U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,013 posts, read 2,740,700 times
Reputation: 6945

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and their is the admission... the leftist cities are more important.... density of a city counts more than any other area, because it is liberal...screw everyone else
It has nothing to do with them being liberal, it has everything to do with them having more population.


You clearly do not believe in 1 man, 1 vote.


Quote:
because leftists are elitists
It is actually you who are being elitist. You believe rural people are more deserving and better than urban people. That's why you want to give them disproportionate power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2018, 08:02 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,055,432 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It has nothing to do with them being liberal, it has everything to do with them having more population.


You clearly do not believe in 1 man, 1 vote.



It is actually you who are being elitist. You believe rural people are more deserving and better than urban people. That's why you want to give them disproportionate power.
so you feel we should be 50 different countries then... because you certainly are not being supportive of 50 UNITED states


because NO-ONE would want their state.. like Maine with a total population of 1.3 million to be NEGATED by a city like Chicago at nearly 3 million
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,013 posts, read 2,740,700 times
Reputation: 6945
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you feel we should be 50 different countries then... because you certainly are not being supportive of 50 UNITED states

because NO-ONE would want their state.. like Maine with a total population of 1.3 million to be NEGATED by a city like Chicago at nearly 3 million
It ALREADY IS "negated" by a city like Chicago.


My own state of 6 million is "negated" by a state like California with 39 million. Or Texas with 28 million.



Do I care?


No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Atlanta metro (Cobb County)
1,567 posts, read 748,656 times
Reputation: 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you feel we should be 50 different countries then... because you certainly are not being supportive of 50 UNITED states


because NO-ONE would want their state.. like Maine with a total population of 1.3 million to be NEGATED by a city like Chicago at nearly 3 million
If the current system is unfair, what would you propose as a better alternative? Should the candidate who carries the majority of counties win the state, regardless of their population discrepancies? Or better yet, should the candidate win that carries counties adding up to the majority of the state's area, so that one can look at a map and easily determine the winner without having any idea of the population patterns? Maybe we should just suspend elections and "give it to Trump" ... he said that half-seriously, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,471 posts, read 12,317,065 times
Reputation: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and their is the admission... the leftist cities are more important.... density of a city counts more than any other area, because it is liberal...screw everyone else





Jimmy boy, sorry... we all know you are a far leftist... so of course your going to be arguing your point




every leftist argues to screw the little guy... because leftists are elitists


No the founding fathers of the United States of America devised a system , called the 'electorial college' that gives the little guy an Edge over the mega cities and the more densely populated areas of the United States of America.

The Smaller states in the United States exercise more political muscles over the larger more densely populated states buy something called the electorial college.

The Electoral College is the only way that Donald Trump won the presidency!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 09:05 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,055,432 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No the founding fathers of the United States of America devised a system , called the 'electorial college' that gives the little guy an Edge over the mega cities and the more densely populated areas of the United States of America.

The Smaller states in the United States exercise more political muscles over the larger more densely populated states buy something called the electorial college.

The Electoral College is the only way that Donald Trump won the presidency!!!!
Thank goodness, that hitlery did not win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 09:54 PM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,462 posts, read 3,302,347 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And that would be significant if land mattered rather than people.
Dems mostly focused on large urban areas, and states on the west coast and northeast, which is why they lost in 2016. They are nothing but coast party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 PM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,462 posts, read 3,302,347 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post


It is actually you who are being elitist. You believe rural people are more deserving and better than urban people. That's why you want to give them disproportionate power.
Leftist elites hate poor and middle class Americans. What's funny is the leftist elites campaign on helping poor people so they can protect them from the evil 1%. When they get elected, they do little to nothing to help them. Take a look at California, one of the most liberal states in the country. There's homeless living under the freeway or living in a tent on a sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Houston
1,636 posts, read 572,055 times
Reputation: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
if the liberals keep showing that illegals mean more than actual citizens, and that benefits for illegals mean more than a solid middleclass... they are going to lose more votes than they think they are gaining


liberals keep forgetting about the workingclass/middleclass
This is what I keep saying too. They are making a huge fuss about these illegal kids instead of showing us how they will lower taxes or make American life easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 12:32 AM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,471 posts, read 12,317,065 times
Reputation: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Leftist elites hate poor and middle class Americans. What's funny is the leftist elites campaign on helping poor people so they can protect them from the evil 1%. When they get elected, they do little to nothing to help them. Take a look at California, one of the most liberal states in the country. There's homeless living under the freeway or living in a tent on a sidewalk.
(1)Number one the weather is great in California.

(2)Number two it is illegal and Unconstitutional to stop a homeless person from being a homeless person and living on the streets.

(3) number 3 there are empty beds in the homeless shelters in California , but the homeless will not occupy them , because they would have to follow rules and instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top