Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
A Joe Biden/Kamala Harris ticket would be a formidable opponent for any GOP candidate.
Why Harris, because she fits the Obama mold of a minority political neophyte?

Lets face it, before Trump lowered the bar by lacking any political or military experience, Obama was as low as you could go.
His claim to fame (or infamy to some) was being a "community activist". That is just putting lipstick on a pig, instead of calling him a leftist rabble rouser. Yet, with barely any experience (which he himself admitted) he becomes our president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftbN4UmAK3o

So the only reason I can think you or other (D) would want Harris, is the hope that identity politics will carry the day.
Otherwise you couldn't really think she is qualified to be the potus.

Biden of course is a different subject, as he has plenty of experience, all be it lacking common sense and being wrong on many important issues.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Trump grabs them because he's famous, he says "they let you do it".
The irony of his comment is that assuming he actually did what he now claims was "locker room boasting", is that they must have allowed him to do it.
Granted many women under normal circumstances might slap the daylights out of a guy for such a uncouth action.
Heck some might presumably have even called the police if a guy did that. But apparently none did in his case.
Maybe some felt they could benefit from his attention, while still others may have responded positively to it in kind.

Now before you at that last sentence, I've been around the block a few times, and can tell you everyone gets turned on in different ways, and has some unusually aggressive mating tactics.
For example, I was just sitting at a bar having a beer and talking to a friend. All of a sudden a girl got down on her knees and lightly bit my you know what. I almost jumped up from the stool, as it completely caught me off guard ( I didn't even see her coming until she was right on top of me ).
She got up, smiled at me and went over to her friend who was watching, and they both walked outside of the bar. Needless to say being a single guy I pursued her out the door, and they were cracking up and saying she had done it on a dare. However, she was also open to us hooking up, and we had some fun for a few weeks.
The point of the story is that most women would never do such a thing, but it worked on me.
I know, I know, you are going to say I'm a guy, and that type of a thing as wild as it was, would work on any of us.
But it could also work on some women who like very aggressive guys.

BTW - When I first heard of Trump's crotch grabbing claims, it reminded me of this movie;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHTPLpY8mBI

`

Old 06-06-2018, 11:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default 2020 Democratic field; forget about Clintons, finally

Big names I don't think will be in the running:

Biden
Sanders
Warren

Possibilities:

Booker
Landrieu (LA Lt Gov and New Orleans mayor)

Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Big names I don't think will be in the running:

Biden
Sanders
Warren

Possibilities:

Booker
Landrieu (LA Lt Gov and New Orleans mayor)

Biden- Might win
Sanders- Lose
Warren- Lose

Booker- Lose
Landrieu- Lose

Old 06-06-2018, 01:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
I like Biden.

But he's too old.

It really is that simple.

The Dems are in need of a new generation of leaders.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:22 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I like Biden.

But he's too old.

It really is that simple.

The Dems are in need of a new generation of leaders.

They're out there. They just haven't become well-known yet, but by 2020, some of them will be.

2018 will be a lot like the 2010 election, when a big bunch of young, new Republicans reached national prominence for the first time. By 2012, some were entering the Presidential primaries.
They all showed up because their party was in bad need of fresh bloodlines. That was proven in 2006 and 2008.

There's no difference in that need, as both parties need periodic infusions of youth, new ideas, and new directions. Now it's the Democrat's turn. By 2020, someone fresh will be ready. That person may still be a dark horse, but no longer a complete unknown.

It's a natural force in our politics. Times change, the electorate changes, and so do the people in Congress, with the White House always a bit behind the times.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:09 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
They're out there. They just haven't become well-known yet, but by 2020, some of them will be.
The top democrats are not quietly stepping aside though.

Pelosi oversaw one of the worst declines in the history of the democratic party and kept her job.

Hillary still has control over the DNC, maybe even more than in 2016.

I have some extremely liberal friends and family that are frankly irate over the state of the democratic party but they don't have any other options. I'm more equal-opportunity nauseated with both parties since they're so similar.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The top democrats are not quietly stepping aside though.

Pelosi oversaw one of the worst declines in the history of the democratic party and kept her job.
She also oversaw the largest net gain of the Democratic party in 60 years.

Numbers to numbers, there were 206 Democrats in the House when she took office, there are 194 now. We are talking about a net change of 12 seats.

Quote:
Hillary still has control over the DNC, maybe even more than in 2016.

I have some extremely liberal friends and family that are frankly irate over the state of the democratic party but they don't have any other options. I'm more equal-opportunity nauseated with both parties since they're so similar.

Its more about the Moderates controlling the Democratic party than it is Hillary Clinton. Remember, Tom Perez is a Martin O'Malley/Obama guy.

Most of the State Parties leaders came up through the ranks and dont necessarily belong to any president in that respect, the DNC has no control over the state parties other than giving them money, but since the parties are free to fund raise without the National Party and have always done so and basically self fund, that's moot.

The point is, most of what you define as the DNC has nothing to do with Clinton.

The DNC =

State Party chairman And Highest ranking officer of the opposite sex ( 114 members, 50(x2) states+ DC, Guam, VI, DC, PR, Am Samoa, NMI

Top 4 Democrats in congress

Top 3 Mayors from Democratic Mayors Conference

Top 3 Democrats from DLCC(state legislators)

Top 3 City Council from Municipal Dems conference

Top 3 Governors

Top 2 from each group of Democratic Members of State wide elected offices (LT. Gov., Sec of State, Auditor, Attorneys general.......)

Top 2 Young Democrats

Top 2 College Dems

all in all it adds up to about 270 people, and Clinton may have had the power to pick 30 of them.

The state of the Democratic Party(National, State, County) has more to do with decentralization caused by people like the Berniecrats, than it does with Hillary Clinton.

If you are a Democrat and you vote in our Primaries, then you likely voted for the DNC member that represents you in one way or another, and you absolutely do in Presidential years when you cast a vote for the Delegates.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Biden- Might win
Sanders- Lose
Warren- Lose

Booker- Lose
Landrieu- Lose
Landrieu might have some appeal out there, Booker as well. Sanders and Warren are disliked by fellow Democrats, LOL.

Biden/Kander 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my pick right now.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If it wasn't for Sanders being the only other candidate running against Clinton (the others were simply sock puppets put up by the DNC) I would agree with you that talking this early is premature. The fact is though in the midterms we see a potential of candidates running. 2008's election was the start. I mean wasn't Obama Girl around after the 2006 midterms by a few weeks?
LOL, thats because Barack Obama technically announced his candidacy on January 16, 2007. A great reason why I dislike Bernie Sanders. He waited till what, May to officially announce, but wonders why there were less debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections