Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 10:04 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The 2018 Democratic Wave Is About More Than Congress
Absurd statement.
2018 is about Congress, nothing more. Personally, I hope every Democrat is replaced by a Republican so no matter what happens it is going to disappoint me a little.

MAGA while there is still hope. You may have noticed that Dems are now opposed to everything they promoted under Obama. If they regain power there will be no hope.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you're saying all those Democrats who are challenging previously uncontested Republican seats are a myth? They don't really exist?
I live in a Texas and I am seeing TV commercials that feature unknown new progressive candidates in US rep races. There is a highly intelligent, talented Dem campaigner named Beto O’Rourke who looking to unseat the despicable Ted Cruz from the US Senate.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:48 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I live in a Texas and I am seeing TV commercials that feature unknown new progressive candidates in US rep races. There is a highly intelligent, talented Dem campaigner named Beto O’Rourke who looking to unseat the despicable Ted Cruz from the US Senate.

I know off topic, but
how's Houston doing??? since the storms???hope all is ok

Old 01-31-2018, 01:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Dream on.
Right. One can point to Oklahoma where in 2016 more than usual incumbent Republican legislators got challengers, but most of them won reelection. If Trump's popularity rating in Oklahoma remains above 50% in 2018, then Republican incumbents in Oklahoma shouldn't have much to worry about in November.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:17 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Your own link says the biggest problem for the Republicans is Trump. And if Trump is still in the White House by November, the intense disapproval the majority of the country has for him will be a deciding factor. That, and the women's movement has really become a force to be reckoned with. Women are more than 50 percent of the population. Deny that at your peril.
Um... The Democrats just did EXACTLY that by trotting out a #PrivilegedWhiteMale as their official spokesperson last night.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Democrat wave?

Joe Kennedy III, the Congressional Black Caucus, and that idiot walking out while the crowd chanted USA has ended any hopes the Democrats are going anywhere but down.

They are the Anti-American party now.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 PM

15,963 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm not concerned at all. Pelosi and Schumer are gifts to the GOP that "keep on giving". Also, I do not believe that local elections have anything to do with Trump as POTUS. The focus right now is illegal immigration and just whether that is more important to Americans than what the issues were during the presidential campaign: economy, healthcare, jobs and security/terrorism. I don't see illegal aliens rising to the top there.
Yet women of color, and from ethnic minorities, young and talented, are coming out in droves to vote and stand for election all across America. AND they are winning. The old GOP scare tactics of terrorism and illegal immigration is losing yugely. Thank you, Trump.
The hatered of President Obama gave us Trump. America is now back on track after seeing his unholy mess for a year.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:14 PM

15,963 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... The Democrats just did EXACTLY that by trotting out a #PrivilegedWhiteMale as their official spokesperson last night.
Men, and women, who understand what white privilage is and means for the country, are going to win the White House back.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Your own link says the biggest problem for the Republicans is Trump. And if Trump is still in the White House by November, the intense disapproval the majority of the country has for him will be a deciding factor. That, and the women's movement has really become a force to be reckoned with. Women are more than 50 percent of the population. Deny that at your peril.

But I welcome your confident optimism. I hope your fellow Republicans feel equally complacent.
liberals should admit their peril....if they continue the spin of:

so again...rape is bad...unless you are bill Clinton

women should be marching against hitlery and the fascist liberal ilk

Candidate Hillary..."I'm for women".........................the real hillary........." the rapist was lured by the 15 yr old".... "all these tramps seduced my husband"

candidate Hillary..."I'm for minorities and blacks".......the real Clintons......"Obama, he's a n-word"

the fascist liberals are chock full of nuts and they will rape and pillage anything in their way

so answer this... is the #metoo hashtag a distraction to be dismissed as Hillary does, ..... or is it a sincere movement to protect women from POS like bill Clinton and trump???? do liberals truly support women, or do they just dismiss them, and abuse them

Old 02-01-2018, 12:13 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,547 times
Default The Democratic wave.. It's waving good bye.

As with a lot of other posters, I just don't see the angry left picking up a lot of seats. While the democrats played to the fringe the republicans stole the middle. Democrats once represented the working class. It seems now that the democrats play to and promote a dependent class. The message of hope and feeling that if I work hard I will be rewarded, rather than sit and rot waiting on a hand out. That is a powerful message.

You are not good enough to compete in this unfair world. Let us take care of you.... This is insidious and evil. Taking away any vestige of hope by creating a victim of society. Tough to make ground with that message in an up economy. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections