U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-21-2018, 08:03 PM
 
78,878 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15805

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Umm, thats true of all delegates and all candidates for that matter. Thats like saying the President isnt allowed to vote for himself and congressional and local candidates in his home state.
No it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2018, 08:04 PM
 
78,878 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It doesnt really matter , because your argument is that no one should be in lock step with party leadership.

So what republican do you support that defies Trump for some random reason ?
McCain did on repealing Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 02:07 AM
 
Location: USA
4,797 posts, read 4,237,862 times
Reputation: 2848
They're going to send another turd out to get slaughtered by a dirty Russian campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 04:36 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,290 posts, read 11,533,714 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't.
it absolutely is true


Did you think candidates couldnt vote for themselves ????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,290 posts, read 11,533,714 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
McCain did on repealing Obamacare.
reread my post.

I asked him which republican that he supports.

The answer is none(he hates McCain)

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-22-2018 at 04:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,290 posts, read 11,533,714 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I support our President; I do not support the old school Republicans. I was a Democrat for most of my life; I wanted change.

That has nothing to do with the premise you put forth. Hence, why most people dont think you were a Democrat.

Your definition of "Crossing over" is one way and not the other.


Quote:
What kind of change would you get with one of the younger Democrats like Tammy Duckworth if she does the goose step thing?
Your definition of change, and what you want to change are different than myself.

I like much of what the Democratic Party does, you dont.

Politics is one of those areas where people seem baffled that others think and believe differently than they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,404 posts, read 11,713,987 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That has nothing to do with the premise you put forth. Hence, why most people dont think you were a Democrat.

Your definition of "Crossing over" is one way and not the other.
I really do not care if you don't believe a 30 year Teamster was a Democrat most of his life! The reason I 'crossed over' was because the current Party gave me nothing to believe in and it still doesn't. That is why Democrats did not even vote the last election; no compelling reason to do so.

It is very easy to blame others that do not think like you. It is so much harder to accept fault.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your definition of change, and what you want to change are different than myself.

I like much of what the Democratic Party does, you dont.

Politics is one of those areas where people seem baffled that others think and believe differently than they do.
Basically the left side of 'liberal' has taken over the Party. You cannot and will not acknowledge that there can be a moderate or (God forgive) conservative Democrat. So you slammed the door on a good portion of your own membership.

Years ago we had one local policeman that was showing off his quick draw in front of a local pharmacy. In doing so he managed to shoot himself in the foot. I think of the Democratic Party like I think of that local policeman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,290 posts, read 11,533,714 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I really do not care if you don't believe a 30 year Teamster was a Democrat most of his life! The reason I 'crossed over' was because the current Party gave me nothing to believe in and it still doesn't. That is why Democrats did not even vote the last election; no compelling reason to do so.

It is very easy to blame others that do not think like you. It is so much harder to accept fault.
If you have lived in Pennsylvania the entire time, you are proving my point.

Democrats havent controlled your state for 30 years. Your Congressional delegation has only been majority Democratic for 4 of the last 30.

Congress in the last 30 years has been majority Republicans.

You are blaming Democrats when Democrats havent even been in power.

To be clear, this isnt about what I think. Its about your logic not making sense and coming to the conclusion that you are not being truthful.

Your defintion of bipartisan is Democrats voting with Republican, but not vice versa, as a former Democrat(especially one who says his views didnt change), that argument doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Basically the left side of 'liberal' has taken over the Party. You cannot and will not acknowledge that there can be a moderate or (God forgive) conservative Democrat. So you slammed the door on a good portion of your own membership.

Years ago we had one local policeman that was showing off his quick draw in front of a local pharmacy. In doing so he managed to shoot himself in the foot. I think of the Democratic Party like I think of that local policeman
I dont have a problem with moderate or even conservative Dems for that matter, for all your arguments , there are clearly more moderates and conservatives with Ds next to there name in comparison to liberals and moderates who are Republicans. Look at congress now as an example.

again, another example of the flaw in your premise.

It seems to me that Dems are simply not what you want them to be, and instead of saying so, you try to falsely paint yourself as a pragmatist, but it aint flying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,404 posts, read 11,713,987 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you have lived in Pennsylvania the entire time, you are proving my point.

Democrats havent controlled your state for 30 years. Your Congressional delegation has only been majority Democratic for 4 of the last 30.

Congress in the last 30 years has been majority Republicans.

You are blaming Democrats when Democrats havent even been in power.

To be clear, this isnt about what I think. Its about your logic not making sense and coming to the conclusion that you are not being truthful.

Your defintion of bipartisan is Democrats voting with Republican, but not vice versa, as a former Democrat(especially one who says his views didnt change), that argument doesnt make sense.

I blame both Parties; but I blame the Democrats more. When growing up they were the only Party to represent the working class. But like the Republicans that traditionally wanted the cheap labor; the Democrats turned their backs on the very people that built the Party. Instead of fighting for our issues, like better pay and benefits, they turned to fight for globalization and illegal open borders. Many Republicans and Democrats were cross-dressers; one could not tell the difference. The Democrats found out that the average voter did not have money to contribute so they turned their backs to favor big business. The average worker got the wrong end of the stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont have a problem with moderate or even conservative Dems for that matter, for all your arguments , there are clearly more moderates and conservatives with Ds next to there name in comparison to liberals and moderates who are Republicans. Look at congress now as an example.

again, another example of the flaw in your premise.

It seems to me that Dems are simply not what you want them to be, and instead of saying so, you try to falsely paint yourself as a pragmatist, but it aint flying.
Right now the Democratic Party is voting as a block. The legislation they vote on was written by the most liberal in the organization. Show me one Democrat that can stand up and say: We stand for America! You cannot work with our President; you don't even acknowledge our President. Many have stated that they want our Country to fail just so they can retake power. That is not somebody I would ever consider voting for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:41 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,013 posts, read 16,597,455 times
Reputation: 22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hell, run Stormy! The debates would be entertaining!
Sadly, she could probably out-debate Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Because Wall Street is the economy and helping the economy helps everyone including the poor. Constantly giving freebies to the poor will not help them in the long term. This is something the Left will never get.
This is one of the dumbest things I have seen yet. Constantly giving freebies to Corporate America won't help the common man in the long run either. Wall Street is NOT the entire economy and many americans don't even participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
And given further thought about this whole Warren/Pocahontas thing... I thought you people disparaged "fake news."


But anyway - so let me get this straight. People want to hold Warren to the fire about her alleged heritage because they claim she had something to gain by leveraging it if it was false. Yet, they do not want to hold Trump to the fire for "allegedly" having bone spurs. He had much to gain by avoiding the draft. His father was a multi-millionaire. He was essentially a fortunate son with everything to lose by going to war.

A made up heritage/medical condition possibly resulted in someone taking advantage of the system. Now, what if Warren/Trump were simply told they had Native heritage/bone spurs from their parents? Would that make a difference?

Trump has a lot more of these skeletons in the closet than Warren (or probably other possible 2020 contenders). Yet, he can open up these line of attacks because for whatever reason, his own supporters don't really care about Trump's own problems.
Only Trump can lie with impunity according to Cult 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Regardless of her age; she is voting straight Party line. She might be younger; but her votes are cast right with Pelosi, Warren and Waters and all the rest of the Party leaders.


You cannot win if you stand with Party leadership.
Democrats often agree with other Democrats. SHOCKING!

Which Republican has stood up to Trump and NOT just talked a big game? One. Dying of cancer and constantly jeered and demeaned at Trump rallies. McCain. That's it. The rest talk a a big game (Jeff Flake) then vote for everything Dump proposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top