U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 09:25 PM

821 posts, read 208,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
bingo.
I mean...people do realize that Google is a thing and that any silly thing said on these boards can be easily checked, right?

Landslide? Hardly.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/trump-landslide-nope/
https://www.thoughtco.com/definition...ection-3367585
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ry-was-not-ma/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 10:13 PM

18,099 posts, read 9,374,535 times
The Founding Fathers defeating liberals from the grave....brilliant!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Founding Fathers defeating liberals from the grave....brilliant!
Again, for over 8 decades a vast majority were in favor of eliminating the EC.

Again, if the Dem/Rep decisions were reversed in 2000 and 2016, which side do you think you would be on?

The EC is not a political issue.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:30 PM

18,099 posts, read 9,374,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Again, for over 8 decades a vast majority were in favor of eliminating the EC.

Again, if the Dem/Rep decisions were reversed in 2000 and 2016, which side do you think you would be on?

The EC is not a political issue.
The way I see it, Liberals get the illegal immigrant, dead and multiple vote voters and the EC evens things out a bit.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The way I see it, Liberals get the illegal immigrant, dead and multiple vote voters and the EC evens things out a bit.
Again,.....oh, nevermind

Old 08-06-2018, 04:22 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,516,215 times
And one important fact you left out: The U.S. comprises 50 sovereign states, each with it's own government, and each state votes independently for President and Vice President. Those who wish to abolish the Electoral College and elect the President by national popular vote wish to delegitimize state sovereignty. Thus, as you made so clear, our President would be selected by the most populous regions, cities, or counties. Those living in less populous states and regions would have no voice. The would effectively be disenfranchised.

But the Leftists don't care, because they see all these people as uneducated rubes.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:07 AM

7,418 posts, read 2,158,702 times
electoral college will never be abolished. Five states will never be allowed to determine who our President becomes.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 AM

44,183 posts, read 17,608,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
I mean...people do realize that Google is a thing and that any silly thing said on these boards can be easily checked, right?

Landslide? Hardly.
Google?

I do realize that people will substitute links from google as argument because they can't come up with one themselves. I don't do link wars however.

It was a landslide victory for Trump no matter how you cut it. He thoroughly defeated Hillary Clinton, the violent left, the corporate controlled MSM and sent all those idiotic pollsters packing. It was one of the biggest political upsets in modern American history.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:22 AM

4,748 posts, read 1,766,833 times
Electing presidents without a plurality of votes is not good for America. The electoral college disproportionately weights votes. Any system where votes are not equal to one another is inherently anti-democratic (not as in party). The will and vote of the people nationally has been usurped twice in the last five presidential elections.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Google?

I do realize that people will substitute links from google as argument because they can't come up with one themselves. I don't do link wars however.

It was a landslide victory for Trump no matter how you cut it. He thoroughly defeated Hillary Clinton, the violent left, the corporate controlled MSM and sent all those idiotic pollsters packing. It was one of the biggest political upsets in modern American history.
Link wars? Huh?

I mean, using sources to backup one's argument is kind of the foundation for writing any sort of essay, which one certainly should have learned in any US high school.

Yes, it was a huge political upset. By EC count, though, it is not considered a "landslide."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or