Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary or Oprah?
I'm liberal and/or independent and I'd go with Hillary 10 12.05%
I'm liberal and/or independent and I'd go with Oprah 20 24.10%
I'm conservative and I'd go with Hillary 1 1.20%
I'm conservative and I'd go with Oprah 10 12.05%
I don't want to live on this Earth anymore 42 50.60%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:27 PM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No but as Democratic as I already am, Trump has cemented that like no other. I will never even consider for a fleeting second voting for a Republican for any office at any time after Trump. The GOP supporting what Trump is doing has shown that our tribal politics means Trump could do absolutely anything and they will cheer it on. Very dangerous, so no Republicans will ever be considered in the future.
The establishment Republicans, which are the vast majority of Republicans, have fought Trump as much, or more than the Democrats. His own party wouldn't pass an Obamacare replacement, and he barely got Tax Reform passed. Republicans have come out against Trump since the primaries.

They don't like him because he is threatening their business as usual, status quo power base. They are threatened by the drain the swamp, and stop big government mantra. They hate Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 12:27 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,605,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Needs a "I dont want either of them on this earth anymore"
Oprah is supposed to leave the planet now? What did Oprah do? I thought the GOP loved rich people wildly.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:31 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,437,111 times
Quote:
Oprah is supposed to leave the planet now? What did Oprah do? I thought the GOP loved rich people wildly.
Pelosi is rich.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

14 posts, read 11,564 times
Oprah is just as trashy as Hillary. Both are centrist media shilling corporatist scumbags making money off identity politics. Those of us on the REAL left dont want either to represent us.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
First of all, we are not all associated with the hypocritical GOP. Many rich people, maybe most, are far left progressives. Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Hollywood moguls, and rich actors are all Dems. Also corporate leadership, CEO's etc are mostly Dems as well.

You are living in the distant past.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The establishment Republicans, which are the vast majority of Republicans, have fought Trump as much, or more than the Democrats. His own party wouldn't pass an Obamacare replacement, and he barely got Tax Reform passed. Republicans have come out against Trump since the primaries.

They don't like him because he is threatening their business as usual, status quo power base. They are threatened by the drain the swamp, and stop big government mantra. They hate Trump.
Clearly missed Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell's glowing worshipful comments after Trump signed the GOP tax bill. Clearly missed the pseudo prayer they did as if Trump was God. Those are establishment Republicans doing that. I think they complain sometimes just to give them cover to Trump's more embarrassing actions but overall, they practically worship anything Trump does and have happily said "Trump will sign any bill we put in front of him".

Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Paul, and Mitch HATE Trump. Look beneath the surface, and what they do, not what they say.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
First of all, we are not all associated with the hypocritical GOP. Many rich people, maybe most, are far left progressives. Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Hollywood moguls, and rich actors are all Dems. Also corporate leadership, CEO's etc are mostly Dems as well.

You are living in the distant past.
The GOP just elected Trump on the basis that he was a successful businessman in spite of the bankruptcies.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,437,111 times
Quote:
The GOP just elected Trump on the basis that he was a successful businessman in spite of the bankruptcies.
He is successful as a businessman.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:43 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,497,531 times
I would vote for Daffy Duck over them two anyday
Those two clowns are racist and narcissistic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections