U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 PM

34,516 posts, read 28,796,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cop hating? Uhmmm...no the left doesn't hate cops. Sure some of the loons might, but not the vast majority.

open borders? Again, VERY few actual open borders folks. Thats more of a libertarian thing.

Oakland coffee shop? I got news for you, some of us dont even drink coffee.

Straight white religeous marine? Also...not a huge issue as long as they arent looking to force their views on us.

Bernie Sanders meets all of this-he doesnt hate cops, isnt for open borders, is straight, and white. I dont think him not being a past marine, or his views on coffee matter.

Your whole post shows a true lack of comprehension of what the left IS. Its not this parody you have presented.
Agreed. And, I'd prefer my coffee from San Francisco. I don't spend much time in Oakland, not really.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 PM

14,558 posts, read 8,386,623 times
Oh, the irony. According to Politico, Republicans are crying foul at Lamb's victory and are demanding a vote recount. It seems they're having trouble winning elections without the help of Mother Russia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 04:52 PM

17,631 posts, read 11,080,300 times
Ok, let's see now, so far that is NJ, VA, AL, and now PA, where Trump has tried to help and each time it went Democrat. The DNC needs to put Trump on their payroll !

So, what were some Trumpees saying a few weeks ago about the Democratic party being broke and dead ?

Old 03-14-2018, 04:54 PM

30,388 posts, read 20,021,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I see this a positive development. Lamb was a very good candidate. A young, handsome, military man, who's tough on crime, pro 2nd amendment (including assault rifles), backs Trump's trade policies, does not support sanctuary cities or open borders, is pro-life, distances himself from progressive policy, wants Nancy Pelosi ousted and won't criticize Trump.

The DNC is now actively trying to get minorities and far left extremists out of races they think they can win with conservative Democrats like Lamb. If they continue to move to the right like this, the GOP might never win another election. That would mean the D's are moving away from their extremist, progressive platform, nominating quality candidates and the GOP would have to do the same. Win-win.

After doing some research on both candidates, I'm surprised Saccone did as well as he did.

Lamb is essentially a moderate-conservative with a pro-worker pedigree.

If it weren't for the balance of power in the House, I might have voted for him too.

We'll see how that Democrat Party baggage gets handled as things progress.

Since he's really a Republican, I won't be surprised if he flips party somewhere down the road.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,428,225 times
Quote:
The big question is how many Conor Lamb's do they have on the bench? He's almost too perfect to replicate and how will actively asking minority and progressive candidates to step down from their respective races sit with the far left of the party? Are the cop-hating, open borders, BLM, Oakland coffee shop crowd going to vote for a straight, White, religious, marine or will they split the party and back another Bernie Sanders type?
lol the "Oakland coffee shop crowd" will be voting for a legislator who is in tune with their issues, Conor Lamb isn't running in Oakland. Different parts of the country require different candidates, Republicans do the same thing, in order to win in a democratic leaning district they move to the left.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 PM

7,493 posts, read 3,502,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cop hating? Uhmmm...no the left doesn't hate cops. Sure some of the loons might, but not the vast majority.

open borders? Again, VERY few actual open borders folks. Thats more of a libertarian thing.

Oakland coffee shop? I got news for you, some of us dont even drink coffee.

Straight white religeous marine? Also...not a huge issue as long as they arent looking to force their views on us.

Bernie Sanders meets all of this-he doesnt hate cops, isnt for open borders, is straight, and white. I dont think him not being a past marine, or his views on coffee matter.

Your whole post shows a true lack of comprehension of what the left IS. Its not this parody you have presented.
You're delusional. The D support of the cop hating BLM and other cops haters is well documented. All you have to do is click on literally ANY thread here on C-D involving the cops. You've got multiple D's in DC who're palling around with Louis Farrakhan and refuse to renounce him. You nominated Keith Ellison as deputy chair of the DNC. The looney-left leadership cares more about trans-gender bathroom rights than they do about tens of millions of illegal immigrants in our country. Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, these people are absolutely nuts. The entire "resistence" movement mentality. These are the things that got Trump elected, not racism or sexism. Rejecting these things is also why Lamb was elected.

26,302 posts, read 12,777,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, let's see now, so far that is NJ, VA, AL, and now PA, where Trump has tried to help and each time it went Democrat. The DNC needs to put Trump on their payroll !

So, what were some Trumpees saying a few weeks ago about the Democratic party being broke and dead ?
They are still broke. The reality is though, and I have said this before, money moves elections by about 5% max. Which is absolutely huge in most cases. But beyond that more money doesn't help. The GOP has gotten unpopular enough from Trump that money isnt going to help when we see these huge swings in voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since he's really a Republican, I won't be surprised if he flips party somewhere down the road.
For you to think that you must have overlooked the fact that Conor Lamb is pro-choice and supports labor unions.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:59 PM

7,493 posts, read 3,502,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
For you to think that you must have overlooked the fact that Conor Lamb is pro-choice and supports labor unions.
Lamb is pro-life, he just doesn't believe abortion should be illegal. Lamb supports every trade policy Trump has made. He's a lot like Trump in fact, very centrist in nature.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
You're delusional. The D support of the cop hating BLM and other cops haters is well documented. All you have to do is click on literally ANY thread here on C-D involving the cops. You've got multiple D's in DC who're palling around with Louis Farrakhan and refuse to renounce him. You nominated Keith Ellison as deputy chair of the DNC. The looney-left leadership cares more about trans-gender bathroom rights than they do about tens of millions of illegal immigrants in our country. Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, these people are absolutely nuts. The entire "resistence" movement mentality. These are the things that got Trump elected, not racism or sexism. Rejecting these things is also why Lamb was elected.
99% of democrats don't hate cops, but go ahead anc click on CD all you want and prove me wrong if you are so sure of that. Trump got elected because he appealed to the working class voter and they bought his BS, since it hasn't worked out the way they thought it would they will continue to abandon him in large numbers like rats jumping a sinking ship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or