Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

Trump supporters seem to think that Trump will win in a landslide in 2020 but I think that could be especially in jeopardy if there is a recession. While Trump and his supporters believe that his trade wars and tariffs will be good for the US economy, most economic experts disagree and predict that recession will arrive in 2019 and 2020, and that this recession could possibly be worse than the last one. Unlike this last one, this one will be primarily self-inflicted. Trump and his supporters will be solely to blame for it. But, we all will have to suffer. As somebody who is still struggling to get my life going after the last recession, the prospect of another one before 2020 is something of nightmares. Yet, that is where we are.

If the recession begins before the end of Trump's first term, do you think he is done? Or, are social/cultural issues more important to Americans, important enough they will vote for Trump again anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 04:28 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I think it is funny how you are already calling something that hasn't happened the "Trump Recession".

Of course if the economy tanks before 2020 Trump will be in trouble election day.
The economy has it's natural ups and downs and by sheer timing we may be heading for another recession soon. We even have some Dems saying what we need is a recession to get Trump out. They are willing to hurt good people because they hate Trump so much.

Why would you blame Trump and his supporters if we do have a recession? We had a choice in 2016 between a gamble and a sure thing of deceit, corruption, scandal and back door dealings and the way I see it with Trump we had a chance.

I couldn't imagine what America would look like today if the far Left had their way with her.

The difference is with Trump the media pounds on everything he does but if Hillary was President they would be reporting, highlighting and hyping the positives while downplaying and ignoring the negatives while we continued down that one way road to ruin.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:33 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Um, breaking news, ladies and gentlemen: There is no Trump recession.

None.

People are working again or are about to go back to work again. The economy's the best it's been since Reagan was in office. And, the employment rate is the lowest ever for African-Americans, for Hispanics, and for women. Businesses which left the country under a previous president are coming back to the United States under President Trump.

That hardly sounds like a recession, folks. The left-wingers, meanwhile, continue to be unhinged.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:00 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Um, breaking news, ladies and gentlemen: There is no Trump recession.

None.

People are working again or are about to go back to work again. The economy's the best it's been since Reagan was in office. And, the employment rate is the lowest ever for African-Americans, for Hispanics, and for women. Businesses which left the country under a previous president are coming back to the United States under President Trump.

That hardly sounds like a recession, folks. The left-wingers, meanwhile, continue to be unhinged.
Not yet. Check back in 2019 or 2020. It's coming. The US economy is like an ocean liner. It takes time to change course. Recessions are typically rooted in economic policy years prior to when they arrive.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:27 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Not yet. Check back in 2019 or 2020. It's coming. The US economy is like an ocean liner. It takes time to change course. Recessions are typically rooted in economic policy years prior to when they arrive.

What are you doing; watching too much Bill Maher lately? Have you thought about switching to 'real news'?

Old 07-04-2018, 08:56 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,434 times
Recessions end. We are heading to something more permanent.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:43 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Trump supporters seem to think that Trump will win in a landslide in 2020 but I think that could be especially in jeopardy if there is a recession. While Trump and his supporters believe that his trade wars and tariffs will be good for the US economy, most economic experts disagree and predict that recession will arrive in 2019 and 2020, and that this recession could possibly be worse than the last one. Unlike this last one, this one will be primarily self-inflicted. Trump and his supporters will be solely to blame for it. But, we all will have to suffer. As somebody who is still struggling to get my life going after the last recession, the prospect of another one before 2020 is something of nightmares. Yet, that is where we are.

If the recession begins before the end of Trump's first term, do you think he is done? Or, are social/cultural issues more important to Americans, important enough they will vote for Trump again anyways?
Would those be the same experts that gave Hillary 98% odds to win in '16? That predicted that the economy would collapse as soon as Trump was elected? That screech about "Russian Hacking" with no evidence to support anyone from Trump's campaign being involved?

Lets face it-left-wing "experts" don't exactly have a lot of credibility any longer.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:18 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Liberals are praying for a recession. Sad.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:03 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:

Title is misleading as you are predicting something that I don't see coming at this time. I will vote for whoever I feel can make this country better for myself and others - but with the policies the Democrats are pushing - I'll probably still end up voting Republican or 3rd party.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:37 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
I'm not a fan of Trump. There is no recession yet. There might not be a recession prior to 2020 either. Sure, there may (or may not) be economic indicators of a coming recession, but until there IS an actual recession, we can't say we are in a Trump Recession.

For example, GDP is mostly in line with the mean GDP over the last 9 years. If GDP is a measure of a recession, then whatever we assign to Trump's economy applies to Obama's economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections