Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:44 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Mayor Michael Nutter Tells ABC News He Would Have Quit Church if His Pastor Made Such Remarks.

ABC News: Philly Mayor Would Quit Obama Church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 11:26 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Let me guess? Nutter is a Hillary supporter? Wow, I am so smart!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
yes Nutter supports Hillary! Now the other great question would be would he divorce Bill if he found out he was cheating?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Mayor Michael Nutter Tells ABC News He Would Have Quit Church if His Pastor Made Such Remarks.

ABC News: Philly Mayor Would Quit Obama Church
Any reasonable person would. The reason most people belong to a church is to worship God and learn more about the Bible and such. From what I've seen and read about this "church," they don't even teach mainstream Christian theology!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:18 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
For al the obama whiners who think that everyone who dislikes Obama is for Hillary, well your are "all wrong".

Even Oprah Winfrey went to that racist pig church of Obamas and she didnt last long there after seeing how racist it was, at least she had the moral character and judgement to leave that rat hole church.

So why didnt Obama leave that church after 20 years, because he believes the crap and hate that is spoken in that hateful church is why? Or he didnt have the guts ro judgement to make the call. Which makes him ineligible for be our commander.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Check out his speech on racism, and then his interview on The View.

Barack Obama: “The View” Video : Top Socialite

Many white churches do the same. They condemn America for killing others. Have you ever listened to Hagee? Other TV evangelists? They condemn all to hell that don't accept their religion? Even the Buddhists and the Hindus condemn countries to hell, but they call it "bad karma." So he would actually have to give up all religion. His paster is not much different than any other. I know because I have been in all of these religions I mentioned, and I have lost interest in religion, but I do understand his going to a church that preaches that way. And it doesn't mean that he accepts everything that his minister has said, and he has said as much. Because I can't accept anything any paster says, I don't go to any religion. But I no longer believe that others should leave because of certain things a minister says in 30 seconds of tape. Now, of course I would leave, because I have left. As one Buddhist said to me, "You won't have any religion if you keep finding things wrong in each." And I replied, "I don't have any religion."

Obama has never said anything that is racist. He has never come across as racist either. Having grown up with a mother that was white has helped me a lot, I am sure. When I was young I joined the Jehovah's Witnesses, a very diverse religion as far as races go. I can truly thank then for teaching me that all people are good and for taking away my racist attitudes, but the remainder of the religion sucks big time. Other churches I have been in have been racists. Those Christian religions have always told me that if a black person walks into the church we just ignore them, and they will move on. And so you can't compare what Ophra does with what Obama should do. No two people are alike in how they deal with religions and their teachings. I run at the drop of a hat, but I have friends that would say, "There are problems in all religions. I stay because I like the basic teachings. You won't find any organization without problems," and they are correct. I thought that they should run too, but now I realize that maybe they are just not runners like myself.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:24 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
I still don't understand how the church was racist. Yes, Obama's pastor said some things that insulted this country's history, but I didn't see any kind of disparaging views against white people in general. He did say that this country was run by rich white people... but that isn't racist and I don't think anyone could dispute that.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:03 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I still don't understand how the church was racist. Yes, Obama's pastor said some things that insulted this country's history, but I didn't see any kind of disparaging views against white people in general. He did say that this country was run by rich white people... but that isn't racist and I don't think anyone could dispute that.
Well, just for starters, (I'm not going to look absolutely every racist quote Wright has uttered, just a select few) he also stated, "The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color."

And, "It just came to me over the past few weeks, ya'll, why so many folks are hating on Barack Obama," Wright said. "He doesn't fit the model. He ain't white. He ain't rich. And he ain't privileged."

And, "Hillary (Clinton) fits the mold. (Rudy) Giuliani fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold. Rich, white men fit the mold...Hillary never had a cab whiz past her and not pick her up because her skin was the wrong color. Hillary never had to worry about being pulled over in her car as a black man driving in the wrong … Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single-parent home ---Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a n-----. Hillary ain't never had her people defined as nonpersons. Hillary ain't had to work twice as hard just to get accepted by the rich, white folk who run everything or to get a passing grade when you know you are smarter than that C-student in the White House."

I'm sorry, but I don't see how these statements aren't racist. And I've belonged to a lot of churches, but never, I mean never, have I ever heard a pastor make statements anywhere remotely like these. And what does the government even have to do with Christianity?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM

357 posts, read 890,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
For al the obama whiners who think that everyone who dislikes Obama is for Hillary, well your are "all wrong".
I don't think this was really a generalizing statement meant to imply that it's a necessary A vs B situation. What the OP was pointing out is that Mayor Nutter used (more or less) the exact wording in his statement as Sen. Clinton did this past week, and at a time when the media has really let go of the Rev. Wright phenomenon. It is not an attack on Hillary supporters, but it does show a consistent trend of her campaign to raise news issues that do not directly benefit her, but rather raise doubt about other candidates. The funny thing is, her negative ratings are at an all-time high, which is a great testament to the intelligence of the American people. They want a new politics.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
I'd rather discuss Philly's latest pretender as mayor -- isn't he the subject of the OP?

Anybody here ever been to Philly? That whole festering sewer of a city needs to be resurrected. I'd advise Mr. Nutter to stop yammering about Obama and start cleaning up North Philly. Of course, then the sheep who have made Phladelphia into the national disgrace that it is might start questioning his "leadership." It's smart of him to direct attention away from the city he's supposed to be governing, and toward national politics, about which he knows diddly.

Talk about a distraction. Talk about a hellhole.

City of Death: Philadelphia Murder Rate Highest in Nearly 20 Years | Keystone Politics (http://www.keystonepolitics.com/story/regional-news/philadelphia/city-death-philadelphia-murder-rate-highest-nearly-20-years - broken link)

http://www.citypaper.net/images/articles/2008/03/27/news-1.jpg (broken link)

With a friend like Hizzoner Nutter, Hillary doesn't need enemas.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 03-30-2008 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections