Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 09:33 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Show some suburban moms and gun-loving rednecks images of nasty-looking Mexican and Central American immigrants and say they're all gang members and criminals, you're going to get a bad association. I'm sure you know better, but many people are not that smart, really.

are they gang members or criminals? makes a difference. rednecks ? who's profiling now...

this isn't that hard. people who are here legally have nothing to hide and don't act as such. I personally have a huge problem with illegals who burden our social support systems and openly break the law. it's not just being here illegally - many don't get proper drivers licenses, insurance, etc. - use the loopholes in the medical system that raise everyone's insurance rates, etc. I know this for a fact. There is nothing wrong with wanting the laws on the books enforced for the good of the country. common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:40 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I live in Georgia. I have seen those political ads. I can't wait to leave Georgia.

BTW, I've been applying to jobs outside of the state. If I'm offered one, I'll be gone.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Two GOP candidates campaigning on which one hates illegal immigrants more. I'm going to say right now that the article is wrong, it's not inherently racist to be against illegals, BUT this promotes racism against foreigners. And talking about it like it's hunting, and the people they capture is like "game", is gross.

https://youtu.be/5Q1cfjh6VfE
https://youtu.be/oCvtj0DqY4Y

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ole-new-level/
I'm over it already.

It may promote racism in some who see racism in everything and miss the message.

What I see are some making a clear distinction to distance themselves from those who value and want to support illegals over citizens and those who don't.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Two GOP candidates campaigning on which one hates illegal immigrants more. I'm going to say right now that the article is wrong, it's not inherently racist to be against illegals, BUT this promotes racism against foreigners. And talking about it like it's hunting, and the people they capture is like "game", is gross.

https://youtu.be/5Q1cfjh6VfE
https://youtu.be/oCvtj0DqY4Y

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ole-new-level/
You really ran with that. You turned campaigning on illegal immigration to racism against foreigners.
Neither one said anything about hunting game.

Quote:
Show some suburban moms and gun-loving rednecks images of nasty-looking Mexican and Central American immigrants and say they're all gang members and criminals, you're going to get a bad association. I'm sure you know better, but many people are not that smart, really.
Did I miss the images of nasty looking Mexican and Central American "immigrants". Did either candidate say anything about gang members.
So you are saying suburban moms and gun enthusiasts are stupid?

Quote:
And there's also all the people who say "it's not about Hispanic or any race, it's about illegal immigrants", and then you watch the video of the candidate with the bus that clearly says "straight back to Mexico".

Where would you think they would deport illegal aliens from Mexico to?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
And there's also all the people who say "it's not about Hispanic or any race, it's about illegal immigrants", and then you watch the video of the candidate with the bus that clearly says "straight back to Mexico".
Stuff like this is not going to sell me on Kemp. Yes, I am against illegally coming here. However, I'm not for the way this man is putting it. It is like he is saying "we should all be scared of Mexico/Latin America". It's yellow journalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

I live in Georgia, so I have to live with this stuff. I don't like it at all. I'm not pro-illegal at all. However, this is basically a subtle version of race baiting. And there is something else I don't like. I don't like that hyper-aggressive "good old boy" persona Kemp is trying to put on. There is being a man, and then there are Kemp's ads. I've never seen anything like it. He tries to portray himself as scary. Specifically, I'm talking about the commercial where he's pointing a gun at his daughter's date.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:18 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Stuff like this is not going to sell me on Kemp. Yes, I am against illegally coming here. However, I'm not for the way this man is putting it. It is like he is saying "we should all be scared of Mexico/Latin America". It's yellow journalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

I live in Georgia, so I have to live with this stuff. I don't like it at all. I'm not pro-illegal at all. However, this is basically a subtle version of race baiting. And there is something else I don't like. I don't like that hyper-aggressive "good old boy" persona Kemp is trying to put on. There is being a man, and then there are Kemp's ads. I've never seen anything like it. He tries to portray himself as scary. Specifically, I'm talking about the commercial where he's pointing a gun at his daughter's date.

Or the one where he's sitting in a old F150 talking about how he uses his pickup to round up illegals himself. He's gross.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Or the one where he's sitting in a old F150 talking about how he uses his pickup to round up illegals himself. He's gross.
Stuff like this, I won't be shocked if a Confederate flag appears in one of his ads.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:05 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Neither candidate stands a chance of winning. Chalk it up to desperation, nothing more. Their final vote tallies will tell the tale of their appeal. Not much.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM

I likely have neighbors who like Kemp's political ads. I have seen a few Brian Kemp signs on lawns popping up where I live. I found a Confederate flag flying in my subdivision. The latter kind of surprised me because while I've seen Confederate flags in other parts of the county I live in, I've never seen it fly in my subdivision.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
However, I'm not for the way this man is putting it. It is like he is saying "we should all be scared of Mexico/Latin America".
Can you show that quote? I've never gotten that impression. The impression I get is that he is against illegal immigration, but has no problem with legal immigration. Since that is basically the same way I feel about it, I haven't blown a head gasket over what he has said or done. The proof is in the pudding. If he has SS troops at the borders preventing all immigrants from entering (both legal and illegal), then I'll be concerned. However, if he is attempting to keep illegal immigrants out, I don't see a problem there. If I tried to run the border in many countries, I'd be shot on the spot or at the very least jailed in a hellhole and be used as a prison *****. What makes you think we should just welcome anyone to waltz across our borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections