussing yet you are not.

instead this thread is just a string of Right wingers attacking the democratic party and those that support it.

If i posted the best party message in 50 years you and the rest of the pack would criticize it and demonize those who created it and those who say they agreed with it.

there is zero point trying to discuss such things here. that is done elsewhere.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:38 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
The only thing the Dems will have to do to get landslide victories in 2018 and beyond is run on a platform of 'we will restore net neutrality'.

That's literally how big and massive a mistake that was for the GOP.
When I read the post before yours, net neutrality jumped out at me. You definitely have a point here.

I tried to think of other things the Republicans have done that have made me (as a conservative, but not necessarily a Republican) cringe. The tax plan is bad for many of us here in NJ, but I think overall it's going to be either a good thing, or neutral, for most Americans. A lot of people here on CD seemed to be pretty upset about removing the 'monument' designation for Bear's Ears, but that's not really something to base a platform around. I guess maybe a winning platform would be NOT emphasizing issues like DACA and anything to do with race. Maybe Democrats don't need to push a platform so much as they need to lay off things. For what it's worth, I think Republicans need to lay off the abortion issue and stop fighting LGBT marriage (for those states that still haven't gotten with the times).

Old 01-06-2018, 05:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Power and Greed is at the root of all this corruption
Now you got it! Yet Democrats are support handing more power over the people to government. As if you think Democrat politicians are honest and not greedy.

Did you ever think about that?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
The Democrats plank is impeachment. It's not going to happen which is going to make enthusiasm on the left lacking. The (R)'s will then win where they should not.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"We will attempt to implement most of the policies that we promise - as opposed to spouting thousands of lies and having a success rate quite near zero.

If we look at the ObamaMeter, we see kept promises...and many that couldn't be kept were due to the GOP, which frankly could care less about most citizens of this country.

Let's check out the trump policies against the pledges and see how they are going. !00's of campaign promises were made. Better and cheaper health care for ALL. End of foreign Wars, Infrastructure (immediately). Hire only the best - no insiders, wall streeters. Mexico builds the wall (pays).
Trump plays hardball with Chinese money and trade (ha ha)......

I doubt Trump will make anywhere near the success rate.
Check this out--Obama's successes during his first 2 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaRCq9eXKw

Old 01-06-2018, 06:41 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Be you poor
Or be you rich
The middle class
Will be yo' B****

Old 01-06-2018, 06:43 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
A giant empty bag

Old 01-06-2018, 06:59 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
No matter what the democrats come up with, the only thing that their opponents will have to do is show a video of that illegal alien murderer walking free from that San Francisco courtroom.
Or perhaps an illustration of grown man peeing next to a little girl in the ladies restroom.
Or perhaps a pie chart showing how much taxpayer money obama gave to terrorist nations.
Or perhaps a parade of democrats and liberals who have committed sexual harassment against vulnerable women.
Or perhaps you get the idea.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:09 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Repeal the tax cuts?
Reinstate DACA?
Lower the stock market?
Make America Cold Again?
Lol sounds like a real winner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections