U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)

47,721 posts, read 45,328,902 times

Advertisements

I'd rather have Kasich in office than Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 12:18 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,736,964 times
CNN loves Kasich, he likes going on CNN. He talks like a Democrat especially on gun control and immigration.

Yesterday's tweet:

"A true leader preserves & offers hope, doesn't take hope from innocent children who call America home. Remember, today is Easter Sunday. #DACA #Hope"

He was replying to Trump's tweet: "Border Patrol Agents are not allowed to properly do their job at the Border because of ridiculous liberal (Democrat) laws like Catch & Release. Getting more dangerous. “Caravans” coming. Republicans must go to Nuclear Option to pass tough laws NOW. NO MORE DACA DEAL!"

Most Republicans and common sense Americans support Trump. We can't have amnesty and compromises on DACA with the situation now at the border and millions of more illegals coming. Kasich has no answer but to bash Trump with the silly Easter Sunday moral B.S. and he offers no answer but amnesty and open borders like the Easter Bunny is going to make Americans forget the immigration mess Trump inherited. Kasich sounds more like a Democrat.

Mr. open borders and amnesty and he wants to win the GOP nomination in 2020 with that?

Then on gun control, he sounds like a Democrat calling for “common sense gun laws” and wanting to put more restrictions on the AR-15. If this clown is the GOP Nominee in 2020, the GOP will lose because many Republicans will stay home. If he is the nominee, there will be an independent conservative candidate giving the election to the Democrats.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

might as well vote for the real thing....a corporate establishment DEMOCRAT!.......for Open borders, amnesty, for NAFTA and TPP and endless wars and endless occupations, new world order and globalism.

The only difference between Kasich and Hillary Clinton and the corporatist democrats is that Kasich is PRO-LIFE by mouth. I don't even believe him that he will appoint conservative judges to the S.C. since he is a RINO.

Good Luck with a Bush 3rd term.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:05 PM

71,750 posts, read 83,373,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I wish I had known more about him during this past election. He seems like a decent, intelligent man.
decent guy: he does seem like one, but I doubt he will go far at all in 2020. He would have to beat Trump if Trump decides to run again, or if not, a lot of candidates who, if noting else are better speakers. He might appeal to people like you who lean left but no, he will not be able to sew up the nomination I do not think

Old 04-02-2018, 02:07 PM

71,750 posts, read 83,373,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't know much about him but anyone who can get rid of the haters on both fringes and bring us back together is going to win a lot of votes.
We all would love to see that, but it will take more than the president to mend the problems we have now with the hatred on both sides.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:40 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,070,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I would have rather had my pet turtle in office than Obama.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:20 PM

19,767 posts, read 14,174,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There's anger on both sides but the right person could help to resolve that anger by compromising and bringing people together again.

Make us the UNITED States of America again.
That's just not gonna happen. That ship done sailed.

The only way Americans would ever be united is if there was some major catastrophe that resulted in the deaths of Millions of Americans. Since that's not gonna happen, the division between Left and Right will continue until it reaches a boiling point, which I would estimate will happen some 10-12 years from now.

While I disagree with the projections regarding the automation of jobs, the simple fact is you will lose Millions of jobs to automation. To allow Millions to illegally immigrate to the US in light of that fact is sheer stupidity and cannot in any way be justified. The Right is absolutely correct on the issue of closing the borders and adopting a restrictive immigration program like the vast majority of foreign States have, like Canada, where you cannot immigrate unless you have a college education or some specialty Skill-set in short supply.

So long as the Left continues to support open borders and illegal immigration, while subverting the laws of the US to sanction and protect illegal immigrants at the expense of tax payers, that rift will continue to widen.

I could go on all day about policy matters, but at the end of the day, there's no room for compromise and worse than that, at this stage of the game vis-a-vis globalization and the rise of emerging- and developing-States, there's no room for error, and common sense has to prevail over wishful thinking.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 PM

23,267 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's just not gonna happen. That ship done sailed.

The only way Americans would ever be united is if there was some major catastrophe that resulted in the deaths of Millions of Americans. Since that's not gonna happen, the division between Left and Right will continue until it reaches a boiling point, which I would estimate will happen some 10-12 years from now.

While I disagree with the projections regarding the automation of jobs, the simple fact is you will lose Millions of jobs to automation. To allow Millions to illegally immigrate to the US in light of that fact is sheer stupidity and cannot in any way be justified. The Right is absolutely correct on the issue of closing the borders and adopting a restrictive immigration program like the vast majority of foreign States have, like Canada, where you cannot immigrate unless you have a college education or some specialty Skill-set in short supply.

So long as the Left continues to support open borders and illegal immigration, while subverting the laws of the US to sanction and protect illegal immigrants at the expense of tax payers, that rift will continue to widen.

I could go on all day about policy matters, but at the end of the day, there's no room for compromise and worse than that, at this stage of the game vis-a-vis globalization and the rise of emerging- and developing-States, there's no room for error, and common sense has to prevail over wishful thinking.
Can you actually name a state wide or federally elected Democrat that supports open borders ????????

The distinction between Democrats and Republicans know Immigration and borders on rhetoric and that's it.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM

Kasich is wrong on immigration and trade deals. The more he talks on CNN and the MSM liberal channels the more we know he will NEVER win the GOP nomination.

add-on gun control which he voted for the assault weapons ban with the Democrats in 1994 and when he saw it was unpopular with the nation that Democrats lost control of Congress he changed his tune and now he is changing his tune and goes where the wind blows and sounds like a Democrat.

Republicans after 2 defeats by Obama will NEVER forget how the Bushes, Romney, and Kasich never supported Trump after he won the nomination and were doing everything in their power to get Hillary Clinton elected. Kasich thinks that Republicans have a short memory in 2020 and forget what he stands for and what he is doing undermining President Trump on immigration and trade deals.

Kasich is the same thing as Hillary and Biden. The difference is Kasich is pro-life but I doubt he will put conservative judges in the courts since he is a RINO.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can you actually name a state wide or federally elected Democrat that supports open borders ????????

The distinction between Democrats and Republicans know Immigration and borders on rhetoric and that's it.

they sure don't say open borders.....but they use other phrases. Most Democrats are for sanctuary cities......Hell! if a Democrat is on public record that he is either pro-life or against sanctuary cities then he/she is done in any national race in the party, the party won't support you.

then you had Hillary Clinton on one of the Univision primary debates in 2016, she basically said if you make it here you get to stay here. She doesn't support separating families and the Latino crowd went wild and gave her a standing ovation....even Bill Maher made fun of that saying that the new Democrat immigration policy is if you make it here you get to stay here.

if that isn't for open borders then I don't know what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or