Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 PM

1,018 posts, read 508,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This argument doesn't really work since the name ID polls all came out in summer of 2015, and voting for southern states was 9 months away and Sanders won 2 of the 4 major contest before super Tuesday.

. I'm telling you this as a black southern Democrat who was on the ground going to meeting at the time and hearing people lobby for their candidate. He wasn't liked.

And it needs to be noted that

Personal like =/= would vote for.

Bernie has a 73%" I'd like to have a beer with him " rating is not the same as " I'd vote for him over Hillary or anyone ".

I don't view him as a person negatively, so I'm in that 73%, but he would be the last Democrat I would support in a primary.
He also doesn't have the black, older white, and hispanic votes in large numbers, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 02:47 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Bernie Sanders was never the standard bearer of the Democratic party nor is he now, so how can he still be ????
Bernie would have won. It's pretty sad how many (D)'s are OK with him being cheated out of the chance and would probably be fighting him even harder now than Trump.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:33 PM

29,459 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bernie would have won. It's pretty sad how many (D)'s are OK with him being cheated out of the chance and would probably be fighting him even harder now than Trump.
I know you honestly believe that, but it doesn't make it true.

Bernie would have lost in a head to head race to just about anyone who was actually a Democrat.

And again, he didn't get cheated . You and other non Democrats having no clue how vote builder and delegate allocation works does not mean you got cheated. It simply means you didn't know the rules.

No different than a soccer player picking the ball up with his hands ,running down the field and throwing it in the net thinking he scored while everyone laughs at home.

Bernie got a bunch of grass roots activist to run his campaign who thought running the score up in a couple of states could get him a win like It can in the Republican party, but the D's have proportional delegates instead of winner take all.

I'm still meeting Bernie supporters in 2018 who don't even realize what delegates or precinct captains are

Old 01-24-2018, 09:27 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,934,521 times
Quote:
Thats because its better for Wall Street democrats that Trump won than Bernie winning. If Bernie had won, they would be out of a job. With Trump winning, they still keep their power and privileges. Thats why corporate democrats are so vehemently against pro-worker Democratic candidates. More so than opposition to Republicans. After all, Republicans and Wall Street democrats have mostly the same donors.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats because its better for Wall Street democrats that Trump won than Bernie winning. If Bernie had won, they would be out of a job. With Trump winning, they still keep their power and privileges. Thats why corporate democrats are so vehemently against pro-worker Democratic candidates. More so than opposition to Republicans. After all, Republicans and Wall Street democrats have mostly the same donors.
So then why does Bernie Sanders not have a legitimate democratic challenger in Vermont ???????? Why did Obama back Warren in Massachusetts ?

Mean while Justice Democrats and other leftist groups are backrolling candidates to primary other Democrats .

You live in a fantasy world if you are claiming the corporate Dems are attacking the pro worker ones instead of vice versa.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:46 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,934,521 times
Quote:
So then why does Bernie Sanders not have a legitimate democratic challenger in Vermont ???????? Why did Obama back Warren in Massachusetts ?

Mean while Justice Democrats and other leftist groups are backrolling candidates to primary other Democrats .

You live in a fantasy world if you are claiming the corporate Dems are attacking the pro worker ones instead of vice versa.
An anti-worker Wall Street puppet running as a Democrat doesnt stand a chance against Sanders in Vermont. He's an institution in Vermont. Wall Street is not stupid. They dont throw money out of the window. Seriously, do you think Wall Street democrats would have the same power in the party today if Sanders had won? Sanders winning would have been a nightmare for them. Trump winning is OK.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
I know you honestly believe that, but it doesn't make it true.

Bernie would have lost in a head to head race to just about anyone who was actually a Democrat.

And again, he didn't get cheated . You and other non Democrats having no clue how vote builder and delegate allocation works does not mean you got cheated. It simply means you didn't know the rules.
He was cheated. Did he get the debate answers beforehand like Hillary did?

Quote:
No different than a soccer player picking the ball up with his hands ,running down the field and throwing it in the net thinking he scored while everyone laughs at home.

Bernie got a bunch of grass roots activist to run his campaign who thought running the score up in a couple of states could get him a win like It can in the Republican party, but the D's have proportional delegates instead of winner take all.

I'm still meeting Bernie supporters in 2018 who don't even realize what delegates or precinct captains are
And really don't care. They only care about ending the stupid wars.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:32 AM

Quote:

It's not about Bernie. No one denies that pro-worker (D)'s are going to go after the corporatists. I've been noting that for a long time.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
He was cheated. Did he get the debate answers beforehand like Hillary did?

And really don't care. They only care about ending the stupid wars.
I think you mean debate question, and how exactly is that true seeing as it was a women from Flint asking a question about flint at a debate held in flint .

Old 01-25-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
It's not about Bernie. No one denies that pro-worker (D)'s are going to go after the corporatists. I've been noting that for a long time.
His argument was that it was the corporate D's attacking Bernie when in reality, it's the other way around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections