Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
And Obama "sold out" the moment when he refused to prosecute the bankers and did a complete reversal on universal health care.

I'm surprised it has taken the Trump supporters this long to realize they've been had. When Trump stacked his cabinet with more Goldman Sachs execs than Obama did, that should have been an obvious sign.
Yeah, I wasn't real happy about those either.

But at least Obama moved things in the direction I wanted them to go, even though he failed to push as hard as he could have.

You can't really say that about Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 05:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Except he’s not saying he would have voted fo the Dem candidate
But he recognizes he was duped. Baby steps...

Old 03-23-2018, 05:31 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But what was our alternative. Just look at our choices. One guy who obviously BS's us into voting for him knowing full well he was going to sell us out and the other one is a falling down drunk who could have never been trusted with this nation.

This is what humanity has to offer for the leader of the world?

We have BIG problems.
I was following you until you talked about somebody falling own drunk. You lost me.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Except he’s not saying he would have voted fo the Dem candidate
Recognizing that Trump is an ass and that congressional Rs are his enablers is good enough.

I didn't support Rs 30 years ago, but I have to say they were better than this bunch. I'd love to see those old Rs back.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:34 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
And Obama "sold out" the moment he refused to prosecute the bankers and did a complete reversal on universal health care.

I'm surprised it has taken the Trump supporters this long to realize they've been had. They should have known when Trump stacked more Goldman Sachs execs in his cabinet than Obama did.
And murdered people with drone strikes the same day he was accepting his "peace prize."

Old 03-23-2018, 05:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
I didn't like either one. The first time I could not vote for the lesser of two evils. I could not bring myself to vote for either one.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But he recognizes he was duped. Baby steps...
Don't get your hopes up. We libertarians are trying to educate them into the correct way of thinking (voluntarily, of course).

Old 03-24-2018, 05:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I didn't like either one. The first time I could not vote for the lesser of two evils. I could not bring myself to vote for either one.
Strange how Trump won, yet none of you right wingers voted for him.

Ain’t that something? Funny how that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It really really time for a third party.......
You guys are really killing me with this 3rd party stuff. You were all singing one hell of an arrogant tune back in November.

Fact is, I don’t know what you’re all complaining about now. This is the same Republican Party that it’s been ever since I can remember. Trump isn’t behaving any different than any other Republican President. And the Congressional Republicans aren’t behaving any different than any other Republican Congressional majority in the past.

Why you all thought this time would be different goes over my head.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:29 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times
I'll admit that i've been had...looks like it's straight third-party voting for me from now on.

IMO, The third parties have a golden opportunity to blow some holes in the two-party system, and they'd be stupid not to capitalize on it right now. Before, they didn't really have much of a chance, other than Ross Perot, but now...

Old 03-24-2018, 05:34 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
What is all the commotion about exactly? Most of this bill is massive military spending - the biggest increase in 14 years.

Did you expect Trump and the Republicans to back out of this and force a government shutdown? I don’t get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections