U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:13 AM

4,069 posts, read 1,560,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Just shows ya. You can be a sociopathic, lying, crotch grabbing, back stabbing, childish name calling, delusional, non swamp draining fool, and still become President of the United States these days. These are desperate times for sure.

Makes it even worse the Dems haven't got a decent person ready to take him on. Chickens have come home to roost for sure. Americans are so sick to death of cheating politicians in general, that such a man as Trump could well be reelected.

I'll say one thing though. His lies are getting ever fancier. Parents of dead American soldiers buried in North Korea are asking him to bring their bodies home huh? How old must they be again these parents? I heard about 110.

Jeebus, Bill has been out of office for a long time. Just let it go.

I suspect the President Trump will not seek re-election., so we will segue to President Pence.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:15 AM

8,565 posts, read 6,152,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
They had a terrible candidate, but we all know how well that strategy worked 6 and 10 years ago when they had a decent canidate.

He instantly got 90% of an entire demographic just for being black. There are a lot more women in this country than African Americans. A good female candidate will get a stupid portion of female voters just for having a vagina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZgfSrsBv-4
And that'll never happen again. Nor will women ever vote in unison as a group. The stupid ones won't be enough.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 AM

11,142 posts, read 2,757,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
I suspect President Trump will not seek re-election.
Remember the famous white board in Steve Bannon's office, with the Trump agenda? If every item gets checked off by 2020 then Trump might retire. At the rate he's going, that's entirely possible.

I could see him advising populist movements in Europe which want to break away from the EU, which is what Bannon has been doing. It would be great if they got the old team back together to save the world!

Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM

482 posts, read 140,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And that'll never happen again. Nor will women ever vote in unison as a group. The stupid ones won't be enough.
I disagree 100%

The majority of voters in this country are completely uniformed. A good female candidate without a lot of dirt on her and a rather short political record that is actually likable will garner millions upon millions of female votes simply because female voters will be able to identify with her.

One of the reasons Trump was so successful in this last election was simply the fact that he talks in a no-nonsense type way that millions upon millions of Americans could identify with.

Identity politics are alive and well in the United States.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:28 AM

8,565 posts, read 6,152,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
I disagree 100%

The majority of voters in this country are completely uniformed. A good female candidate without a lot of dirt on her and a rather short political record that is actually likable will garner millions upon millions of female votes simply because female voters will be able to identify with her.

One of the reasons Trump was so successful in this last election was simply the fact that he talks in a no-nonsense type way that millions upon millions of Americans could identify with.

Identity politics are alive and well in the United States.
Now you're associating Trump's success with identity politics?

End of discussion. Have a nice day.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 PM

3,545 posts, read 2,237,412 times
If he chooses to run he will win. I see NOBODY on the Left who can beat him. As for being primaried, how'd that work out last time ?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:26 PM

482 posts, read 140,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Now you're associating Trump's success with identity politics?

End of discussion. Have a nice day.
i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

A tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

Trump's success is the epitome of identity politics. Did you even college bro?

Why am I thinking that you probably actually drive a 95 Crown Victoria

Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM

71,983 posts, read 83,671,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Jeebus, Bill has been out of office for a long time. Just let it go.

I suspect the President Trump will not seek re-election., so we will segue to President Pence.
Out of curiosity what makes you think he will not run in 2020? I really almost hope he doesn't but I still wonder why you think that. We all know he is pretty unpredictable but he is indicating he will. I am not sure Pence would get the nomination even though I like him.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:13 PM

5,011 posts, read 1,807,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I will be surprised if he actually runs again. I know he's been campaigning again ever since he set foot in office, but I just do not know if he'll have it in him to go through another 4 years if he were to win, so it's possible he might just call his mission complete and ride off into the sunset to Trump Tower or something.

I don't think he really likes the job itself. The attention? Yes. The negative attention? No.

If he has many more blunders he may begin to think it too risky. This is a guy known for pulling up stakes when a deal doesn't go as he planned.

Big question is... how much more money is being president making his other companies? If it's a LOT of money (I suspect it is), he may feel like he has to run again and try to secure the presidency for a 2nd term just because it's better for his bottom line, even IF he has no real interest in being president.
That's a good point, that he hates this job. I agree that he might hang up the boxing gloves after this round, claiming victory and that he achieved MAGA of course. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 PM

8,771 posts, read 4,444,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He won't run, he'll be impeached for crimes against this country.
Pence, his vp, guarantees Trump won't be impeached ... stop looking to those investigations as if they will produce anything. Ain't gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or