U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2018, 02:43 AM
 
78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Lamb is particularly concerned about veteran's health problems. Pennsylvania has a lot of vets.
We all should be. Obama failed in addressing the problems at the V.A. also. (So has Trump....and Bush, and Clinton and.........)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2018, 07:26 AM
 
Location: sumter
8,520 posts, read 5,342,875 times
Reputation: 6578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why did Lamb feel the need to run from Pelosi? (he wouldn't have won if he had backed Pelosi also)
Come midterm elections, you might want to ask that same question to republican candidates who will be running away from Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 09:46 AM
 
78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Come midterm elections, you might want to ask that same question to republican candidates who will be running away from Trump.
Again......why? I do NOT care about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,295 posts, read 14,293,987 times
Reputation: 15789
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why did Lamb feel the need to run from Pelosi? (he wouldn't have won if he had backed Pelosi also)
Why do you think?

Pelosi is about as popular now in her party as Ryan is in his. The Democratic party is as fed up with the do-nothings in Congress as the Republicans.

But unlike the GOP, the Democrats are looking for candidates who have plans for action, not simple resentment, to carry their banners this November.

Lamb won't be unique in his stance against Pelosi. He was just the first to declare himself independent from his party's leadership. There will be many, many more Democratic winners who will follow him and do the same.

Some of those winners will be conservative Democrats, some moderates, and some liberals. They all agree that a sea change in Washington's Democratic leadership is imperative.

Pelosi could win her seat again, but she won't ever be the Speaker of the House again. Even if the House becomes Democratic.

I expect McConnell will suffer the same fate if the Republicans hold the Senate. For both, their days as party leaders are rapidly reaching their end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:23 PM
 
78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why do you think?
People realize the harm she is doing and want her removed from her position.

Quote:
Pelosi is about as popular now in her party as Ryan is in his. The Democratic party is as fed up with the do-nothings in Congress as the Republicans.
And yet, nothing has been done.

Quote:
But unlike the GOP, the Democrats are looking for candidates who have plans for action, not simple resentment, to carry their banners this November.
Give me an exact number if you would please. How many times do I have to repeat that I do NOT care what the GOP is doing?

Quote:
Lamb won't be unique in his stance against Pelosi. He was just the first to declare himself independent from his party's leadership. There will be many, many more Democratic winners who will follow him and do the same.
No he wasn't. Tim Ryan ran against her and was shot down.

Quote:
Some of those winners will be conservative Democrats, some moderates, and some liberals. They all agree that a sea change in Washington's Democratic leadership is imperative.

Pelosi could win her seat again, but she won't ever be the Speaker of the House again. Even if the House becomes Democratic.

I expect McConnell will suffer the same fate if the Republicans hold the Senate. For both, their days as party leaders are rapidly reaching their end.
The damage has been done. The (D)'s prospects would improve for the midterms if she was removed now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
18,065 posts, read 8,149,118 times
Reputation: 10474
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why do you think?

Pelosi is about as popular now in her party as Ryan is in his. The Democratic party is as fed up with the do-nothings in Congress as the Republicans.

But unlike the GOP, the Democrats are looking for candidates who have plans for action, not simple resentment, to carry their banners this November.

Lamb won't be unique in his stance against Pelosi. He was just the first to declare himself independent from his party's leadership. There will be many, many more Democratic winners who will follow him and do the same.

Some of those winners will be conservative Democrats, some moderates, and some liberals. They all agree that a sea change in Washington's Democratic leadership is imperative.

Pelosi could win her seat again, but she won't ever be the Speaker of the House again. Even if the House becomes Democratic.

I expect McConnell will suffer the same fate if the Republicans hold the Senate. For both, their days as party leaders are rapidly reaching their end.
And Pelosi probably doesn't care.

"That sounds like a radical thing to say, but the truth is that we have zero evidence that it actually changes any votes when every Republican candidate shouts "My opponent is just a puppet of San Francisco liberal Nancy Pelosi!" There's no question that Republican voters dislike her, but that's very different from her actually having an effect on the outcome of any race. But we've been seeing those ads for so long we just assume they must make a difference." Nancy Pelosi doesn't care if you hate her

Note that Ryan is about as popular as Pelosi, and McConnell is less popular than either.

So if yelling about Pelosi seems like a good R tactic to use against Ds, it could backfire. Big league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,520 posts, read 5,342,875 times
Reputation: 6578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again......why? I do NOT care about them.
Then why should anybody care about why Lamb running from Pelosi? He won, a win is a win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:31 PM
 
78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Then why should anybody care about why Lamb running from Pelosi? He won, a win is a win.
He won because he said he would not support her in leadership any longer in part. If he hadn't done that with as close as the race was, he likely loses. That is why we should care.

How much damage does she have to do before she gets tossed aside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 01:33 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,520 posts, read 5,342,875 times
Reputation: 6578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He won because he said he would not support her in leadership any longer in part. If he hadn't done that with as close as the race was, he likely loses. That is why we should care.

How much damage does she have to do before she gets tossed aside?
Are you a democrat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2018, 02:37 PM
 
78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Are you a democrat?
I'm an (I) that supports many of the things the (D)'s say they are for but rarely actually are.

I supported a large portion of what Candidate Obama said he was for. I supported very little of what President Obama actually did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top