U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
 
1,423 posts, read 2,938,866 times
Reputation: 329

Advertisements

There is enough evidence in my opinion to cast a shadow of doubt in regards to Mr. Obama's true feelings about America and the general population. I don't think he thinks very much about us considering the company he keeps plus the deragatory statements he and his wife have made. Like Oprah said, "If you hear a pebble drop then it probably is a pebble," meaning that if you suspect something is wrong then it probably is and you need to get out or trust your instincts and then run.

Close personal relationship for 20 years with radical pastor and church, other close relationships with individuals that meant to do harm to America. Racial and unpatriotic statements and actions made by Mr. and Mrs. Barack, such as, "typical white person", and "first time I have ever been proud of America", Obama refusing to wear the American flag pin or pledge allegance to the flag. These things are more like a boulder than a pebble but he is manipulative enough to put a spin on everything and we just continue to follow along like sheep being led to slaughter. I have had friends in the past that held radical views and some of them meant harm to America but when I found this out I disassociated myself from these people and reported them because my loyalty is to my country first. I have gone to church's that spouted things that they should not be spouting and I got up and walked out never to return.

Do we want someone in the highest office that may have negative feelings about America and Americans in general? Yes, none of us really know what is in this man's heart but he has dropped a few bombshells lately that may hint at what it might very well be. Do we want to gamble and take a risk or move ahead with caution. I'd rather be cautious because the damage could be sizable to our nation if Obama in not who he says he is. In one article I read about Michele she made a comment in reference to all the awesome power she would have in the White House... I just hope she uses all that power to do good. Yes, all this may not mean a threat to America but there is certainly enough to suggest that the Obama's may not be completely honest with their true feelings and motives and may have an entirely different agenda than most Americans and this agenda may be harmful to America. I am not trying to be an alarmist but I think there has been enough seeds of doubt planted by the Obama's to give me some serious doubts about putting them in the highest position as President and First Lady of the USA. Too many things point to deception on their part. I am not saying this because I want Hillary to win or because I never though much of Obama anyway but saying it because I think there is enough evidence to be very skeptical and concerned about what his true intentions are. I am not going to play with fire when the stakes are so high. His speeches say one thing but his actions, statements, behavior say another. I for one cannot trust him wholeheartedly in the position of President of the USA. I am just an average citizen wanting to protect my country and its citizens by electing the best candidate for President who has the most talent and best ability to get this country back on track.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,468,746 times
Reputation: 3826
All the candidates have dirty laundry, old stories, new stories, and bad stories in their closet.

So, one has to pick and chose which closet to open, what piece of laundry to wear, and still feel and believe that one is making a clean choice.

I haven't found Obama has more dirt than Senator Clinton, or Senator McCain. I do think he is as smart as Clinton; younger than McCain. Smarter than McCain, and more level-headed about power than Senator Clinton.

With all their respective needs, greeds, egos and speeches, I'll still vote for Obama and wear his dirty shirt at the voting machine.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
This is getting old and played out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 AM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
There is enough evidence in my opinion to cast a shadow of doubt in regards to Mr. Obama's true feelings about America and the general population. I don't think he thinks very much about us considering the company he keeps plus the deragatory statements he and his wife have made. Like Oprah said, "If you hear a pebble drop then it probably is a pebble," meaning that if you suspect something is wrong then it probably is and you need to get out or trust your instincts and then run.

Close personal relationship for 20 years with radical pastor and church, other close relationships with individuals that meant to do harm to America. Racial and unpatriotic statements and actions made by Mr. and Mrs. Barack, such as, "typical white person", and "first time I have ever been proud of America", Obama refusing to wear the American flag pin or pledge allegance to the flag. These things are more like a boulder than a pebble but he is manipulative enough to put a spin on everything and we just continue to follow along like sheep being led to slaughter. I have had friends in the past that held radical views and some of them meant harm to America but when I found this out I disassociated myself from these people and reported them because my loyalty is to my country first. I have gone to church's that spouted things that they should not be spouting and I got up and walked out never to return.

Do we want someone in the highest office that may have negative feelings about America and Americans in general? Yes, none of us really know what is in this man's heart but he has dropped a few bombshells lately that may hint at what it might very well be. Do we want to gamble and take a risk or move ahead with caution. I'd rather be cautious because the damage could be sizable to our nation if Obama in not who he says he is. In one article I read about Michele she made a comment in reference to all the awesome power she would have in the White House... I just hope she uses all that power to do good. Yes, all this may not mean a threat to America but there is certainly enough to suggest that the Obama's may not be completely honest with their true feelings and motives and may have an entirely different agenda than most Americans and this agenda may be harmful to America. I am not trying to be an alarmist but I think there has been enough seeds of doubt planted by the Obama's to give me some serious doubts about putting them in the highest position as President and First Lady of the USA. Too many things point to deception on their part. I am not saying this because I want Hillary to win or because I never though much of Obama anyway but saying it because I think there is enough evidence to be very skeptical and concerned about what his true intentions are. I am not going to play with fire when the stakes are so high. His speeches say one thing but his actions, statements, behavior say another. I for one cannot trust him wholeheartedly in the position of President of the USA. I am just an average citizen wanting to protect my country and its citizens by electing the best candidate for President who has the most talent and best ability to get this country back on track.
Great writing and absolutely true and scary. You have written this very carefully and most intelligent people should agree. Not 1 Obama fan could even provide 1 accomplishment the guy has as a sitting Governor and not 1 good excuse for sitting in a church where hate is preached.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 AM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,018,431 times
Reputation: 117
Lemme make it clear for you so you can put it behind you: Obama and Michelle and millions of other Americans hate America for what it has become and they feel they can make a better America!!!

