Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:01 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

UGH the Doom and Gloom by the Left and media over everything Trump is really getting wearing from the scandal of 2 scoops of ice cream to the supposed Russian Collusion, to reaching out to Putin to congratulate his election win, to enforcing existing immigration laws as evil, to tax cuts that did nothing but make the rich richer while giving giving the little people crumbs and now what is being called a "Trade war" with China.

It appears that Trump can't do anything right and the Left is really enjoying telling us all about what they perceive as earth shattering negative news and they are happily undermining Trump and delegitimizing his Presidency. They are working hard to set the stage for 2020 if their prayers for impeachment are not answered sooner.

If Hillary had won as she was supposed to would we be hearing anything at all besides the Left and Media heaping praise on her and the sound of millions of pats on backs that they elected the first woman President.
I suspect that the only negative news we would be hearing would be from the likes of Rush and Hannity and they can be turned off easily.
Imagine how happy we would all be when 95% of the news outlets are busy telling us how wonderful the country and world is with Hillary as President.

Did we make a mistake in 2016?
Would we be better off with blinders on happily humming along or are we better off seeing the real world with both eyes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 11:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
To answer your original question, I don't know, and neither do you.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:06 AM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
It'd be rainbow farting unicorns everywhere....

Old 03-23-2018, 11:07 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
There would likely still be some controversy and complaining about Bernie getting the shaft. After all Clinton is more to the right than Trump.

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Trumpers love them some Hillary. They can't get enough.

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
I'd be a lot happier than I am now!

Old 03-23-2018, 11:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'd be a lot happier than I am now!
Why?

Give us 5 factual reasons why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trumpers love them some Hillary. They can't get enough.
I think the war between the Trumpers and the Obamabots is hilarious.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH the Doom and Gloom by the Left and media over everything Trump is really getting wearing from the scandal of 2 scoops of ice cream to the supposed Russian Collusion, to reaching out to Putin to congratulate his election win, to enforcing existing immigration laws as evil, to tax cuts that did nothing but make the rich richer while giving giving the little people crumbs and now what is being called a "Trade war" with China.

It appears that Trump can't do anything right and the Left is really enjoying telling us all about what they perceive as earth shattering negative news and they are happily undermining Trump and delegitimizing his Presidency. They are working hard to set the stage for 2020 if their prayers for impeachment are not answered sooner.

If Hillary had won as she was supposed to would we be hearing anything at all besides the Left and Media heaping praise on her and the sound of millions of pats on backs that they elected the first woman President.
I suspect that the only negative news we would be hearing would be from the likes of Rush and Hannity and they can be turned off easily.
Imagine how happy we would all be when 95% of the news outlets are busy telling us how wonderful the country and world is with Hillary as President.

Did we make a mistake in 2016?
Would we be better off with blinders on happily humming along or are we better off seeing the real world with both eyes?
Hillary lives in your head. How funny!

trump undermines & delegitimizes his own presidency. Period.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:12 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Love her or hate her, she has experience and would have appointed a lot of better people. No doubt about that.

But fate is fickle so we have no idea how things would turn out. My spidey sense tells me the GOP and "forgotten man" and "uneducated" electorate who elected Trump (by minority) would be yelling and screaming so loud that the Government would be somewhat paralyzed.

Still, in the end, at least we'd have a functioning Dept. of State and many other things...and I wouldn't be worrying about nukes possibly going off. I somewhat doubt Hillary would have increased the debt 1.5 Trillion when things were almost balanced and I KNOW she would not have thrown 10 million people off the health care rolls. Lots of other similar things add up to a more logical POTUS reign.

But - you never know. Sometimes things have to get REALLY bad for the electorate to improve their education...in the case of the USA, one of our problems is that so few people vote. Of course, the GOP likes it that way as was clearly stated by one of the founders of American conservatism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

Quite clear decades ago. The same idea still flies on that side of the aisle.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Would have been happy to have a WOMAN president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections