Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 02:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
EXACTLY! It seems that all the trump supporters are anti-American TREASONOUS FASCISTS, just like Trump! They should all be deported to Russia!
I don't like Trump either, and I think the question of what would happen if he is found guilty is a valid one, but when you accuse all his supporters - including ordinary voters - of treason and fascism, you damage not only your credibility, but that of everyone else who might otherwise agree with you.

I will say the same thing to you that I would to those on the right who have suggested that all liberals are traitors: that degree of hatred towards one's political opponents is scary.

Having said that, the original question seems to remain unanswered:

If Trump was found, beyond all doubt, of wrongdoing, what would happen? Would his supporters still support him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 09:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wonder, do you do anything other than spend time finding things that make you feel better about the possibility Trump will be impeached or worse? You know, in your heart the chances are slim to none it is going to happen.
Well the chicken-**** GOP members are doing everything they can to avoid it, aren't they
And don't presume to know what is in my "heart"

Old 04-18-2018, 10:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't like Trump either, and I think the question of what would happen if he is found guilty is a valid one, but when you accuse all his supporters - including ordinary voters - of treason and fascism, you damage not only your credibility, but that of everyone else who might otherwise agree with you.

I will say the same thing to you that I would to those on the right who have suggested that all liberals are traitors: that degree of hatred towards one's political opponents is scary.

Having said that, the original question seems to remain unanswered:

If Trump was found, beyond all doubt, of wrongdoing, what would happen? Would his supporters still support him?
Or course they would
Look at McConnell's move not to allow the Senate bill (bipartisan) that would protect Mueller to go forward
Look at the move by some House GOP members to compel the DoJ to turn over Comey's notes--which are still part of Mueller's investigation and supposedly "top secret/confidential"
They just want to create a crisis and put Rosenstein in an untenable position--contempt of Congress or impeaching him--
The GOP Congressmembers are ostriches, hiding their heads and their consciences in the sand, about what might be uncovered....
They don't want to know--likely because they are also compromised--
I think the RNC got Russian money to fund their campaigns in 2016--maybe they didn't realize it until after the fact--then they were screwed
They have to keep the lid on Mueller's investigation because it would be death knell to the GOP

And anything that threatens Trump would never be believed by his base
If you have members of his cult believing a pizza restaurant in DC was involved in child-sex-trade in the basement based on Alex Jones's and others like Mike Flynn and his son's tweets--
Why would you think they would believe any truth from any media people
It would take Sean Hannity saying Donald Trump is a traitor --and that might not be enough
Maybe IVANKA coming out and saying her father was a tool of Russia would click---but that won't happen unless it is the only way to save Jared K...

Old 04-19-2018, 07:29 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Apparently, not all of us from the look of some of the replies to this and other threads.

Tit for tat has never been a legal defense, and it's seldom any good in an argument, either.
It is a defense in the schoolyard, but we should have grown up. You'd be hard-pressed to find a thread on CD that does not invoke that defense somewhere.

In my opinion, it is perfectly fine to point out hypocrisy when it is valid. But making that hypocrisy the cornerstone of an argument is weak.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:22 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I feel sorry for the suckers who have fallen for this false narrative of Trump colluding with Russia when there isn't a shred of evidence. How do they feel about Hillary colluding with Russia? Facts are there on a silver platter for all to see. Two-tier justice system.

By the way, it's irrelevant because collusion isn't a crime.
Do you think Biden won the election?

Old 05-16-2021, 03:41 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Do you think Biden won the election?
You ask this of Pilgrim's Progress?

Surely you jest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections