Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM

730 posts, read 2,253,634 times

Advertisements

The view has aired by now. Did any of you watch it??
Details anyone? No TIVO.

It sounds like most people on this thread would only watch it to make fun of him- I was really intrested in watching it beacuse the setting is so different from the run of the mill press confrence/ rally.

I try to watch/keep up will all the candiates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:01 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I watched and it was the same b.s. Barbara and Elisabeth asked good questions but the answer from Obama is so long that by the time he is finished you are almost lost of what he is trying to get accross. Again Obama stated that only little bit of the sermon was taken and Elisabeth said that these things were even on the DVD that the church sells. Of course, Obama said it was all taken out of context and how many different backgrounds there were in his family....blablabla. So again hot air and hope, change and whipped cream, no mash patatoes.
If Obama should ever become the president.....I guess the foreign leaders of State have a lot of fun, because by the time Obama is finished they will be just as far as where they started. Only if Obama reads it from a paper he is great. Probable written by some one else, maybe the rev.? I suggest Obama let his hair grow long so nobody will notice that he has to wear an ear piece so some one else can clearly and short state what it is, what's it all about!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
I watched it, home sick today. It is clear that Obama is a well spoken and intelligent person, as opposed to McCain.They spent about 15 minutes on the video of his former Pastor, he's retired now, with Elizabeth and Barbara asking the questions about the pastor. I think he has explained it well enough to put this o the back burner. The other 30 minutes were on different topics. I think he did a good job and didn't beat around the bush like many politians do. Personnally, I think the media, Clinton supporters and Rupubs have overblown this topic and its time to get back to the issues. By the way, they all invited McCain and Clinton to be on the show. I not a Supporter of either Obama, Clinton, nor McCain. Not impresses with any of them yet.

Last edited by trlhiker; 03-28-2008 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
NOEM1226 you are so right about those people as you read bentlebee's typical response trashing his appearance on The View. I thought you should get the real opinion of a Obama supporter and not some twisted version. He did an excellent job answering all their questions. The answers were not long, just honest without lies added in to make himself look better. He does go into detail in answering questions because he wants to make sure the person asking receives the appropriate answer to their question. His economy explanation was also well answered and was a stark contrast with McCain's position on the economy as he explained why. I enjoyed the interview as most Obama supporters would as he proves to be the more "Presidential" candidate as he continues on his "high road" and Hillary takes the "low road".

Old 03-28-2008, 12:59 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I watched and it was the same b.s. Barbara and Elisabeth asked good questions but the answer from Obama is so long that by the time he is finished you are almost lost of what he is trying to get accross. Again Obama stated that only little bit of the sermon was taken and Elisabeth said that these things were even on the DVD that the church sells. Of course, Obama said it was all taken out of context and how many different backgrounds there were in his family....blablabla. So again hot air and hope, change and whipped cream, no mash patatoes.
If Obama should ever become the president.....I guess the foreign leaders of State have a lot of fun, because by the time Obama is finished they will be just as far as where they started. Only if Obama reads it from a paper he is great. Probable written by some one else, maybe the rev.? I suggest Obama let his hair grow long so nobody will notice that he has to wear an ear piece so some one else can clearly and short state what it is, what's it all about!!!
Hahahahhaaa.....sounds like a typical sentence that would come from a LOSER

Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
If anyone is getting hateful dm's, kindly forward them to one of the mods here. We have those gold stars by our usernames.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
B. Hussein Obama supports are bullies!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:39 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,257 times
Hillary supporters are aliens. They tend to see things differently.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Yeledaf supporters are angels. They sprinkle pixie dust and sawbucks everywhere they flit.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
I saw it this morning and Obama answered all the questions regarding his pastor and what was said. He was asked a range of questions including Whoopi"s what are the first 3 things you will do first if elected which included Iraq & healthcare. Overall he did well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections