Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think the claims were "unfair" with Hillary saying "you knew the rules" but when she lost she said "unfair".
Meddling by a foreign power is illegal

Bernie and his people not having a single delegate candidate in some congressional districts is stupidity on their part and has nothing to do with Clinton and yet it was called "cheating"

Quote:
Trump can win again for all I care.
Trump's getting out of hand, im going to vote for the Democratic nominee, even if its Bernie. But there are people who arent because they feel as though he tried to subvert the process and is the reason we have Trump in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Meddling by a foreign power is illegal

Bernie and his people not having a single delegate candidate in some congressional districts is stupidity on their part and has nothing to do with Clinton and yet it was called "cheating"
It was Perez that said it was rigged.

Quote:
Trump's getting out of hand, im going to vote for the Democratic nominee, even if its Bernie. But there are people who arent because they feel as though he tried to subvert the process and is the reason we have Trump in the first place.
A corporate stooge is a corporate stooge.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
why the new face?
the giant sucking sound
why?
BLM and muslim brotherhood center stage under the democratic spotlight
fist clenched
dem leadership public statements advocating assassination of the president and police

Old 07-22-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
It was Perez that said it was rigged.

A corporate stooge is a corporate stooge.
Pandering is Pandering.

And I dont have a problem with the argument that "corporate candidates" are a problem, but this argument usually ends up being more along the lines of " anyone progressives dont like is a corporate Democrat"

Old 07-23-2018, 07:36 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
A big one....as did Hillary. Why do we not demand better?
It could be that we did, but the primary process failed. That's not to say that Trump didn't get the most primary votes or Clinton didn't the most primary votes.

The Democratic Primary was pretty much broken down to the DNC putting the thumb on the scale. I'm not saying Sanders was perfect, but I think he would have stood up the pressure from Trump better than Clinton did.

The Republican Primary's field was too diluted to start with and that allowed someone like Trump to step in and dominate. He worked with the situation and won the nomination in a crowded field. That can't be taken away from him. I think if actual Republicans had coalesced around a single candidate earlier (Republican politicians as well as supporters), then it wouldn't have allowed Trump to thrive.

We should demand better. But the primary system is in place to make us think we have some say when we really don't. Parties stand up various candidates and in some cases, they do have favorites, but in others - they'd be happy with ANY of them.

To Trump's credit, I don't think the party wanted him. In other election cycles, the party probably wouldn't care who won the nomination as long as it was one of the five "choices" that the party gave the people.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
It could be that we did, but the primary process failed. That's not to say that Trump didn't get the most primary votes or Clinton didn't the most primary votes.

The Democratic Primary was pretty much broken down to the DNC putting the thumb on the scale. I'm not saying Sanders was perfect, but I think he would have stood up the pressure from Trump better than Clinton did.
Trump didn't defeat Hillary. Hillary defeated Hillary.

Quote:
The Republican Primary's field was too diluted to start with and that allowed someone like Trump to step in and dominate. He worked with the situation and won the nomination in a crowded field. That can't be taken away from him. I think if actual Republicans had coalesced around a single candidate earlier (Republican politicians as well as supporters), then it wouldn't have allowed Trump to thrive.

We should demand better. But the primary system is in place to make us think we have some say when we really don't. Parties stand up various candidates and in some cases, they do have favorites, but in others - they'd be happy with ANY of them.

To Trump's credit, I don't think the party wanted him. In other election cycles, the party probably wouldn't care who won the nomination as long as it was one of the five "choices" that the party gave the people.
Trump won the day he raised his hand when asked if any candidate would refuse to endorse and back another candidate if they had won. I even give him credit for that. He was able to read the electorate and was willing to not fall in line.

I like Rand Paul but how he could support a Christie if he had won is beyond me. They do not support hardly any of the same positions.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

The DNC didnt put its thumb on the scale. The DNC by its very design, cant put its thumb on the scale as State primaries are separate from the DNC.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The DNC didnt put its thumb on the scale. The DNC by its very design, cant put its thumb on the scale as State primaries are separate from the DNC.
This was putting your thumb on the scales.

https://www.npr.org/2015/11/13/45581...e-over-sanders

Old 07-23-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
This was putting your thumb on the scales.

https://www.npr.org/2015/11/13/45581...e-over-sanders
THats not putting your thumb on the scale, thats called Bernie Sanders not having any support within the party.

You are defining "Having your thumb on the scale" as having your colleague's support.

Whats even worse is the fact that Bernie was fine with lobbying for those same SD's support. So he wasnt even against the SD's

Old 07-23-2018, 04:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arresmillao View Post
Of course, trump knew that all he needed was to rattle the base of the party with a crazy racist, and isolationist message, he is crazy palin on steroids, the rest of the work was accomplished by the feud between hillary and bernie, which resulted in several million democrats voting for the chump, problem is, he will not get those votes again, do the math and you'll realize he will be down at least 8 million votes, instead of the 2 million votes loss last election....
If those eight million are in already blue states, he still might win the election. The Dems are going to have to hold their noses and mingle with the deplorables if they want to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections