Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Speaking to the largely leftist crowd, Obama suggested women might be facing a problem, as a gender, if around half of American women voted for Donald Trump.

"In light of this last election, I'm concerned about us as women and how we think," she said, according to The Hill. "What is going on in our heads where we let that happen, you know?"

She then implied that women have absorbed sexism, and that's why women selected a less qualified male candidate over a more qualified female candidate.

"When the most qualified person running was a woman, and look what we did instead, I mean that says something about where we are," she continued. "That's what we have to explore, because if we as women are still suspicious of one another, if we still have this crazy, crazy bar for each other that we don't have for men … if we're not comfortable with the notion that a woman could be our president compared to … what, then we have to have those conversations with ourselves as women."

It is, of course, entirely possible that women are capable of independent thought, and are not influenced by the general "sexism" of their Patriarchal community, and in comparing Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump decided that they would rather vote for Donald Trump based on any number of factors including, but not limited to, that he was not Hillary Clinton.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30332...-emily-zanotti

hmmm, thinking that women should think the same way because they are women. That seems pretty sexist to me. I thought libs were against sexism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 11:41 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
Quote:
It is, of course, entirely possible that women are capable of independent thought, and are not influenced by the general "sexism" of their Patriarchal community, and in comparing Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump decided that they would rather vote for Donald Trump based on any number of factors including, but not limited to, that he was not Hillary Clinton.
novel concept -- independent thought.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
novel concept -- independent thought.
yep, if you listen to democrats, everyone should be voting for democrats only, and not think about. and republicans do the same as well.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:49 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Hell, even we men can't understand how a man who thinks of women as meat and who cheats and lies to his own wife, can garner any support from any woman in this country. I am offended by his values, and I am a man.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Hell, even we men can't understand how a man who thinks of women as meat and who cheats and lies to his own wife, can garner any support from any woman in this country. I am offended by his values, and I am a man.
I know women who felt the same way about Hillary.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:55 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
I wonder what makes her think it had anything to do with gender?

Old 05-07-2018, 11:56 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I wonder what makes her think it had anything to do with gender?
Obviously because both candidates were white, so race was off the table and there is only one other thing left, gender.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Obviously because both candidates were white, so race was off the table and there is only one other thing left, gender.
So typical of liberals to think they have the right to tell me what and how to think. LOL, can you imagine if Hillary would have won.... disagree with her and the sexist card would be played.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
We know what's going on in her mind. It sounds like a pinball machine. Ding, ding, ding. When the game is over it says, low score try again.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Calling Hillary the more qualified candidate is like saying that death by carbon monoxide poisoning is less painful than death by overdose.

The entire election was like a long game of "Would You Rather..." that escalated too quickly.

"Would you rather go down a razor blade covered slide and land in salt or put bamboo splinters under your fingernails?"

" Would you rather elect a narcissistic Cheeto or a compulsively lying sociopath? "

"Wait, this was supposed to be a game!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections