U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 AM

14,383 posts, read 11,709,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Merkley and Sherrod Brown are two of the best ones who actually care and also are senators (candidates are usually either senators or governors).

They both have voting records favoring illegal immigration; just like the Party leadership. Show us one Democratic candidate that puts Americans first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 06:11 AM

78,808 posts, read 33,532,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They both have voting records favoring illegal immigration; just like the Party leadership. Show us one Democratic candidate that puts Americans first!
If the Republicans were serious then we would be having votes on e-verify. Republicans are no different than how Obama was. Say one thing but do another.

You have no room to condemn.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If the Republicans were serious then we would be having votes on e-verify. Republicans are no different than how Obama was. Say one thing but do another.

You have no room to condemn.
There are many Republicans that have always favored cheap labor. That is why it is so difficult for President Trump to succeed. But the Republicans do have some members that have broken with the McCain crowd. My PA Republicans are pretty good and I hope that we get another strong supporter of immigration change in November. I know I will be voting for him.

The problem with the Democrats is that they are all talking the same line; there are none that are bold enough to fight the leadership. New faces, to the Democrats, is simply repackaging the same old product!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
There are many Republicans that have always favored cheap labor. That is why it is so difficult for President Trump to succeed.
He is NOT even trying.

Quote:
But the Republicans do have some members that have broken with the McCain crowd. My PA Republicans are pretty good and I hope that we get another strong supporter of immigration change in November. I know I will be voting for him.

The problem with the Democrats is that they are all talking the same line; there are none that are bold enough to fight the leadership. New faces, to the Democrats, is simply repackaging the same old product!
Sanders supported enforcing the borders.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
He is NOT even trying.
What other modern President kept a list of their campaign pledges and attempted to go down the list? Most forgot who voted for them the second they took office! Just because he has not been successful does not mean that he is not trying. Show us the Democrats that will help him succeed.

Quote:
Sanders supported enforcing the borders.
Enforcing borders is only one small part of the problem; not that we should not enforce our borders. What we should do is force all the politicians to negotiate so that these issues do not have to be resolved by any President. Make our Representatives work for a change!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
What other modern President kept a list of their campaign pledges and attempted to go down the list? Most forgot who voted for them the second they took office! Just because he has not been successful does not mean that he is not trying. Show us the Democrats that will help him succeed.
He isn't trying. e-verify is never brought up for a vote nor does Trump push it.

Quote:
Enforcing borders is only one small part of the problem; not that we should not enforce our borders. What we should do is force all the politicians to negotiate so that these issues do not have to be resolved by any President. Make our Representatives work for a change!
Politicians represent those who vote for them and most are as extremely partisan as they are.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
He isn't trying. e-verify is never brought up for a vote nor does Trump push it.

Politicians represent those who vote for them and most are as extremely partisan as they are.

The majority of Americans do not favor illegal immigration: http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...e-dreamers-too. Like our President said: "Americans are Dreamers too".

Our political representatives represent their own issues first; American issues come last!

Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,173,557 times
Quote:

E-Verify does little or nothing to stop or slow down the flow of drugs through the open or semi-open borders. That is why i don't care about e-verify as much as I do about building the wall, as well as other means to stop the flow.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
The majority of Americans do not favor illegal immigration:
Maybe not but they aren't interested in addressing the actual problem either.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
E-Verify does little or nothing to stop or slow down the flow of drugs through the open or semi-open borders. That is why i don't care about e-verify as much as I do about building the wall, as well as other means to stop the flow.
If you want to change the subject, change it elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections