U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-01-2018, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,735 posts, read 6,312,833 times
Reputation: 11567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Rasmussen always favors the Republicans. Letís hear some other polls.
Huh? That's why its the RCP average of polls. It takes those polls biased against Dems, those biased against Republicans, and those that are more middle of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2018, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,735 posts, read 6,312,833 times
Reputation: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
NOBODY deserves the current Republican Party rule. They are a bunch of scared lemmings who let our ignorant President lead them to the sea. It will take many years to try to reverse the stupid things Trump has done to America.

However, when peeps in Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan start losing thousands of jobs due to the new tariffs, maybe they will wake up and see the light.
The people of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan wanted the tariffs and voted for President Trump precisely because he said he'd impose them. Whether they work or not, they want someone who is fighting for them instead of wholly selling out to big business as far too many Democrats and Republicans have done in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2018, 08:48 PM
 
7,043 posts, read 7,002,885 times
Reputation: 5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The people of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan wanted the tariffs and voted for President Trump precisely because he said he'd impose them. Whether they work or not, they want someone who is fighting for them instead of wholly selling out to big business as far too many Democrats and Republicans have done in the past.
So Trump supporters in those states donít care if they lose their jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2018, 09:20 PM
 
Location: On the Great South Bay
7,138 posts, read 9,919,413 times
Reputation: 6424
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So Trump supporters in those states donít care if they lose their jobs?
They will loose their jobs if we just continue the policies of the last several decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2018, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,735 posts, read 6,312,833 times
Reputation: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
They will loose their jobs if we just continue the policies of the last several decades.


Honestly, this is one thing I don't get about some on both the right and left who are criticizing our President's diplomacy, etc. They shout that he's breaking so many "diplomatic norms" and what not. But I say, so what? What have these norms gotten us in the past? President Trump's style is going to get us closer than we've ever gotten to peace on the Korean Peninsula than what all of the so-called "experts" have gotten us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2018, 02:45 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,339 posts, read 11,558,074 times
Reputation: 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post


Honestly, this is one thing I don't get about some on both the right and left who are criticizing our President's diplomacy, etc. They shout that he's breaking so many "diplomatic norms" and what not. But I say, so what? What have these norms gotten us in the past? President Trump's style is going to get us closer than we've ever gotten to peace on the Korean Peninsula than what all of the so-called "experts" have gotten us.
What has Trump actually done though ???? I have yet to see anyone other than Trump's own team say he actually did anything that caused North Korea to finally come to the table. The North and South have been talking for 3 years, so its probably more South Korea than Trump.

As for Tariffs and so on, Trade policy affects jobs that are directly linked to trade. Not really that hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2018, 03:36 AM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,735 posts, read 6,312,833 times
Reputation: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What has Trump actually done though ???? I have yet to see anyone other than Trump's own team say he actually did anything that caused North Korea to finally come to the table. The North and South have been talking for 3 years, so its probably more South Korea than Trump.

As for Tariffs and so on, Trade policy affects jobs that are directly linked to trade. Not really that hard to understand.
Well, the South Korean president all but said so when he stated that POTUS deserves significant credit and even Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts on this issue: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/polit...rea/index.html and https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1I10OD. The word of the South Korean President mean a whole lot more to me than the attacks coming from detractors like Nancy Pelosi and John McCain on this issue.

But we've had the pressure campaign, which was greatly intensified by POTUS; increased sanctions; and an increased willingness to talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2018, 03:40 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,339 posts, read 11,558,074 times
Reputation: 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Well, the South Korean president all but said so when he stated that POTUS deserves significant credit and even Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts on this issue: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/polit...rea/index.html and https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1I10OD. The word of the South Korean President mean a whole lot more to me than the attacks coming from leftists like Nancy Pelosi on this issue.

But we've had the pressure campaign, which was greatly intensified by POTUS; increased sanctions; and an increased willingness to talk.
So he continued what President Obama did ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2018, 04:50 AM
 
5,448 posts, read 1,552,961 times
Reputation: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So he continued what President Obama did ?
Obama failed to convince Kim that America was strong.
Trump made Kim believe the military option was for real.
Peace via strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2018, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,735 posts, read 6,312,833 times
Reputation: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Obama failed to convince Kim that America was strong.
Trump made Kim believe the military option was for real.
Peace via strength.
Pretty much. It took a different kind of leadership and pressure. I note that the South Korean president didn't say that President Obama deserved another Nobel Peace Prize for his "work."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top