U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 PM

21,237 posts, read 14,265,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The DNC is still under the control of Hillary.

They're pushing the narrative hard about how she deserves a second chance because she got "cheated" which is ironic but that's the democrats business and I don't vote in primaries so *shrug* pass the popcorn.
No, it's not!
Not only doesn't Hillary have any control any longer, the entire DNC has been replaced. They were all booted last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM

51,681 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No, it's not!
Not only doesn't Hillary have any control any longer, the entire DNC has been replaced. They were all booted last year.
Wow...you just heard "replacements" and figured the DNC was correcting itself? You didn't even bother to check?

They replaced (for optics) Hillary leadership, with other Hillary loyalists.
However, they rooted out the Bernie folks and replaced them with Hillary loyalists.

Quote:
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez has stripped a number of longtime party officials of their “at-large” delegate status or leadership positions, while appointing a slate of 75 new members that include Clinton campaign veterans, lobbyists, and neophytes.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...z-dnc-shake-up

Hey, here's another excerpt.

Quote:
To add insult to injury, Perez also tapped several individuals who have lobbying or corporate-interest backgrounds—a move that has sparked criticism in the past. The pack of new delegates includes Joanne Dowdell, a registered lobbyist for Fox News parent company News Corp; Harold Ickes, a veteran of the Clinton White House; and Manuel Ortiz, a lobbyist for CITGO Petroleum Corp
Ok, so in the face of this information are you going to be able to discuss it with me?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:31 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Will liberals support an old white guy like Biden? I guess it's up to the other old white guy George Soros.
But Trump is and old white guy lol

Old 04-17-2018, 12:18 PM

51,681 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Yo Banjo, not ready to face the reality that Sanders supporters have been kicked out and replaced with Clinton loyalists?

I mean, the source I cited is actually left leaning and gave specific examples and everything.

Still think it's not going to be Hillary 2020?

FWIW I think she'll beat Trump in a re-match....but what if it's not Trump she faces?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:38 PM

21,237 posts, read 14,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yo Banjo, not ready to face the reality that Sanders supporters have been kicked out and replaced with Clinton loyalists?

I mean, the source I cited is actually left leaning and gave specific examples and everything.

Still think it's not going to be Hillary 2020?

FWIW I think she'll beat Trump in a re-match....but what if it's not Trump she faces?
2020 won't see either Clinton or Sanders on the ticket. Or Joe Biden.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:16 AM

71,707 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arresmillao View Post
Some people talking bout dream team ticket with Biden-Obama...
nightmare ticket if you ask me. I can not imagine Obama is even a little interested in returning to DC. Biden as we all know is really pushing it age wise, so he would not be a good choice so say what you want, I doubt many really think there is any chance this ticket could or should become a reality.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But Trump is and old white guy lol
There is a difference: Trump is already in the White house which gives him a huge advantage. He is also is little younger than Biden I believe. Biden is just an old nice white guy with not much leadership skill. Trump is the opposite except he is older.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:35 AM

26,435 posts, read 62,677,450 times
Joe Biden has no chance against Opra

Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Joe Biden has no chance against Opra
Opra isn't running either.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is a difference: Trump is already in the White house which gives him a huge advantage. He is also is little younger than Biden I believe. Biden is just an old nice white guy with not much leadership skill. Trump is the opposite except he is older.

Biden has been in politics most of his life. Trump knows nothing which explains all the turmoil he's causing. And I would rather have an old nice guy who is genuine and respectful than an old white guy who is nasty and disrespectful. The difference is Biden cares about our country, Trump only cares about himself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or