That had to be said, and the UnAmerican accusations will come flying BUT OBAMANIA wouldnt have occurred if millions didnt believe in it !!

There was a time when the idealistic Clintons would have thought that; they failed miserbly
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Location: 'Burbs of Manhattan
470 posts, read 1,343,848 times
Reputation: 132
Ever since Oprah said she supported Obama, I lost all respect for him.
Oprah, in my eyes, is beyond racist. And, She stated that Obama is speaking the truth and she knows it.
Well, Look now Oprah. Eat your dirt.

And, Obama and Al Sharpton? Uh. Whoa there. Another BIG time racist. If Al Sharpton wanted to help me with my campaign, even if I was black, I would tell him to get lost and that I don't want such support.

Sure. It seems like I am coming off racist. But, No. I am quite sick of the "you get more crap because you're white." or "mexicans get the jobs over white."
Just enough bull****. Employers hire the best. I mean, c'mon. If a mexican is more skilled than you, why should you get the job? Yeah. Puzzles me too.

I'm not even going to touch the topic of the church or whatever.

Hillary, on the other hand. She's by far not much better. She's a liar.
But, I watched a debate and Hillary fights dirty where as Obama was trying to protect his "good" image.
Look. It's the United States of America. I don't want someone who runs the country to be passive about everything. If you are ruling me, you better be aggressive as hell. No matter what, people are going to hate us. You mine as well give them a logical reason to. ;D
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM
pge
 
19 posts, read 8,052 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
There is enough evidence in my opinion to cast a shadow of doubt in regards to Mr. Obama's true feelings about America and the general population. I don't think he thinks very much about us considering the company he keeps plus the deragatory statements he and his wife have made. Like Oprah said, "If you hear a pebble drop then it probably is a pebble," meaning that if you suspect something is wrong then it probably is and you need to get out or trust your instincts and then run.

Close personal relationship for 20 years with radical pastor and church, other close relationships with individuals that meant to do harm to America. Racial and unpatriotic statements and actions made by Mr. and Mrs. Barack, such as, "typical white person", and "first time I have ever been proud of America", Obama refusing to wear the American flag pin or pledge allegance to the flag. These things are more like a boulder than a pebble but he is manipulative enough to put a spin on everything and we just continue to follow along like sheep being led to slaughter. I have had friends in the past that held radical views and some of them meant harm to America but when I found this out I disassociated myself from these people and reported them because my loyalty is to my country first. I have gone to church's that spouted things that they should not be spouting and I got up and walked out never to return.

Do we want someone in the highest office that may have negative feelings about America and Americans in general? Yes, none of us really know what is in this man's heart but he has dropped a few bombshells lately that may hint at what it might very well be. Do we want to gamble and take a risk or move ahead with caution. I'd rather be cautious because the damage could be sizable to our nation if Obama in not who he says he is. In one article I read about Michele she made a comment in reference to all the awesome power she would have in the White House... I just hope she uses all that power to do good. Yes, all this may not mean a threat to America but there is certainly enough to suggest that the Obama's may not be completely honest with their true feelings and motives and may have an entirely different agenda than most Americans and this agenda may be harmful to America. I am not trying to be an alarmist but I think there has been enough seeds of doubt planted by the Obama's to give me some serious doubts about putting them in the highest position as President and First Lady of the USA. Too many things point to deception on their part. I am not saying this because I want Hillary to win or because I never though much of Obama anyway but saying it because I think there is enough evidence to be very skeptical and concerned about what his true intentions are. I am not going to play with fire when the stakes are so high. His speeches say one thing but his actions, statements, behavior say another. I for one cannot trust him wholeheartedly in the position of President of the USA. I am just an average citizen wanting to protect my country and its citizens by electing the best candidate for President who has the most talent and best ability to get this country back on track.
good effort there but obama is still going to win and ur vote isn't going to change that
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:23 AM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,018,431 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pge View Post
good effort there but obama is still going to win and ur vote isn't going to change that
NO !! LOL He/she thinks she can change your vote
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Upper Midwest
113 posts, read 247,499 times
Reputation: 73
I question Obama's patriotism for many reasons. His refusal to wear the flag pin(some may say it is irrelevant) but this was just the first "red flag". Michelle's statements about feeling proud of her country for the first time(terrible!) and his association with the Reverend-Pimp Jeremiah "Wrong" Wright. UCC(his church) website claims a "non-negotiable" commitment to Africa"(America is not mentioned anywhere). Maybe we are just overreacting, right??
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 09:51 AM
 
1,423 posts, read 2,938,866 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
NO !! LOL He/she thinks she can change your vote
I am one among many that feel this way. I will vote McCain before Obama.
Now Obama does not want Michigin and Florida to vote because he knows he will lose. Now that is the truth. This guy is a dangerous in my opinion. Let the people of Michigin and Florida vote for pete's sake!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top