Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 01:54 PM

304 posts, read 160,238 times

Advertisements

I always said a significant chunk of Trump votes were people who voted AGAINST Hillary not FOR Trump.

Now while I prefer democrats to republicans I am not entirely ready to pop champagne of a blue wave just yet. Democrats need to stop worrying about wedge issues that 5% of the population loves but its a bridge too far for 50% of the population.

Let me put it this way.
I believe Trans-rights are human rights and the bathroom issues doesn;t bother me, I'd rather use bathroom and leave than check the "equipment" of the person in the next stall. However a brief story, where I live there has been studies/speculation that show chemicals in the drinking water that have been linked to breast cancer..4 woman on the same block had it within a 6 month period of each other. With an EPA that seems to reject/not care about issues like there my vote is more towards preventing my mother, mother-in-law, sister, wife or daughter getting breast cancer (or any cancer for that matter) by a little oversight to make sure our drinking water is not poisoned. But when push comes to shove the Dems would rather prop up the candidate that talks about transgender bathrooms. If god forbid I have to sit with a loved one through chemo I would be like a lunatic knowing this could've been prevented if clean water was a bigger issue than the chick who was a dude taking a leak

I own no guns but I have fired guns before and favor the 2nd amendment (its just not my top priority), I have never hunted not due to objections just due to unable to find the time but I have several friends who are avid hunters. and they have given me good deer meat and fresh turkey jerky. Funny thing about these guys, all except 1 (out of roughly a dozen) feel AR-15's and sub-machine guns belong with either military personal or SWAT team or something similar. They are WILLING TO LISTEN to sensible gun reform. We are all parents and the last thing we need is a psycho with one of these guns near our children..however the democrats are masters taking a conversation about gun reform and turning into gun abolition (or at minimum not pushing back enough when the gun lobby state such things) and while I feel adequate in my manhood and don't need an arsenal law-abiding guns owners should not be punished but the democrats seem to ignore that part.

I am from outside NYC...I am a city-boy to my core, but just like I have no use for an evangelical preacher from rural wherever trying to legislate morality (ironically in the name of small government) these rural folks don't want us city people telling them the farm boy should be more like the hipster.

I have always maintained people wrote of Bill Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama as flukes who would never be reelected but they were. (I know, i know any day now the proof of voter fraud will be revealed) I think at this rate in 2020 the Democrats will be in the best position to bump off an incumbent president since 1932 but they need to look towards the purple in the map, if they plan on winning they should look at the narrow trump victories ( MI, WI and PA) the trending purple areas (GA, AZ, NC) the swingy (FL, OH, IA) and a few additional resources to the long shots with changing demographics to show they care (TX, TN, even Bama after that special election) instead of being dictated by the +34 D district of Nancy Pelosi because if they do that Trump will be the 4th name on the list of a fluke who got reelected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 06:59 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
...cool story, bro...

thanks

Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
You're correct with much of what you write, OP. Fortunately for the country, the national Democrat leadership doesn't have as much sense as you

Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
I always said a significant chunk of Trump votes were people who voted AGAINST Hillary not FOR Trump.

Now while I prefer democrats to republicans I am not entirely ready to pop champagne of a blue wave just yet. Democrats need to stop worrying about wedge issues that 5% of the population loves but its a bridge too far for 50% of the population.

Let me put it this way.
I believe Trans-rights are human rights and the bathroom issues doesn;t bother me, I'd rather use bathroom and leave than check the "equipment" of the person in the next stall. However a brief story, where I live there has been studies/speculation that show chemicals in the drinking water that have been linked to breast cancer..4 woman on the same block had it within a 6 month period of each other. With an EPA that seems to reject/not care about issues like there my vote is more towards preventing my mother, mother-in-law, sister, wife or daughter getting breast cancer (or any cancer for that matter) by a little oversight to make sure our drinking water is not poisoned. But when push comes to shove the Dems would rather prop up the candidate that talks about transgender bathrooms. If god forbid I have to sit with a loved one through chemo I would be like a lunatic knowing this could've been prevented if clean water was a bigger issue than the chick who was a dude taking a leak

I own no guns but I have fired guns before and favor the 2nd amendment (its just not my top priority), I have never hunted not due to objections just due to unable to find the time but I have several friends who are avid hunters. and they have given me good deer meat and fresh turkey jerky. Funny thing about these guys, all except 1 (out of roughly a dozen) feel AR-15's and sub-machine guns belong with either military personal or SWAT team or something similar. They are WILLING TO LISTEN to sensible gun reform. We are all parents and the last thing we need is a psycho with one of these guns near our children..however the democrats are masters taking a conversation about gun reform and turning into gun abolition (or at minimum not pushing back enough when the gun lobby state such things) and while I feel adequate in my manhood and don't need an arsenal law-abiding guns owners should not be punished but the democrats seem to ignore that part.

