U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 05:22 PM

18,157 posts, read 11,139,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If Democrats prioritize protecting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, they will take back the House.
Democrats always prioritize that. It is interesting that health care was a huge issue in this election and Conor Lamb supports universal healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm glad to see smart Dims shift to the right....it will be interesting to see if he is independent from the Demonic Rat mob.

I also think it's funny Dims spent billions to win a seat for a few months.
Billions? Is there a source for that? Republicans spent more than Democrats and it's a very red district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 05:22 PM

948 posts, read 338,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm glad to see smart Dims shift to the right....it will be interesting to see if he is independent from the Demonic Rat mob.

I also think it's funny Dims spent billions to win a seat for a few months.
And the Rethug spent five times as much to do the same thing...

and lost.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:29 PM

7,352 posts, read 4,456,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Billions? Is there a source for that? Republicans spent more than Democrats and it's a very red district.
Saccone spent $10.9 million. Lamb spent $4.5 million. They ended up getting almost the same number of votes. Who spent more per voter?

Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 PM

948 posts, read 338,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If Democrats prioritize protecting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, they will take back the House.
That's exactly why he won. Also, he mentioned Trump very rarely. Run as New Deal Democrat and treat Trump like a fading, healing infection is the way forward.

Reminds me of that pivotal scene in the original Independence Day when the mothership is destroyed and the humans figure out a way to bring down the earth-based ships and start sending our Morse Code instructions around the globe. Lamb needs to do the same to every Dem running this year.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Spray painted on the Asheville Loyal Order of Police Hut this week.

Vandal spray-paints 'black lives matter' on Asheville Fraternal Order of Police lodge | KBAK

They desecrated the American Flag too.
Going out on a limb here: when was the last time you saw graffiti vandals conspicuously avoid spraying over a window, which can't simply be repainted?

Old 03-14-2018, 05:42 PM

79,219 posts, read 33,616,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Saccone spent $10.9 million. Lamb spent $4.5 million. They ended up getting almost the same number of votes. Who spent more per voter?
"Money wins elections" so we need to give the election to Saccone.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:49 PM

12,045 posts, read 5,717,167 times
The REAL question is ....... Will they find votes riding around in the back of a car 2 months from now???
That's exactly how Al Franken got elected.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:03 PM

30,471 posts, read 20,112,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
For you to think that you must have overlooked the fact that Conor Lamb is pro-choice and supports labor unions.

Why would you think that?

Labor unions are fine (I'm a union member btw).

It's the leadership that's always looking for a big spending project so they can line their pockets with money borrowed from the Chinese.

Eventually, we'll all have to pay that money back with interest, so what's the point?

Moreover, Democrats using labor unions to transform my tax dollars into campaign contributions isn't something I support, even if the leadership does.

Lamb's stance on abortion is the same cop-out that Democrats from conservative districts and Republicans from liberal districts resort to when they want to be non-controversial.

Most people have a position on the matter but it tends to be overshadowed by other issues, so punting, as Lamb did, is generally politically expedient.

I don't agree with it and it would be a major issue for me, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,855,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Lamb's stance on abortion is the same cop-out that Democrats from conservative districts and Republicans from liberal districts resort to when they want to be non-controversial.

Most people have a position on the matter but it tends to be overshadowed by other issues, so punting, as Lamb did, is generally politically expedient.
Or maybe like me, that is his actual point of view?

Old 03-14-2018, 06:08 PM

21,177 posts, read 11,797,310 times
Lots of GOPers telling themselves lots of fairy tales today, I guess they didn't get much sleep last night so they are trying to pretend a whole lot of not real things to make themselves feel better.

The reality is that Lamb won, there aren't enough outstanding votes to change that. But it doesn't even matter. This was a Trump +20 district in 2016. The fact that it's now 50/50 means that the GOP lost BIGLY regardless of who gets a few months in Congress before the 2018 election - where it's likely both of these candidates will be running again but not against each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or