Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 05:22 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,233,841 times

Advertisements

There was an old Steve Martin movie back in the day called “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid” where Martin’s character goes batshyte crazy whenever he hears the words “cleaning woman”.

The cons here do the same thing when they hear the word “Hillary”.

Only they mention it themselves because they like being batshyte crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 09:26 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,668,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The fact is, once a nominee loses the Presidency, that's it. They're out of presidential politics from then on.

That doesn't prohibit them from writing a book doing interviews or all the rest, and they almost all do. Most still appear as talking heads for their party, too.

Hillary's days are done. Right now, there is no frontrunner. Don't expect one to emerge until 2019 at the earliest.
Normally, I'd agree 100%. This time, I agree about 98%. Doesn't Hillary still have a large stake in the DNC? Didn't she leverage the DNC in 2016 by pretty much making all of their fundraising through her? If she still has that stake in the party, I could see it happening. I don't know if the DNC has the backbone to say "Thanks, but no thanks."

The party needs to move on from the Clintons and from the rest of the old guard (Pelosi, etc). Get some fresh faces in there. Come Nov 2018, Republicans are going to be attacking many non-flawed Democratic candidates for the House by simply talking about Pelosi. A vote for Smith(D) is a vote for Pelosi. And she is such a demon.... that battlecry will work too.

Sure, Democrats could install a different minority leader and then that person would become the punching bag. However, for better or for worse, Pelosi is toxic in the voters' minds. People won't get past certain things. Party should move on.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:22 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,292,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Normally, I'd agree 100%. This time, I agree about 98%. Doesn't Hillary still have a large stake in the DNC? Didn't she leverage the DNC in 2016 by pretty much making all of their fundraising through her? If she still has that stake in the party, I could see it happening. I don't know if the DNC has the backbone to say "Thanks, but no thanks."

The party needs to move on from the Clintons and from the rest of the old guard (Pelosi, etc). Get some fresh faces in there. Come Nov 2018, Republicans are going to be attacking many non-flawed Democratic candidates for the House by simply talking about Pelosi. A vote for Smith(D) is a vote for Pelosi. And she is such a demon.... that battlecry will work too.

Sure, Democrats could install a different minority leader and then that person would become the punching bag. However, for better or for worse, Pelosi is toxic in the voters' minds. People won't get past certain things. Party should move on.
I think if you asked most people who arent political, but do vote about who Pelosi is or rather, what there view of her is, they would likely just shrug their shoulders.

only politicos care about Pelosi or Schumer, or Ryan or McConnell and anyone who cares about them is going to vote for the side of the aisle they like.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:57 PM

77,702 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Hillary 2020 appearing on 2 TV shows showing her in a glowing light this week and trying to make her seem more human and accessible (Like Bill playing the Sax on SNL).

Throw in the Bill & Hillary tour that is starting up as well.

She's running, just like the "tours" she went on in 2014.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:19 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,564,654 times
https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ent/919559002/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...president-2020

Montana Governor.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:23 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,233,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Trump steamrolls any of them.
What a pathetic group.
His base isn’t large enough to “steamroll” any of them. Every D nominee since 1996 has gotten at least 48% of the popular vote. That’s their base. The D base is too large and the R base too small for Trump to “steamroll” anyone. If he wins, it will probably by stitching another win together in the Electoral College while getting crushed again in the national popular vote. George W. Bush in 2004 is the only R candidate since 1992 to receive more total votes. How can you “steamroll” anyone if you can’t even get more votes than your opponent?

As far as his state level approval is concerned, he’s currently underwater in the following states he carried in 2016:

Arizona
Iowa
Michigan
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Utah
Wisconsin

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections