Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am just an interested outside observer. I have predicted here for many months, in my posts that Trump could win quite easily in 2020.

He is a curious man. Self delusional, vindictive, and a liar. He praises dictators, and attacks his allies. But, he is a man who was long overdue for Americans. Many citizens are sick to death of the way America has been drifting for decades.

He has managed to ride the wave of an improving economy, that began long before he became President. He boasts loudly, but has actually achieved very little.

Meeting Kim of Korea, a meeting the NK leadership have wanted for decades, is no great achievement. Kim has wanted to be the big man internationally for a long time. Now, we have a POTUS praising him as being not a bad guy. Plus he loves his half starved people..........

But, it's all about the economy at the end of the day. Donald is waving the big stick, and many Americans like that. He says the things they want to hear. He insults his allies, and tears up agreements which took years to negotiate.

Trade tariffs work both ways. If leaders get carried away with tit for tat actions, we could have a world wide recession down the line. America has good trade deals with most of the world. The one country who really is taking advantage is China.

The Dems are like rabbits caught in the headlights. They are partly to blame for all this. Americans are fed up of folks like Hillary Clinton being put up as a candidate just because it's their turn. She was done as soon as her heels were on display being dragged into that vehicle.

They have better find someone good....... real good. The candidate has better have some fighting spirit, because Trump will try and rip him apart. He is good at discovering weakness, and then giving it a nickname. It will be a him....... they won't chance another female candidate at this time.

But the days of day dreaming of Trump draining the swamp are over - he is the swamp. His family are busy enriching themselves, as tent cities get bigger. Hard working folks are turning their eyes away. There but for the grace of God go I. Most Republican politicians seem intimidated, and frightened of crossing Donald Trump. As usual, they are putting their own careers first, before what's good for America.

I just hope Trump will not trigger a world wide recession, and get through his time in office without anything truly awful happening. His base will stand by him no matter what.

Excellent post.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Excellent post.
It's one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

The economy is soaring to the point the left doesn't bring it up anymore.

He's not attacking our allies: he's finally advocating for fair trade deals with allies who've been taking advantage of us for years.

He's doing great, and consumer optimism in the US is surging.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:09 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I don't think you speak for "most" of the country.
Pretty sure I do. Those who support trump obviously don’t want us to be the greatest power anymore. I get it, you don’t care as long as trump puts America first. But that comes with consequences which is going to hurt us in the long run. When our previous presidents spoke with other nations they were respected and listened too. Trump has alienated our allies but you don’t see them begging him. They have tried to rationalize with him but trump isn’t rational, so they are moving on without us. Our country will soon be isolated which I guess is what trump wants.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:20 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:

He's not attacking our allies: he's finally advocating for fair trade deals with allies who've been taking advantage of us for years.

Quote:
consumer optimism
United States Consumer Sentiment

"In contrast, expectations declined to the lowest level since the start of the year due to less favorable prospects for the overall economy."
<snip>
"Both current and future conditions subindexes declined, mainly due to concerns about the potential impact of President Trump's trade policies on the domestic economy, preliminary estimates showed."
_______
If you're thinking about buying a new car this year, you may want to rethink that idea ... just saying.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
United States Consumer Sentiment

"In contrast, expectations declined to the lowest level since the start of the year due to less favorable prospects for the overall economy."
<snip>
"Both current and future conditions subindexes declined, mainly due to concerns about the potential impact of President Trump's trade policies on the domestic economy, preliminary estimates showed."
_______
If you're thinking about buying a new car this year, you may want to rethink that idea ... just saying.
Actually I am. But I don't buy new, I buy used and pay cash. I don't pay interest other than the mortgage.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Actually I am. But I don't buy new, I buy used and pay cash. I don't pay interest other than the mortgage.
same here ...

Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
same here ...
I'm only thinking about it cuz I may give my prized Honda with 120k miles to my kid. Not sure yet - he's got some work to do.

I'd be happy to take that bad boy over 200k or whatever.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
If he keeps on doing great things for America, I think he will. He is the only President, that has come thru with his promises....and is doing what he was elected to do.

He is looking to America's Future, trying to establish some sense to it all, and by breaking down illegal smuggling, be it drugs, humans or children.

A great leader isn't afraid of making unpopular decisions for the greater good.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If he keeps on doing great things for America, I think he will. He is the only President, that has come thru with his promises....and is doing what he was elected to do.

He is looking to America's Future, trying to establish some sense to it all, and by breaking down illegal smuggling, be it drugs, humans or children.

A great leader isn't afraid of making unpopular decisions for the greater good.
I liked your first two paragraphs. The third....not so much.

The people....average Americans in our case....determine what is the greater good. And most of Trump's decisions have been very popular with average Americans.

History is a landfill of politicians who thought they knew better than the people what was good for them. Barack Obama a prime example. A great leader doesn't have to sell anyone on what is the greater good. The people determine that and elect a great leader of similar mind to get it done.

The way I would put your third paragraph is that a great leader isn't afraid of ruffling the feathers of people who don't matter - CNN and most other media reporters, sold-out establishment Republicans, and the rapidly retreating political hard left. In other words, people out of sync with the greater good.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:23 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:

I agree. I stopped reading when I got to "...of course he loves his (Kim's) half starved people". Just another Left Wing zealot trying to appear informed.

I remember back when the tax cut "wasn't going to effect anyone except the rich". That didn't work for Lefty, either.

They'll keep trying.
Hey!....... Maybe if they call him "Orange", that would work!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections