Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,784,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He would not have become unglued about MI and FL because he agreed to their stance before the primaries started.
Oh, I couldn't disagree more. He would be throwing a hissy fit just like Hill&Bill.

Can you see? Jesse and Al and Obama leading the march down main street wailing and whining that the "white" establishment is trying to steal the election from the first black candidate. I can.

There'd be calls to COUNT EVERY VOTE!! We were cheated in 2000 - NOT AGAIN!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,220,178 times
I would say the same thing I've been saying about Hillary: She should stay in until the primaries are done - then call it quits.

Ken

PS - I too think that Huckabee is a gentleman.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:34 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
I think Obama would be urged to continue his campaign because it is an historic one. I'm afraid though, he just doesn't have Hillary's backbone and tenacity. He would have dropped out because he's a spineless wimp.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, I couldn't disagree more. He would be throwing a hissy fit just like Hill&Bill.

Can you see? Jesse and Al and Obama leading the march down main street wailing and whining that the "white" establishment is trying to steal the election from the first black candidate. I can.

Why do Sharpton and Jackson keep coming up. Can you show any pictures or news reports of them being together with Obama? Saturday Night Live did a routine about their non involvement in his campaign.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:36 PM

I hate to disapoint you people but if you look into the Obama campaign organization ( read Time) the White Establishment is the Obama campaign. His campaign is so White.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,496,294 times
They would be saying just waht they said to teddy kennedy in his race agianst Carter when he was way behind;take it to the convention.If he were likely to get the majority of popular vote they would be howl racism.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,258,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Sheesh. Not everything is about race.

I agree with the overwhelming sentiment of this thread. He would have bowed out with dignity and supported Hillary wholeheartedly by now. I can't see him harming this country's prospects of moving forward by following blind ambition like Hillary is.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:38 PM

580 posts, read 1,675,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
If Clinton was ahead in states won, pledged and total delegates and ahead in popular vote, would Obama still be in the race? What would the pressure on him to step aside be? Would we believe in his "fight to the finish"? What would we call Obama, if he insisted on going to the end, despite the fact it would be almost impossible to surpass Clinton?
I support Hillary Clinton

Well I would expect he would be allowed to finish his campaign through all states. If he was leading in the popular vote as well and winning many key states they may even take his point in staying into consideration.

Woot Hillary

Old 05-27-2008, 02:51 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I hate to disapoint you people but if you look into the Obama campaign organization ( read Time) the White Establishment is the Obama campaign. His campaign is so White.
I'd be willing to bet, if he were elected President, he would have fewer blacks on staff than most Presidents' do.

It's kind of funny how that works out, isn't it?

(Remember Bill Clinton's secretary? She was black.)

Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'd be willing to bet, if he were elected President, he would have fewer blacks on staff than most Presidents' do.

It's kind of funny how that works out, isn't it?

(Remember Bill Clinton's secretary? She was black.)
Hillary has a Black campaign manager and Obama a White. I can't think of who he would have in his cabinet who is Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections