U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I blame both Parties; but I blame the Democrats more. When growing up they were the only Party to represent the working class. But like the Republicans that traditionally wanted the cheap labor; the Democrats turned their backs on the very people that built the Party. Instead of fighting for our issues, like better pay and benefits, they turned to fight for globalization and illegal open borders. Many Republicans and Democrats were cross-dressers; one could not tell the difference. The Democrats found out that the average voter did not have money to contribute so they turned their backs to favor big business. The average worker got the wrong end of the stick!
Even if you believed everything you just typed. That means Republican are still the worst of the 2. Seeing as all of them are pro free trade in the Senate and only a hand full arent in the House.


Quote:
Right now the Democratic Party is voting as a block. The legislation they vote on was written by the most liberal in the organization. Show me one Democrat that can stand up and say: We stand for America!
There you go again making the false argument that not agreeing with you makes someone anti american.

Quote:
You cannot work with our President; you don't even acknowledge our President. Many have stated that they want our Country to fail just so they can retake power. That is not somebody I would ever consider voting for.
Tell that to Mitch McConnell since he did exactly that when Barack Obama was our president.

Just for clarification. I have not once seen a Democrat argue for us to fail, their argument has always been that Trumps plans wont work.

Republicans actually didnt care about President Obama's plans, they were just against them.

again, you are proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,268 posts, read 11,624,769 times
Reputation: 10671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Even if you believed everything you just typed. That means Republican are still the worst of the 2. Seeing as all of them are pro free trade in the Senate and only a hand full arent in the House.




There you go again making the false argument that not agreeing with you makes someone anti american.



Tell that to Mitch McConnell since he did exactly that when Barack Obama was our president.

Just for clarification. I have not once seen a Democrat argue for us to fail, their argument has always been that Trumps plans wont work.

Republicans actually didnt care about President Obama's plans, they were just against them.

again, you are proving my point.

See, here is the problem; you do not give a rat's behind if I stay where I am at or come home. I see the current Democratic Party arguing for a better life for everybody in the world; except Americans. You cannot say: I fight for America. You want somebody to blame. I left because you gave me nothing to believe in. The Party changed over the years to the point where we can no longer recognize what is left.

President Obama was supposed to unite our people and instead he left us more divided than we have ever been. Before him we had a plan and the races were coming together - look at what we have now and you cannot blame that on President Trump. Without knowing which side was right; President Obama took the side of the protestors and fanned the flames of hate. He left office with our Country in shambles and hate seeping from the seams. It was so easy for the Democrats to continue to spew hate after he left office.

My wife voted for President Obama two times; I knew that she was making a mistake. After about six years she came to the same conclusion; sometimes it just takes her a little more time. She switched and voted for President Trump after she realized the mistakes she made. But you don't care about the votes you lost; you are only interested in your own opinions.

We never switched to vote for Mitch or Paul; we switched to vote for change! When one votes they expect the person they 'hired' to work for them. The Democrats don't even pledge to work for America; let alone the voters that hired them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
See, here is the problem; you do not give a rat's behind if I stay where I am at or come home. I see the current Democratic Party arguing for a better life for everybody in the world; except Americans. You cannot say: I fight for America. You want somebody to blame. I left because you gave me nothing to believe in. The Party changed over the years to the point where we can no longer recognize what is left.
Your making this about the democratic Party, but your argument is structurally centered around the Republicans being an alternative, something you have not actually shown to be true and thats my entire point.

If you believe Dems havent supported you, fine, I disagree based on what you have stated and where you live, but fine. However you have not once shown how Republicans are better.


Quote:
President Obama was supposed to unite our people and instead he left us more divided than we have ever been. Before him we had a plan and the races were coming together - look at what we have now and you cannot blame that on President Trump. Without knowing which side was right; President Obama took the side of the protestors and fanned the flames of hate. He left office with our Country in shambles and hate seeping from the seams. It was so easy for the Democrats to continue to spew hate after he left office.
President Obama didnt divide us, people who hate him did.

Im not sure what Protesters you mean. Clarify your statement with an example. The funny part is, what you likely mean by fanning the flames is Barack Obama saying "______ shoudlnt have lost there life"

sad how you see things like that as "fanning the flames".


Quote:
My wife voted for President Obama two times; I knew that she was making a mistake. After about six years she came to the same conclusion; sometimes it just takes her a little more time. She switched and voted for President Trump after she realized the mistakes she made. But you don't care about the votes you lost; you are only interested in your own opinions.
Even this line doesnt make sense. If your wife voted for Obama twice, that means it was 4 years, not 6 when she
"Came to her senses and voted for "Trump"

Quote:
We never switched to vote for Mitch or Paul; we switched to vote for change! When one votes they expect the person they 'hired' to work for them. The Democrats don't even pledge to work for America; let alone the voters that hired them!
Thats because you cant vote for Mitch or Paul. And your definition of America seems to only include white people based on the above post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:11 PM
 
77,842 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Reputation: 15559
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your making this about the democratic Party, but your argument is structurally centered around the Republicans being an alternative, something you have not actually shown to be true and thats my entire point.

If you believe Dems havent supported you, fine, I disagree based on what you have stated and where you live, but fine. However you have not once shown how Republicans are better.




President Obama didnt divide us, people who hate him did.
Politically speaking, Obama most certainly divided you and I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,268 posts, read 11,624,769 times
Reputation: 10671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Politically speaking, Obama most certainly divided you and I.

When you look at where we were going before he took office and where we ended up as he left office and you cannot come to any other verdict.


As far as dsjj251; he doesn't understand that I am actually fighting a battle to try and turn around the current Democratic Party. I really feel that they do not care that they lost members. It is their way or the highway. Currently there is left and then farther left; no moderates or conservatives. They have their long term goals and they stick right with them even as the water comes over the deck. They plan to go down with the ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Politically speaking, Obama most certainly divided you and I.
LOL. I actually think Bernie divided us more than Obama did.

I think you and I could sit in a room and debate Obama.......but Bernie, we might end up strangling each other(jokingly of course)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:29 PM
 
77,842 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Reputation: 15559
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL. I actually think Bernie divided us more than Obama did.

I think you and I could sit in a room and debate Obama.......but Bernie, we might end up strangling each other(jokingly of course)
Iran might be the only thing I supported President Obama on. You have a problem with Universal Health care? Expanding educational opportunities? An increase in the minimum wage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
When you look at where we were going before he took office and where we ended up as he left office and you cannot come to any other verdict.


As far as dsjj251; he doesn't understand that I am actually fighting a battle to try and turn around the current Democratic Party. I really feel that they do not care that they lost members. It is their way or the highway. Currently there is left and then farther left; no moderates or conservatives. They have their long term goals and they stick right with them even as the water comes over the deck. They plan to go down with the ship.
You left the Democratic Party, a party that was not in power in your state or congressional delegation or congress at large and for the most part havent been in power in your adult life.

Also, you have never mentioned trying to help/turn around the party.

And again, the Democratic Party has far more moderates and Conservatives than the Republican party has liberals and moderates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Iran might be the only thing I supported President Obama on. You have a problem with Universal Health care? Expanding educational opportunities? An increase in the minimum wage?
I dont have a problem with Universal Payer(medicare for all) there will be some challenges with paying for it, but that can be helped with true price controls.


Minimum wage gradually lifted over time can work, but not 15 an hour, at least not now. 10 dollars wouldnt hurt. Most companies now pay around 8 to 9 starting off, the exception being regional grocery chains.

So 10 dollars an hour is fine to me, 12 as well. Maybe give Small businesses a tax credit the same way we do now.

Expanding education, I need more detain on what you mean.

As I said, im all for using community colleges as bases to both re-educate and train people in new trades.

If you mean school choice, then no. Only because they usually destroy the students who cant afford to travel to the new schools. Its basically leaving them behind in the worst conditions possible with no hope.

Fixing the schools themselves is a better option than school choice since the ultimate goal there is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:48 PM
 
77,842 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Reputation: 15559
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont have a problem with Universal Payer(medicare for all) there will be some challenges with paying for it, but that can be helped with true price controls.


Minimum wage gradually lifted over time can work, but not 15 an hour, at least not now. 10 dollars wouldnt hurt. Most companies now pay around 8 to 9 starting off, the exception being regional grocery chains.

So 10 dollars an hour is fine to me, 12 as well. Maybe give Small businesses a tax credit the same way we do now.

Expanding education, I need more detain on what you mean.

As I said, im all for using community colleges as bases to both re-educate and train people in new trades.

If you mean school choice, then no. Only because they usually destroy the students who cant afford to travel to the new schools. Its basically leaving them behind in the worst conditions possible with no hope.

Fixing the schools themselves is a better option than school choice since the ultimate goal there is the same.
So what exactly is Bernie dividing you on? (If you want $12 an hour you have to start higher)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top