U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 12:42 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,223,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
North Carolina has a strong economy from what Iíve heard .
Housing seems relatively affordable too .

Itís interesting that the left likes to make fun of poor Americans .. but they almost worship poor illegals alien

Anyone else notice that ?
Anyone else notice your post is off topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 03:42 AM

23,202 posts, read 11,461,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. You took the time to find out about an obscure politician in a remote very rural part of North Carolina.

But you don't have any interest at all with a politician in the largest city of the state. A politician who was a part of Obama's nomination process in 2012. A politician whose district was where the 2012 DNC Convention was held.

Curious that. Though I get why the MSM will cover one and not another.
Are you actually arguing that anyone outside of Charlotte should have known who this women was in 2012 ?

Further more, her controversy didnt happen until this year, so you are going even further and arguing that everyone should retro activity know who she was before she did anything wrong, LOL

Old 07-06-2018, 04:17 AM

3,862 posts, read 1,501,003 times
Okay. Which one of you kids triggered Norm?

Old 07-06-2018, 04:23 AM

5,116 posts, read 1,798,518 times
is white supremacist the new "racist" that the left is going to call everyone?

Old 07-06-2018, 04:36 AM

10,487 posts, read 4,363,323 times
The GOP guy is an example of a growing number of members who have only the God line.

The GOP in NC has cut payroll taxes and spending so dramatically. Schools and infrastructure have not been repaired. Local taxes such as real estate and property are going up. This is after we here in NC have seen every other tax raised sometimes doubled.

The GOP controlled legislature has resorted to putting more and more constitutional questions on the ballot. They are trying to get their base out.

It's hard to get them out when earning's are not going up and prices are rising faster then most thought.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:57 AM

13,427 posts, read 8,456,333 times
Another hysterical and desperate attempt to pain Republicans with a nasty, wide brush.
Fail.

We are talking about the North Carolina State House, not the US legislature. The current seat is held by Garland Pierce, who is a black minister and has held the seat since 2004. Last cycle he ran unopposed. The job pays $13,491 per year.
Republicans currently hold a 76-44 majority in the North Carolina House and there appears to be no danger that this particular Democratic seat will be lost.

The Real News is:

There are nuts in the world. About as many call themselves Democrat as do Republican. Some nuts run for office.
But that's not a very interesting headline.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:01 AM

36,428 posts, read 15,937,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
A North Carolina state House of Representatives candidate who recently won the Republican primary has claimed Jews are Satanic, U.S. soldiers are being poisoned by the government and that God is a white supremacist. Republican Nominee: God Is A White Supremacist, Jews Come From Satan

I understand that small business owners hate government regulation...but why do so many Republicans have to be evil? Some of these people are like cartoon villains. I know the government has many problems to deal with...but I think they should make it a priority to have...say...5% fewer evil abominations whose primary goal is to destroy the world, over the course of the next few months.

In North Carolina's defense, the North Carolina Republican Party had this to say:

On Tuesday, after reports concerning their deplorable candidate began to circulate in local media, the North Carolina Republican Party withdrew its support for Walker. In a statement GOP chairman Robin Hayes said:

Based on recent behavior and previous statements, the North Carolina Republican Party is unable and unwilling to support the Republican nominated candidate for North Carolina House District 48. The NCGOP along with our local parties in Hoke, Scotland and Robeson Counties will be spending our time and resources supporting Republican candidates that better reflect the values of our party.

Republican Nominee: God Is A White Supremacist, Jews Come From Satan

So...when I think about this situation I envision the following: Republican North Carolina politicians have malets and are playing a game of wac-a-mole. They're getting exhausted struggling to bop the plastic moles or whatever they are back into their holes. They're all sweating profusely. Some of them have fainted from exhaustion, and every time they smack down a mole they say "We're not racist!" and every time a mole pops up it's missing teeth, and it's chewing tobacco, and it says "Oh yes we are!" and the moles just keep coming and coming forever.

I don't agree with hm BUT, he has the RIGHT to have those opinions just as black racist's like jesse jackson, charlie rangle, maxine waters, sheila jackson and the NAACP, and even you.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
North Carolina has a strong economy from what I’ve heard .
Housing seems relatively affordable too .

It’s interesting that the left likes to make fun of poor Americans .. but they almost worship poor illegals alien

Anyone else notice that ?
"North Carolina has a strong economy from what I’ve heard .
Housing seems relatively affordable too ."

NC came a little short of gaining another seat in the House of Representatives because so many are moving there.

MOST are coming form the NORTH. If the north is so great, why are so many leaving.

If it is as bad as has been claimed, WHY are they moving THERE?

NY LOST 2 SEATS and NJ lost 1 in the House for example.

"WASHINGTON — New York will lose 2 of its 29 seats in the House, while New Jersey will lose 1 of its 13 seats, because of population shifts reported by the Census Bureau on Tuesday."

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/22/n...2nycensus.html

Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t disagree with him. The Christian God that I grew up learning about was definitely pro-white. I know that much. That’s why I’m no longer a Christian or God believer.

I’m happy that he’s telling the truth.
" The Christian God that I grew up learning about was definitely pro-white"

No wonder you have the opinions ypu do.

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school, and yes we DID have black children in the schools, we were NOT taught that.

In FACT, we were taught there is only ONE God no matter what "religion" you practice, be it be Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, Jewish, etc.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Another one? Shocking. How long do we have to wait for another Conservative thread to claim that Democrats are the real racists b/c they were racist 70 years ago? At this point, any Conservative that tries to bring that talking point up is just dumb or trolling.
"How long do we have to wait for another Conservative thread to claim that Democrats are the real racists"

Do you deny there ARE dem racists today?

Anyone with common sense would admit there are racists of ALL stripes in America.

Thankfully, not as many as we used to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or