I am from outside NYC...I am a city-boy to my core, but just like I have no use for an evangelical preacher from rural wherever trying to legislate morality (ironically in the name of small government) these rural folks don't want us city people telling them the farm boy should be more like the hipster.

I have always maintained people wrote of Bill Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama as flukes who would never be reelected but they were. (I know, i know any day now the proof of voter fraud will be revealed) I think at this rate in 2020 the Democrats will be in the best position to bump off an incumbent president since 1932 but they need to look towards the purple in the map, if they plan on winning they should look at the narrow trump victories ( MI, WI and PA) the trending purple areas (GA, AZ, NC) the swingy (FL, OH, IA) and a few additional resources to the long shots with changing demographics to show they care (TX, TN, even Bama after that special election) instead of being dictated by the +34 D district of Nancy Pelosi because if they do that Trump will be the 4th name on the list of a fluke who got reelected.
If it weren't for massive voter fraud and unverifiable, opaque voting systems in Blue states, the odds are Democrats would NEVER win elections.

They win because they cheat, not because they have good ideas.

Because obviously all progressive "ideas" are miserable failures - and always have been.

While you're worrying about pushing your perverted morality on others, and recoiling in horror from anyone attempting to do the same to YOU, the Democrats have ruined America.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
If it weren't for massive voter fraud and unverifiable, opaque voting systems in Blue states, the odds are Democrats would NEVER win elections.

They win because they cheat, not because they have good ideas.

Because obviously all progressive "ideas" are miserable failures - and always have been.

While you're worrying about pushing your perverted morality on others, and recoiling in horror from anyone attempting to do the same to YOU, the Democrats have ruined America.
^^Fake News👎

Old 04-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You're correct with much of what you write, OP. Fortunately for the country, the national Democrat leadership doesn't have as much sense as you
So you mean he is correct hat we need a strong EPA , gun control, and shouldn't care what bathroom trans people use .

Interesting, but I guess Trump already proved that Republicans can support democratic ideals as long as there is an R beside the name.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
With all do respect, Alabama has more to do with Roy Moore being the worst canddiate possible.

Doug Jones probably loses by 20 points to anyone else .

But as for your argument of catering to the district, and not the Nancy Pelosi's of the world. I'm 100% sure that there are more conservative D's in Congress than liberal Republicans .

Old 04-10-2018, 08:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:

Let me put it this way.

Al was a fluke, it had more to do with voting against a candidate and not leaning anywhere near left or away from the GOP:
TX has a long way to go before they will vote Dem for president and if you think AZ is purple or even leaning, you have another thought coming. That is almost like saying CA could, under the right circumstance go red. Some of the other states you mentioned could go either way and I am sure the GOP knows this.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:40 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,657,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
With all do respect, Alabama has more to do with Roy Moore being the worst canddiate possible.

Doug Jones probably loses by 20 points to anyone else .

But as for your argument of catering to the district, and not the Nancy Pelosi's of the world. I'm 100% sure that there are more conservative D's in Congress than liberal Republicans .
I agree on Alabama. Mo Brooks or Luther Strange get nominated and Jones doesn't stand much of a chance. It seems at times that the electorate is determined to pull defeat from the jaws of victory with their voting in the primaries.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Al was a fluke, it had more to do with voting against a candidate and not leaning anywhere near left or away from the GOP:
TX has a long way to go before they will vote Dem for president and if you think AZ is purple or even leaning, you have another thought coming. That is almost like saying CA could, under the right circumstance go red. Some of the other states you mentioned could go either way and I am sure the GOP knows this.
Might I remind you that AZ voted for Clinton in 96, had a long term D Senator from 77 to 95, and is poised to possibly get another D Senator this fall. This state is not hard R anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections