U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2018, 04:13 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,494 posts, read 4,223,982 times
Reputation: 9809

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
what candidate will the Dems run in 2020?


Obama was a once in a lifetime candidate
I heard that Hillary is dusting off her vodka bottle, taking some personality classes, and is prepared to try yet again -- after all, it's her turn, damn it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2018, 07:36 AM
 
60 posts, read 32,393 times
Reputation: 235
The reality of democracies is that they work only as long as most people have reasonable faith that they have a say in the outcome. The founders of the republic recognized this factor in the creation of the constitution and the fact that we are a nation of states. That might not have happened had the great compromise not occurred, nor things like the bill of rights and especially the 9th and 10th amendments to limit the federal governments power over the states. It was crafted to give all parties a reason to join: small states vs large, aristocrat vs common, and even slave owning vs non slave owning. Without it, we would have been several countries or more likely would have found ourselves as continued colonies to the great powers of the time: England, France, and Spain.

I only bring this up because the nation will fail to be if the underlying reasons for being together go away. Namely, the belief of one out of many, the belief in the rule of law, the belief that we have more strength as a common land. If the nation becomes just big cities (left) vs. rural (right), it will eventually fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,894 posts, read 16,269,842 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and their is the admission... the leftist cities are more important.... density of a city counts more than any other area, because it is liberal...screw everyone else





Jimmy boy, sorry... we all know you are a far leftist... so of course your going to be arguing your point




every leftist argues to screw the little guy... because leftists are elitists
Have you not noticed that you are the only one ascribing a value to what is a completely neutral concept?

Density carries more weight because of density, period.
It has nothing to do with political leanings.

If those same cities were inhabited by a majority of conservatives, would you dismiss them so contemptuously?

Iím betting not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,894 posts, read 16,269,842 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh 1 million is more important than 10k or 100k... fine

so NYC...
New York city(the city not the state) has a bigger population than over 10 other states COMBINED

nyc population 8.3 million

wyoming 544k
vermont 621k
n. dakota 640k
alaska 690k
s. dakota 821k
delaware 885k
montana 974k
rhode island 1.01 million
hawaii 1.2 million
maine 1.3 million

total 7.8 million

10 states combined less than the population of NY CITY


so according to you..NYC is MORE important than these 10 states


heck NYC 8.3 million is more than your state of Missouri at 6.1 million... so my city is more important than your state..according to you
No! Not more important.

Just more than.

The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 08:30 AM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,713,380 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No! Not more important.

Just more than.

The end.
workingclasshero will be demanding that livestock get the right to vote next, to make it more "fair" to those sparsely populated states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 08:50 AM
 
5,162 posts, read 1,424,627 times
Reputation: 3197
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you feel we should be 50 different countries then... because you certainly are not being supportive of 50 UNITED states


because NO-ONE would want their state.. like Maine with a total population of 1.3 million to be NEGATED by a city like Chicago at nearly 3 million
Thank goodness we have the Senate, where the 50 states are equal. Otherwise, we would truly have tyranny of the majority, which is exactly why the Founders created the Senate in the first place.

The Democrats dream of the day, when they can amend the Constitution and alter the makeup of the federal government to constitute a single house, perhaps also eliminating the office of President and having a Prime Minister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,013 posts, read 2,733,677 times
Reputation: 6945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Leftist elites hate poor and middle class Americans. What's funny is the leftist elites campaign on helping poor people so they can protect them from the evil 1%. When they get elected, they do little to nothing to help them. Take a look at California, one of the most liberal states in the country. There's homeless living under the freeway or living in a tent on a sidewalk.
Rightists hate not only poor and middle class Americans, they also hate people living in big cities. They think rural and lesser educated people are superior. Take a look at Mississippi, Oklahoma and West Virginia, three of the most conservative states in the country. You've got meth addicts missing teeth blaming liberals for their misfortunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 08:46 PM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,464 posts, read 3,297,445 times
Reputation: 3637
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Take a look at Mississippi, Oklahoma and West Virginia, three of the most conservative states in the country. You've got meth addicts missing teeth blaming liberals for their misfortunes.
Take a look at some of the liberal cities in this country (Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, Oakland, St Louis, Los Angeles, etc...). There's lots of homeless, poverty, filth, and crime. People with money (and or families) would not live in those areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,324 posts, read 14,041,763 times
Reputation: 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
workingclasshero will be demanding that livestock get the right to vote next, to make it more "fair" to those sparsely populated states.
and jams is again calling people in rural areas , livestock...

yep liberal elitism strikes again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2018, 08:54 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,324 posts, read 14,041,763 times
Reputation: 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Rightists hate not only poor and middle class Americans, they also hate people living in big cities. They think rural and lesser educated people are superior. Take a look at Mississippi, Oklahoma and West Virginia, three of the most conservative states in the country. You've got meth addicts missing teeth blaming liberals for their misfortunes.
and here is another fascist liberal, saying rural people are "less educated".... more liberal elitism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top