Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Haven't really paid much attention to Pence since think he is the lesser of the two evils elected but read article last night that opened my eyes about his danger to truth in government
His chief of staff Nick Ayers is someone who has enriched himself helping GOP politicians get elected--smart, pretty amoral, but religious---makes him a perfect GOP acolyte...

Apparently he is another man in the WH who has been allowed to keep his business which makes him extremely influential among other politicians and businesses--especially those in the media/campaign area because that's his job
Pence is just a doughboy that Ayers also has lot of influence steering his agenda and game plan--
Ayers was involved in Pence's campaign but didn't become CoS until later because Pence had no clue how to go about being VP--so Ayers saved his face and raised his profile

He is a young Manafort IMO opinion--after reading the Atlantic's profile of Manafort--except he is not as focused on being flamboyant and being noticed...
Which really makes him MORE dangerous to the process of truth in government...

https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/...rs-mike-pence/

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...closure-244005

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 07:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
he is the lesser of the two evils elected
Seriously? If you think Mike Pence, a Christian, is evil ...what did you think of Barack Obama?

I don't think Mike Pence has an evil bone in his body. It's a sad day in America when we have come to the point where we call "good," evil, and "evil," good.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Oh, yeah ...just look at your links: Huffington Post, Politico, and New Yorker! What a laugh!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
When has a site like Fox told the truth about corrupt GOP politicians?
If u believe Pence is pure as the driven snow go read snother thread
This is about Ayers and his hustory of shady campaign money dealings and his ability to benefit financially from his position since he still owns his campaign company

Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Haven't really paid much attention to Pence since think he is the lesser of the two evils elected but read article last night that opened my eyes about his danger to truth in government
His chief of staff Nick Ayers is someone who has enriched himself helping GOP politicians get elected--smart, pretty amoral, but religious---makes him a perfect GOP acolyte...

Apparently he is another man in the WH who has been allowed to keep his business which makes him extremely influential among other politicians and businesses--especially those in the media/campaign area because that's his job
Pence is just a doughboy that Ayers also has lot of influence steering his agenda and game plan--
Ayers was involved in Pence's campaign but didn't become CoS until later because Pence had no clue how to go about being VP--so Ayers saved his face and raised his profile

He is a young Manafort IMO opinion--after reading the Atlantic's profile of Manafort--except he is not as focused on being flamboyant and being noticed...
Which really makes him MORE dangerous to the process of truth in government...

https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/...rs-mike-pence/

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...closure-244005

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence
I have to wonder, do leftest ever read or listen to anything that might take a different approach to politics than HPost, Politco, or say NYorker or NY times for starters. You can read anything written by anyone that takes your side and think it is totally factual.

You ask when has FOX news taken a stand against corrupt GOP candidates, you tell us when the left leaning media has taken a stand against corrupt liberal candidates? And while you are thinking that one through, how about watching or listening to FOX for a change? You might be surprised. They have a number of Democrat and even liberal Democrats that are regular contributors.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:47 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Seriously? If you think Mike Pence, a Christian, is evil ...what did you think of Barack Obama?

I don't think Mike Pence has an evil bone in his body. It's a sad day in America when we have come to the point where we call "good," evil, and "evil," good.
So religious = good? I feel like I heard something about a scandal in the catholic church once or twice .

I'm not commenting on the thread but to claim Pence is "good" because he's a Christian is pure nonsense.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
So religious = good? I feel like I heard something about a scandal in the catholic church once or twice .

I'm not commenting on the thread but to claim Pence is "good" because he's a Christian is pure nonsense.
Some of the least Christian people I've ever come across are the self-proclaimed "Christians" on this site.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

He is a Christian and he is good. No one says he is good because he is a Christian. of course there are bad people who claim to be Christians and Christians who do o bad things. There are those who are not believers that are good people as well. There are Atheist and Agnostics who are not good.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-24-2018 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 01:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is a Christian and he is good.
Pence is good for nothing. He's a liar. A liar isn't good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections