Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:45 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,718,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
As any man who is fortunate enough to be married to a black woman knows, black women almost always ADD and ELEVATE the quality of the marriage and the person if the man is true. Because she is black, meaning that she is incredibly strong, intelligent, versatile, and possessing great dignity and integrity herself, their union allows him to more easily be who he is and maintain his extremely high level of brilliance. He is a fortunate man to have a woman like that.

He is not married to a white woman, so who cares about that scenario? He obviously didn't run into one (or any other race of woman) who was nearly as suitable.

About the ghetto-slave stuff, there is no human in history as barbaric and supremely ignorant as the slavemaster and those who are indifferent to the devastation that such evil wrought on an entire race and the effect it has had on successive generations descendants of slaves. The mentality of the "ghetto" pales in comparison to such people.
I guess that makes Michelle "a typical black person?"

Old 03-24-2008, 03:49 PM

558 posts, read 381,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
I wonder if Barack Obama was influenced by this woman he calls his wife. It is hard for me imagine someone with his background going to a ghetto church where all this ignorant stuff is spewed. If Obama had married a White woman, do you think he would be better off? Is Michelle the person that is influencing him with all this ghetto-slave-oppression crap?! Why has not Obama married a white woman?
You have been listening to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much conservative radio talk. Number one, his church is not Ghetto. That was a stereotypical comment. Because the church is black, it's Ghetto? Watch what you say. All women in history have had an influence on their Husbands. From Abigail Adams, to Mary Todd Lincoln, to Hillary Clinton, we all know that. Hello, they are their wives! So your thread makes no sense or any point.

And you choose who you love according to their race. You have serious issues with race. This is not Latin America, where whites are perceived to be the perfect race....come back to reality. You are in the United States of America, and the year is 2008.

Last edited by johnherrera305; 03-24-2008 at 03:57 PM..

Old 03-24-2008, 04:00 PM

558 posts, read 381,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Yes it does. Because African-Americans all share the same history and discrimination in this country. So yes, in that sense, she is.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,263,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
unless you are black i call you racist !!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,590,724 times
Well, now, the OP has a point. Obama does not originate from a slave family. He originates from muslims in Kenya, his muslim father came to this country as a free man. This may be why the controversy at first that Obama was not "black enough", i.e. he was not descended from slaves. It may be interesting to know that his ancestors in fact were slave owners. So he has had "issues" to overcome, and Michelle right there helping to "influence" him and convince him he really is black enough to be President.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:46 PM

104 posts, read 179,943 times
The slavemaster is a doting mother compared to Hitler. Let's see, Jews were oppressed, killed and dehumanized for 2000 years - blacks for 200. Why is it that the Jewish community has overcome and thrived and the black community is still complaining and playing victim? World War 1 was far mor recent than the Civil War. the only people keeping the African American community down are the democrats and the African American community itself. Obama married a black woman and not a white one because he was looking for the roots he never had after his father abandoned him. Most healthy individuals seek partners that are a reflection of the loved ones who raised them. Michelle gives Obama the love he never had from his father, and redirects his hatred of being abandoned by his father toward her lofty goals of blaming white people for all that is wrong in her life. Had Obama's father stuck around, he would probably be married to a white woman right now.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:04 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
As any man who is fortunate enough to be married to a black woman knows, black women almost always ADD and ELEVATE the quality of the marriage and the person if the man is true. Because she is black, meaning that she is incredibly strong, intelligent, versatile, and possessing great dignity and integrity herself, their union allows him to more easily be who he is and maintain his extremely high level of brilliance. He is a fortunate man to have a woman like that.

He is not married to a white woman, so who cares about that scenario? He obviously didn't run into one (or any other race of woman) who was nearly as suitable.

About the ghetto-slave stuff, there is no human in history as barbaric and supremely ignorant as the slavemaster and those who are indifferent to the devastation that such evil wrought on an entire race and the effect it has had on successive generations descendants of slaves. The mentality of the "ghetto" pales in comparison to such people.

I am going to throw up now

Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
I don't know about all that but I did just say elsewhere that it seems like Mrs Obama wears the pants in the family.
What a quaint, antiquated, uniformed, OLD, sexist statement to make.

Women have been wearing pants for almost 100 years....and some before that.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,669 times
She always talks over him when they are interviewed together, like he does not have the sense of a coconut to speak for himself.
She is shrill and rude and I shudder to think what it must be like at home with her.
YIKES!!~!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
There is no doubt about that... she has been characterized as bossy and emasculating. I also read that she hates to lose. She seems like one tough lady... I would not want to tangle with her. I am sure that she keeps Obama on a tight leash.

Called "bossy and emasculating" by whom?

Hating to lose is a bad thing???? Weird idea you got there

Nothing wrong with a tough woman....must be horrible for men who like to take advantage of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections